Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Has anyone had IUI success with TSH of 4.4?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I'm 39, so my clock is ticking.   I've had two failed IUI attempts, both with 100mg clomid on day 3-7 and a shot of ovidrel on day 10, followed by insemination on day 12.  Neither attempts showed that I ovulated before the IUI (I had an ultrasound and the number of eggs was the same).  Because I was taking progesterone suppositories the day after the IUI I had no way of knowing whether or not I ovulated.  My question is, with a TSH of 4.4, can I still ovulate or will it affect my fertility?  My RE says everything is normal and that I'm within the normal range.  But I have had conflicting information that suggests your TSH should be between 1--2.  I also show signs of Hypothyroid--hair falling out, weight gain (I've NEVER weighed more than 115 lbs and I'm now 130 lbs with the fat all in my stomach.  Any help would be appreciated.  We don't know whether to go ahead this month with another IUI.
Tags: IUI, TSH 4.4, IUI success, Weight, Fertility, clomid, Hypothyroid, TSH, Pregnancy, Weight gain, two failed IUI
as I understand it your tsh is too high, they have changed the "normal"range and have brought it down to 3 and thats for women who arnt trying to concieve (conceive), it needs to be 1-2 for concieving, I am having the same problem as you and mine is a 2.8, so within "normal"only just, my problem is I'm in australia and they are also using the old measurements as normal, I'm in the process of trying to explain this to my doctor in the hopes of being put on medication to lower it, google ask.com thyroid disease.. 5 lies about your thyroid disease your likely to hear and print it off, especially the ÿour levels are normal"part and take it to your doctor, change doctors if he still wont help!!
sorry its not ask .com its about.com
Thanks for the info.  It's pretty much what I thought, but trying to get my doctor to agree with me is another story. I'm going to go ahead with the IUI this month, since I already started the Clomid,  and I have a meeting with the doctor next week.  But if I don't get preggars again, I'll have to find a doctor who will take me seriously.  However, that may be hard since everyone seems to be looking at the old lab range.  Best of luck to you!  I hope you get it sorted so that you can continue on your baby making journey!