Got pregnant on strange cycle, could it be twins?
I am currently 13 weeks pregnant.  I just had my first prenantal visit yesterday, and my Dr. said there may have been two heartbeats, but since they were so close to the same rate, she thinks it was just one.  It got me thinking.  Twins run in my family.  There are at least 3 or 4 cases of twins in just the past few generations.  I was breastfeeding when i got pregnant, which i have heard increases chances of twins.  I had only recently started ovulating again after having my last baby, and had only had a few periods.  The cycles were very irregular, ranging from 20-35 days, different each month.  The month i got pregnant, i though i had already ovulated.  It was late in the cycle, and i had noted signs of ovulation at least a week prior to having sex.  (fertile mucous, cervix soft and open)  So i thought i couldn't possibly be ovulating anymore. But i went ahead and checked for signs the day after having sex and there was, either still or again, fertile mucous and soft open cervix.  And i got pregnant.  A pregnancy test did not pick it up until a week after my period was expected.  So my question is, what happened?   Did i ovulate twice?  Was i just fertile for a long time? Could it be due to releasing multiple eggs?  
Just know you're very lucky, it may not seem the most appropriate  time since you just had a baby but if you read some of our posts you can just see how hard it is for some of us to have that blessing....congratulations, everything happens for a reason! ;)