Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HSG and bleeding BEFORE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HSG and bleeding BEFORE

I am going to try to make this as short as possible.

I am on my last month of BCP for weird bleeding I had 2 months ago. Doc wanted me to do 24 days on the pill and take the last 4 days off the pill to simulate a bleed. Last month I started spotting a few days before I stopped the pills and had a period once I stopped the pill (period for 4-5 days). This month (this ast sunday) I stopped the pill and nothing. I had been spotting up until then and am supposed to start my pills tomorrow for the last month. I haven't had any bleeding for the last 5-6 days. So I just figured I wouldnt have one this month - no big deal since we are on the pills anyway. Well, I just wiped and I have tinges of pink. Problem is - I am supposed to have an HSG done tomorrow (finally). Can they do it if I am bleeding? I read somewhere on the internet that spotting is fine. Anyway, I went ahead and took tonights pill even though I am not supposed to start pills until tomorrow...hoping to stop any bleeding that may come. This SUCKKKKKSSSS! Ugh!

So, has anyone been spotting or bleeding and had an HSG done? I just want to do it and get it over with!

Jen
oh, and I took a preg test yesterday (neg) just to make sure before I had this test done since I am on a low dose pill.
I'm so sorry you're going through this.  I know you've really been through so much already!  It stinks when nothing goes according to plan!

Do you have PCOS?  I think I remember that you do, but I could be completely mistaken!  (If I am wrong - ignore the majority of this post!)  It may be a good idea to have them run a quick beta beforehand just to be safe.  I guess my first concern is - don't they like to do an HSG on CD5?  That's when I've had both of mine done.  They refused to do it any later than CD 10 for me but it had to be at least CD5.  Both times with different doctors they were quite adament on the timing.  So I would definitely let them know ASAP that you did not get your period.

Not to freak you out, but if you have PCOS, I know for a fact that I O'd on the pill (I have PCOS) and when I discovered this, I posted a question on the soulcysters website and you would not BELIEVE the number of people I had respond - several said "my baby is a 'pill baby'" and several others said they definitely O on the pill.  Apparently it is not uncommon, and yet, until I posted that question - I could find NO information on it!  I thought it was a pretty big deal that women should know about!

My other concern is, I know when I had my second lap they were going to flush my tubes, but they said they couldn't because I had my period.  They said they didn't want to back any endometrial tissue up into my tubes.  I think that is one of the reasons they wait til CD5 through CD10 - to be sure you're not pregnant and to be sure you're not still bleeding. I could be wrong though, it's just a guess.  So I would REALLY let them know first thing that you did not get a full bleed - even if the pills you take tonight work and you stop bleeding.

Best of luck to you - let me know what happens!

-amy
It looks like I stopped bleeding (spotting). I will let them know I never got my period just so I am safe. :) Thanks for the info. I do have PCOS, it had quieted down some when I had brain surgery and then came back full force :) ugh!

I am so nervous about the HSG I want to puke!

Jen