HCG LEVELS FOR TWINS AT 5 WEEKS
I am exactly 5 weeks pregnant after an IVF cycle.  We transferred 2 embryos and our beta today was 7,073.  I am super excited about this as our first IVF cycle resulted in a miscarriage.  At this point, I just want a happy and healthy baby, but am excited to think that it might be twins?  Can anyone else tell me what their beta levels were at 5 weeks??  Our first beta was exactly a week ago (at 4 weeks) and it was 323.  Two days later it was 930.  We are definitely doubling every 48 hours, if not more which I am so relieved about (last time, we had slow rising betas) but again, could it be twins??

so excited!
I'm not sure about the betas but just wanted to congratulate you!  I followed your story the last time around...I'm so glad to hear that you are preggers again and everything is going much better this time!  The best of luck...and from what the other lady's betas have been, it sounds like it very well could be twins!  Congrats again!
Could be twins wow your numbers are great.  When are they going to do an ultrasound to know for sure?
I had numbers similar to you but won't find out until Friday what is going on.  From my research here you really can't tell twins by the beta level.  I have seen some higher than ours with singletons and some lower than ours with twins!  The only real way to know is by u/s but doubling betas are a great sign that things are going good.  With my daughter my hcg doubled at a rate of 1.64 days and she was a singleton.  This time my hcg is doubling every 1.67 days.  One thing I have read that seems to be in the scientific journals is that female fetuses tend to run higher hcg levels but of course there are exceptions. I have also heard hcg levels that triple in 2-3 days are also a sign but I am not sure what the evidence of that is.
tripling is a sign of multiples that is...
I've done quite a bit of research on this as well, and have learned that an ultrasound is really the only way to confirm singletons, twins, or more.  As long as the numbers keep going up and up is what counts.  I'm really happy for you!
Hi! I just found your posting and was wondering if it came out to be twins? I just had my first IVF and it all seems to be workig fine. I had my first hcg at 4w3d = 610, 4w5d = 1639, 5w2d = 6381, so they are pretty similar to yours. Hope everything is going well with you! Take care!
I looked into this because my numbers were quadrupling every three days, I had my first ultrasound this morning at 5w5d and it's one baby.  I think that's the only definitive way to know.  good luck I hope it is twins :)
Thank you so much! As long as the baby is healthy, I will be very happy and eternally gratefull! Have a wonderful day!
At 4 weeks hcg was 900. Today is the start of my 5th week at the end of the week I'll go for my first US. This was a FET, the fresh didn't work. We transfer 3 in, fresh only one.
I do think the skill of the Dr with the transfer has so much to do with it. I also did this cycle natural. I hate all those meds!!
Congratulations! I got my bfp on Friday which was 14 days after hcg shot so assuming 13 days since conception. My levels were 230, does anyone know if this is good? I'm so happy but just can't stop worrying.
Well just found out there are 2 sacs!!!!! Holy crap!!! It's a good thing. Last week hcg 900. Not sure today. I go back in 8 or 9 days. I'm really tired. I don't feel the cramps at all now.
hello i had a ultrasound at 5 weeks and 2 days two sacs and one fetus. 5 days b4 that the doctor saw only one sac! I think the second sac is just a little behind ... God only knows ..... anyone else had this situtation??