Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HIGH POST OVULATION BBT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HIGH POST OVULATION BBT

I have been keeping track of my BBT and before ovulation my temps were around the high 96's . My temps now after Ovulation are 99.0 to 99.3.  Is that too high for POST O BBT?
Wow! That is quite a jump in temps! Normally, after ovulation, temperatures stay in the 97-99 range, so you're just a little over "normal". But what's really amazing to me is that there's such a big difference between your before and after O temps. As a comparison, my temps used to be in the 97s before ovulation and in the 98s after. Are you on any fertility meds? And do you chart online?
I do chart online but on fertility friend. I just found this site yesterday so I will be charting here from now on.  I am on CD 35 and got a neg pregnancy test again so who knows what my body is doing???? I am not on any meds I am trying to do it natural for a few months before I go that route again. I think I may have to go to my doctors office and get some hormones levels drawn and make sure that isnt why my temp is out of wack? Thank you for commenting.
Hi again! Yeah, although your chart seems to indicate a normal cycle with low temps before O and high ones after, it might be a good idea to have a couple of blood tests done. Usually they start by checking your estrogen and FSH levels on day 3 of your cycle...followed by a progesterone test about 7 days after ovulation (around cycle day 21 or so in a normal cycle). Best of luck!