Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Green Tea and Cervix Mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Green Tea and Cervix Mucus

Ladies,

this link about green tea and cm.  very interesting.  

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/green-tea-and-cervical-mucus/
I went there and it said, (error 404) and there was nothing there...Is there
another way or can you tell me what you searched to get what you found on the green tea & cm.
I'm very interested in reading what it is you found.
I read it, it is very interesting. I have been drinking decaf green tea for ages! Thanks for the link:)
I copy and paste the article.  

********************

Green Tea and Cervical Mucus

If youve been doing much reading about how to get pregnant and the importance of cervical mucus you have do doubt happened upon articles and books that list a bunch of different items that you can eat. Of these items green tea was probably mentioned as a reliable remedy to either increase cervical mucus or increase the quality, or both. This is a common home remedy among women who are trying to conceive, but does it work?

There are countless women that will swear by green tea helping them produce more and better cervical mucus, but truthfully there is no scientific data to support their claims. Of course, this does not mean that it does not work at least in a small percent of the population. If you feel as though you may need a little bit of help in the cervical mucus department it surely wont hurt to try adding some green tea to your diet.

If you do attempt the green tea natural remedy you should be sure that you only go for the decaffeinated types, as caffeine will actually zap your system of the fluids and moisture it needs to produce an adequate amount of cervical mucus. Also, be sure that it is not too sweet as many women have struggles with yeast infections that are generally made worse and more common when sweet foods and drinks are consumed. Also, with sugar comes calories, so be careful.

Even if green tea is not directly responsible for your increase cervical mucus it may be a good idea to get in the habit of drinking it. Not only does it come in a calorie free form, it will also add to the fluids that you need to consume every day. Many women do not produce much in the way of cervical fluid because they do not get enough water and fluids each day. Your green tea will help hydrate your body so that it is better prepared to produce the cervical fluid your body needs to more easily get pregnant.

There are many studies that are ongoing about green tea, not only in its relation to cervical mucus but in its relation to weight loss and overall benefits to the body. There are many doctors and individuals that swear that green tea has changed their life for the better, so why not try it out? If you happen to like green tea its even better because you can drink something that you enjoy that may be great for your body. At the very least you will be hydrating your body and providing it with nutrients that have been proven to be great for you.

Thank-You-- I changed over to warm Honey water for my warm drink at night instead
of Hot Chocolate. Now I might go back to my Green Tea after reading this.
I drink decafine green tea each day.  I know even thoug they said 'no cafine' but still have some in it.  

I think green tea is good.  I drink with honey as well.

take care
how does it taste? i was thinking bout it but hd says it taste nasty so i did not wanna waste my money if i wasnt gonna be able to get the darn stuff down my throat lol!!
Actually it's taste very good.  You go to walmart and buy No Cafeine Green Tea.  Put little honey in it to make it sweet.  I drink green tea in the morning.  sometimes in the evening as well. it's really cheap cost less than 3 bucks.
I love it too! I have always drank green tea and swapped to decaffeinated when ttc came aroud
Its really good with the honey in it...Well even without honey I like it. My 11 year olds drink it so it can't be all that bad. They actually got me hooked on it.