Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HELP! Measuring behind or U/S off?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HELP! Measuring behind or U/S off?

Where to start....This is my forth pregnancy, we have two DD and one ectopic. I lost my right tube. Due to the ectopic pregnancy I go for early testing to rule out another one...Don't want to loose that other tube! So here's our time line.

LMP ~ May 29th normal cycle in-between 29-32days
EWCM ~ June 12
Only BD twice this cycle ~ June 13 and June 15 (we are moving and these were the only two times we didn't have kids in our bed lol)
BFP home pregnancy test ~ June 28th
Beta HCG ~ June 29 ~153
Beta HCG ~ July 1st~362
Beta HCG~ July 5th~2175

Went to the OB on July 8th and they gave me a EDD of March 5th and did an ultrasound on a very crappy machine she could see a sac in the uterus Thank Goodness...not ectopic, but she said she couldn't date the sac at all because there was nothing in it at the time....would have been 5wks4days.

Well yesterday I went to the OB again and had a second U/S. We saw a baby with a heartbeat :-) She didn't tell me what it was and again it was hard to see because of the crappy machine...we she said I was only measuring 6wks6days and so she changed me due date....(I was thinking 7wks5days). Not sure if I should be worried or not....these dates don't seem right with my beta numbers.

My new EDD according to her is March 13th....that doesn't add up to 6wks6days yesterday shouldn't my new due date be March 10th when I would be 40weeks?

So with a EDD on March 10th this is how my numbers would read:

+HPT ~ 10days after conception (the test line was the SAME color as the control line)
3wks4days ~ 153 Beta HCG ~ June 29  
3wks 6days ~ 362 Beta HCG ~ July 1st
4wks3days ~ 2175 Beta HCG~ July 5th
4wks6days ~ u/s gestational sac with no baby (OB said she couldn't Date a sac)
6wks6days ~ Saw baby with a heartbeat!

My Beta's seem very high with being this early....what do you lady's think?
DO NOT WORRY MY FRIEND! Who cares what the dates are you have a healthy pregnancy with a baby that has a heart beat they will get the dates right  when the baby gets older :) HCG levels are not always accurate for the date either it can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy!
I know HCG can very...just having this high of beta so early doesn't sound right to me. I was wondering how may had a first beta of 152 at 11dpo?
It would REALLY HELP if someone on this forum could answer my post. Ladies on here have a better idea of beta numbers and pregnancy dating then those on the pregnancy forum that don't have fertility issues. It's SO HARD getting people to post on this forum when I have a question....I help when I can....can some one extend the kindness to me?

The first day of my last period was May 29th... Yet I am only measuring 7weeks 4days. That would put ovulation around the 18th of June, that means that I took a hpt at 10dpo and got a positive that was just as dark as the control line....this was a ERFR. Also I DID NOT use FMU and had gone to the bathroom about 3 hours before I took the test. I took 3 test within 4 hours ALL going to the bathroom at different times!!!! And this was supposed to be at 10dpo....that's hard to believe!  

Then if you go by what the Dr. had dated me I got a beta HCG of 153 at 11dpo.  Then a beta of 362 at 13dpo? Then 2175 at 17dpo? Those are some really high numbers for being that early!

PLUS we are moving and have not been in our home since May....we had only been able to BD twice in the month of June the 13th and the 15th. DH has a vericocele low counts we have to BD near ovulation to have a chance.

So my question is who has also had such high numbers and hpt's 10dpo with very diluted urine? Anyone? It would help to know I'm not alone.
I hope you find the answers you are looking for good luck!
I had a beta of 375 at 13 or 14 days past ovulation, so it's not unheard of...and at day 11 I got a bfn on a home pregnancy test...
As long as HB is deteted, the doctors won't reply on HCG any more.  U/S will tell you the baby growth more accurate than blood work.  My baby is measure 1 week behind when I suppose to be 7w4d but it only showed 6w5d and it's normal as he stated.  He is turn 1yo last week.  I aslo lost the left tube due to 2 ectopic pg from IVFs
Congratulations on  you pg and enjoy every movement.....don't add unnessesary stress to your pg journal.
Have you ever been told you have a retroverted uterus? it can go back to that position after the birth of a previous child. This sometimes can make the current baby measure up to a week behind (especially with a bad machine). This might be another explanation for the  high betas? Good luck with finding answers!
Just to help anyone who came across this post, I was right and my dates were off by that early ultrasound, the machine was bad. If you feel something isn't right go with your gut and keep checking.

A couple of days isn't that big of a deal but I knew with our conception dates, when I found out I was pregnant, how dark the HPT's were and how high my numbers were that I was right.