Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HCG not work?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HCG not work?

Is there a chance that the HCG trigger shot could not work?  I went to the RE Wednesday morning, and I had 1 follicle ready, so he gave me the HCG trigger shot.  As of this morning, my temperature still has not gone up.  Is it possible that the shot didn't work?
The shot (trigger) will not have you ovulate until 35-37 hours after the shot was given...however, if your body has already started to ovulate, that will control when you ovulate....sooooo BD!!!!!! NOW!!!!!  Goood Luck to you!!!
It's been about 48 hours since I received the shot.  I was thinking I should have ovulated last night, so I was expecting a temp rise this morning.  We bd the last 4 nights, so we should be good, I'm just worried that I didn't ovulate since my temp didn't rise.
I took Novarel also, 10000 IU.  I also took it last month, and my temp chart looked like it should, with a clear shift after ovulation.  Although last month I took injectibles, and this month I took Clomid.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks for replying.  
That's funny you say that, when I did clomid with trigger I had no problems with my bbt, but this month is the first time I did injectables (follistim) and I have no temp rise.  Well, anyway, good luck to you!
I have some of the same concerns as you.  I had my HCG trigger on monday and an IUI on Wed. and I still have not had a noticeable increase in my bbt.  For two days before IUI my bbt was 98.2, on day of IUI 98.4, and yesterday and today 98.3- I have been using fertility friend and it still says that ovulation has not been detected.  One thing tina1111 mentioned was that maybe the trigger shot messes with the bbt.  If you don't mind my asking, what did you use to trigger, I used Noveral (sp?)- which has a pretty dose of HCG in it.  I just don't understand what the deal is either.  Well, anyway, I hope this helps a little- keep me updated and let me know how things turn out.

Jess