Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HSG test done

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HSG test done

Hello All,

Today, I went for accupenture treatment. I am paranoid when it comes to needles, but it was okay. I cld handle them. Felt little relaxed after that. She suggested that I had some massage for relaxation like Shiastu etc. I believe this massages help in regulating your cycle. And from what I heard from this person, accupenture really helps in fertility(more so with IVF).

Anyways, I have one more session with her next week, close to my IUI time.

Today I got the HSG test done. I had taken medication given by doctor yesterday and today. I think that helped a little. I did experience cramps. But the best thing is test resulted well. Both my tubes are open and the doctor said that everything looks good.

If any one had got the HSG test done, Please share your experiences.

Thanks,
Akapoor
Avatar n tn
What is laparoscopy? Can someone please explain? Also what is selective HSG?
I had my HSG in September '05 following and ectopic pregnancy. Both tubes were clear, but a year later I still wasn't pg. So I had laparoscopy done earlier this month and the RE removed a lot of adhesions on my fallopian tubes. They may not have been there when I had the HSG, but if they were, they wouldn't have been seen anyway.

Many women have good luck getting pg following the procedure, and maybe you will be one of them.
Avatar n tn
Thanks everyone.
Avatar n tn
I go today to have an HSG and I so nervous.  I've spent the entire morning sobbing just praying that the results will be good.  What medication did you take before and after??  I'm so glad to hear that your results were good.

Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure doctors use to view a woman's reproductive organs. A laparoscope is passed through small incisions in the abdomen. This allows the doctor to look directly at the outside of the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and nearby organs.

This is how my RE was able to see the adhesions on the outside of my fallopian tubes, and he removed them during the procedure.