HCG LEVEL after IVF
Today is day 14 after my Retreival. I did the hcg blood test yesterday it was 24.8  , Do you think its early to test on day 13 . since my hcg level still low...the dr asked to repeat the test after 2 days to see if it douples...today I felt some cramps and feeling cold.. what does that mean..Im scared that im having chemical pregnancy ..since this is my 4 IVf and the last one I had also chemical pregnancy ..any thoughts
I think unfortunately you have to play the waiting game.  The only way as you know to see if this is a viable pregnancy is to see what that number does.  Perhaps the embryo(s) implanted late and that's why the number is where it is.  Think positive & SSBD! - jen
I think this waiting game is the worst part of ivf, as 40smama said the only way to truely know if it is a viable pregnancy is to get the repeat blood test. Good luck and let us know how the repeat blood test goes!
Thank you for your reply . It feels so good that someone is listening there.....Today im so happy I did the HCG result and its 57 ,it went up ... today is weekend cant wait to talk to my nurse ...what do you think ? do i still have ashot.? but as long as its going up, im happy...keep rising plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Sounds good to me as long as it keeps atleast doubling ever 2-3 days. Lots of Luck!!!! SSBD!!!!!
your number doubling is very, very good news - I really think you have a shot.  I imagine they will continue doing a hcg until the number is over a certain limit (or at least that's what the case was w/me).  I wish you much luck and SSBD!
Today I did another HCG level....It went down to 50.7  
I'm so discouraged.I have to repeat the test again on 2 days...
Did it ever happen before to someone and still had a viable pregnancy ?
I hope I don't have an ectopic pregnancy ...plz wish me luck and pray for me .
My thoughts and prayers arewith you I pray that every thing is ok and the numbers go up up up!!!!!! LOTS OF STICKY BABY DUST
update on my story ,
I did another blood test on 3/25 and it was 72 ...the nurse told me ;( bad news , im sorry it did not double that means either non healthy pergnancy or ectopic) . So I demand to talk to my Dr the dr called me back and told me lets wait and do another test 3/27 ,, but I couldnt wait I did and hcg level on 3/26 and it was 105 ....
Im really confused . it is increasing but not doubling and this is what scares me
any thoughts????? ...did any body have any experiece like this????? ...
I will know my results for today . I hope I will hear something good from the dr...
I was always told it doubles every 2-3 days

i googled doubling rules and found this:

In about 85% of normal pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 48 - 72 hours. As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
I had my first ivf cycle and found out the the pregnancy test was positive with a Hcg number of 95.  The nurse told me that it was a good strong number. I went back 2 days later for another blood test and was told that it was 135. She said that they really like to see the number double and that I would have to come back again in 2 days to repeat the bloodwork.
The nurse sounded like it was not going to have a good outcome..

Please advise... Im so upset..
If you scroll up on this thread, you'll see a post by lori0615 that talks about hcg levels doubling rate.  The only way to know on your pregnancy is to see if your number goes up at least 70%.  With a number of 135 w/previous one being 95, it's just too hard to tell since it's not quite up to that.

I know how hard it is to do the waiting game - bless your heart.  Hang in there and try to think positive - jen

P.S. Google hcg numbers - you'll find quite a few interesting posts - you can also post your question to the expert forum for a small cost.  Good luck!
So the end of my story . Is no pergnancy for the 4th times IVF. Im getting so discouraged and my hope of becoming a mother is fading away..I always ask my self what is next...and the clock is ticking.....I need a miracle