Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Hair loss after miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hair loss after miscarriage

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone enjoyed the thanksgiving holidays.
I am experiencing a massive hair loss after my miscarriage in Decembere 07. It started about 4 months after my miscarriage and I thought it was due to vitamin deficiency. However, the hair loss (and thinning) has got to apoint that i am actually in the panic mode right now. That along with my difficulty in getting pregnant after my MC has made me thinking that may be my hormones are imbalanced. My doc. says otherwise though. Any one else experienced this problem after MC or pregnancy? what did you do to make it better or reverese it?
I appreciate any advice you could give me.

Thanks,
I was actually loosing my hair while I was pregnant. I had a M/C about three weeks ago and the hair loss slowed some, but still sheds. Are you taking any vitamins or your prenatals if you are still ttc? There are some vitamins specifically for your hair and nails, check your pharmacist, he may help you ... you may also want to see a dermatologist. be well...