Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HCG shot & ovulation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HCG shot & ovulation

Does anyone know how long after the HCG shot does ovulation occur?
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
318181_tn?1336447096
From what I've heard, it usually happens about 36-40 hours after the shot...but it can vary a bit from person to person.

:-)
Blank
Hi
It's usually about 36 hours, thats why they will have you booked in for egg retrival 36 hours later (if this is what your having done),  well good luck anyways stay positive and happy!!  xxx
Blank
Thank you ladies, I felt like an idiot asking but my RE didn't say anything about doing an IUI or anything so I wasn't sure how long it would take. =)
Blank
269091_tn?1227118371
I just had a trigger shot on 9/9/08 8:00 pm and was ovulating when i woke up this morning. I know because I always have horrible pain in my side. so i would say anywhere from 24 to 36 hours.
Blank
Thank you, I'm sorry about the horrible pain but I guess it's good to know when you're ovulating. I'm hoping I will get a feeling too. lol =)
Blank
294043_tn?1354211546
Most people O about 36 hours after the trigger
Blank
Thank you, now I am for sure around 36 hours. =D
Blank
i had my trigger today at 9am.
she siad you typically o - 36 hrs later.
My RE does IUI 24 hrs after trigger to be sure the sperm are waiting on the egg (incase you o b4 36 hrs).  So i have my IUI at 10 am tomorow :)
Blank
How exciting, I'm wishing you lots of SSBD, I'm supposed to go on Monday for my HCG and after that I'm not sure what she wants to do. lol
Blank
330481_tn?1309491843
I tend to O 48-50 hours after a trigger. It has happened the last two times - might be because I am carrying a few (HA! A lot!) of extra pounds. I dunno - just my theory...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...