Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HCG Beta TESTING?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

HCG Beta TESTING?

I wanted to know isn't the HCG testing like evey 3 days or so? I have read lots of your stories and all seem to me the same that everyone went like every 3 days for Hcg Beta. Well what i am getting to is that my RE wants me to wait 1 whole week and it is driving me crazy hopeing my levels go up well i will keep everyone posted. I go for me 2nd HCG beta on Thur hope all is good and lots and lots of baby dust to all
well thank you I actually live in Germany and my hubby is in the service I did the IVF on the german economy which the RE is actually a Prof.Dr. of the clinic well I work at a ER for the Goverment and my 1st beta test was on Thur the 8th but I went and took one on mon. the 5th at work it came back Positive at level 40. I took the test On thur with my RE but did not tell him about the Mon test and the test cam back positive and level at 200. I know the hcg beta come back as miu/l i wonder if the germans have the same system but anyway it was at 200 on thur hoping for hight this thur thank you and lots of luck baby dust to you
Your levels look really good to me!! Way more than doubling!  Do you know how far along you are ?  Did your dr. say they would do an ultrasound once your levels get high enough that they could see something?  Hope they continue to rise for you!!  Good luck, I know the wait is the hardest part!  I'm going crazy waiting for my ultrasound on Fri.  I had to wait 2 weeks from my last beta test til my ultrasound.  
With my last pregnancy that ended in m/c in Oct. I went every 2 days for about a week and a half.  With this pregnancy I went for my pregnancy blood test and it came back with low levels so they had me come back 2 days later and they doubled (however they were still a little low, but within the range for 5 weeks).  After my 2nd test they had me wait a week because they were doubling where as with my last preg. they never doubled and were low.  After a weeks wait they came back as doubling every 3 days.  Now I'm waiting to get in for an ultrasound to see if we see something instead of doing betas.  
How many did you have put back in??? It may sound like twins??? just a thought...
I am having my second IVF in a couple of weeks...I wish I worked in the ER....I would test everyday!!! Hehe!!!  good luck ....All looks wonderful!!!!  COngratulations!!
What is a beta test?