Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HPT and OPT consumer report

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HPT and OPT consumer report

I just read this article and thought was worth sharing...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/27/earlyshow/health/main538075.shtml
Great article! Thanks for sharing that with us!  I have been purchasing First Response at Walmart, and the cost is only $9 for two tests.  The price is far better than the others available at Walmart.  I have probably taken 50-100 First Response tests, and have never had a false result, even when testing a few days before expected af.  This last pregnancy, showed positive 6 days before expected af, and the test was taken at bed time!  Again, Thank you!
I am glad to share it :)
Are the first responces you used the early responce? What DPO did you test positive at?
I read that article too and ran out and bought First Response (don't forget to use your $1.00 coupon inside).  But the only thing is that the article was written in 2003 and they were referring to the "old" FR tests with the rectangle window.  I looked on Peeonastick.com and they said that the old rectangular window tests were the ones that showed up at 6mliu or whatever and the oval windowed ones level was not listed.  Of course I couldn't find the old tests anywhere.  

I'm not sure what the level is of the newer oval window tests though.  I'm not saying they don't detect early but the really low level detection was for the oval window tests.  I never got a BFP on any test yet so who am I to complain :-)