Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
HSG

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

HSG

I had a HSG today. Just wondering how long discomfort last and the chances of pregnancy after, since I have been told it can increase fertility.
tell me about your procedure, I'm going to have that done very soon.  
I had the HSG performed on me a couple of weeks ago I was afraid going in and it was really uncomfortable the procedure but the pain didn't last very long. I heard te procedure increases your chances but I'm not sure on that did they tell you if there was a blockage or what they will do next? Did they even find anything? I had a right block tube I go for lap surgery this Thurs. I'm very excited wish me luck!
I had an HSG on January 10th, found out I had a blocked left tube, but was also told it would slightly increase my chances for the next few months.  Something must have worked because I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant!!!!!  So I think it helps...

I had my HSG done a few weeks ago and they told me that everything looks good (no blockage). I have heard that you have a better chance of becoming pregnant after the procedure but I did not. Good luck to you.
has anyone had any blood clot things come out after their hsg. btw mine was a piece of cake too thank goodness\
I had no discomfort after the procedure although I did leak die for a few more hours.  You can take tylenol if you feel uncomfortable.  

Have you been taking antibiotics to prevent potential infection from HSG?  If not and you feel discomfort long after the procedure you should talk to your dr.

I was told that HSG increases fertility in th enext 5 cycles by the woman who did this test.