HCG slows and speeds up
Hello, I have a question my HCG numbers seem to be changing pace - they were doubling very well to begin with, then slowed right down (not even doubling) and are now doubling again - see below:

7dp2dt - 6.7
9dp - 48
13dp - 180
18dp - 335 (not doubling in 5 days)
19dp - 551 (Dr saw a very small sac)
21dp - 1220...

has anyone seen this before - could this still be a viable pregnancy - doesn't anyone know what this means - i am going mad - i have to wait another 3 days before going back in for a scan and seeing my doctor
I think they good. They still going up aand seems like doubling is a guild line. Keep rested and I'm sure u will be fine. :)
I was told anything under 1000 cannot be seen by a scan.
He couldn't see it very clearly - but he thought he could see something - he said he thought it was the sack but wouldn't swear on it - usually its over 1,500 - i did something really stupid last night and did a HPT, one of the clear blue that tells you how many weeks PG you are - it had previously said 2-3 but last night it said 1-2 - i am hoping this is because i had just been to the loo beforehand and then drunk half a pint of water - am too scared to do it again so am going to wait until my appt tomorrow - i am completely freaking out!
I wouldnt worry at all yet your hcg seems to be going up thats the important thing, when i was preg last year the nurse said they like to see them go up by atleast 50%-70% every 48hrs,
Also about not seeing anything while your hcg is under 1000 i have seen this go both ways when i had a scan at 5wk4d my hcg was 596 and a 5mm sac was seen then again my sis in laws hcg was 960 nothing seen until it reached over 2000 so it really just depends, They can normally tell if your going to m/c as your cervix will start to open so if ur doc isnt concerned at the min i wouldnt be ((easier said than done!!)) I would also ask for your progestorone to be tested (its on the same form so shouldnt be a prob that the tick an extra box!) It needs to be 20 or over for a viable pregnancy and if its a little low and you was going to m/c because of it they can give you suppliments to bring it back up--Just a thought!!
Fingers firmly crossed for you!!!
Hun, don't freak yourself out. I've heard soo many stories about those tests not being accurate! My best friend took one at 6 weeks, it said 1-2 then at 7 weeks it said 3+ then at 8 weeks 1-2 again! And she just had a beautiful healthy baby boy!
thank you for your comments - just had an appointment with my doctor - although i am still pg and she could see all the elements of a potential baby (sack, yolk, possible fetal pole) i am about 1.5 weeks behind what i should be - its very small - my doctor says the chance of it working is very very low - i am mortified - i have my next scan on wednesday but i am not holding out much hope! thanks for listening guys!