HSG
I have finally gone to an infertility specialist.  I have been advised to have an HSG, and after reading about the procedure, it seems this could be an awful 30 minutes!  Anyone gone thru this before?  what can I honestly expect? thanks
I've had it twice.  Some cramping when they put the dye through and a little spotting a day or two after.  Take some Tylenol before and after the procedure.   Good luck
I've had the test myself and luckily did not experience any kind of pain.  My sister also had the test done, my did have some cramping, however, she was told that it was because one of her tubes were blocked.  

I did take motrin a couple of hours before and after the test, so I'm sure that helped as well.  Good luck!
I researched the hsg like crazy before i did it. i told my doctor, look i am gonna need some valium if its anything like what i read. i read it was nothing, a little bit of cramping, or worse than child birth! needless to say i took ibuprofen the morning off and it hurt just a little when they put the catheter in, and then i cramped for the 20min drive home. by the time i actuallly got home i was fine. Good luck!
I had one and it hurt for most of the day.  I got crazy cramps from it and during it was not the best feeling either.    nothing a little advil didn't cure though.    as for the 30 mins... I think mine was only 15.  it took longer to get to the room then it did for the test to be finished.
Not to be scary, but I had one, and I was honestly not prepared for how uncomfortable it was (I'm not really good with pain anyway, though). Taking some extra strength Advil or Motrin will help some, but be potentially prepared for a shock to your system when the dye goes in and the tubes are inflated to look for blockages. That part was the worst for me, maybe because I had no idea what to expect. Afterward, I was pretty uncomfortable...I had horrible cramps for the whole drive home, but after about an hour of resting, I was totally fine. I could have gone back to work if I had wanted. Luckily, it's over pretty quickly...it's just one of those necessary evils...
the nurse in the room tried to tell me it was just like a pap test. She LIED!  
OMG the doctor told me the SAME thing!!!!!! Fortunately, right before I had to get on the table, the nurse's assistant pulled me aside and whispered, "Ummm...no it's not."  
I had my HSG a year ago and was told to take 800mg ibuprofen before the procedure and it was really uncomfortable. I had cramping for the whole day and had to lay down, however I did find out that one tube was blocked.