????HELP
Okay, I had IUI on Tuesday and was wondering if lets say I ovulated yesterday or today, could there still be a chance that I get pregnant. Do the ovulation kits just determine right before you will ovulate or that you are ovulating? I have heard the egg drops and lives for 8 hours and sperm can last for 3-5 days so is when the egg drops considered ovulation??? This is all confusing!
Yes, it is so confusing, lol. You are probably close with the life of the egg at 8hrs. At 32, it could still be higher, maybe 12-16? If you are going by IUI sperm only, they are injected beyond the cervix, so they have about 48 or so hrs of life. In reg bding, they can live longer in good cm. When the egg releases from the ruptured follicle, that is considered o. If fertilized, the egg will take a minimum of 5 days(most common 8)days to travel to the uterus and implant. OPKs tell you o is likely to occur 12-36hrs after a pos result.

In a nutshell, IUI from Tuesday and o yesterday-possible. IUI and o today, anything's possible, but that's asking a lot of the swimmers. Treading water for 4 days, lol. Did you bd in addition to IUI? Did you have a trigger shot? Triggers can and will turn OPKs positive.
WOW! You know a lot! No, I am not taking any drugs so I am not sure but there is no way to knwo when I actually ovulate I guess. Next month if it doesn't happen then I will start doing my temperature and all that. Thanks so much for your help!