Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Has anyone had a IVF 3 day transfer and became pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-352 comments:
Mamom and MHV, thanks so much.  I am praying for higher numbers
:)
i am confidant that you will get them : )  Enjoy being pregnant!!  Yippeee!!
I am day 6pt, with day 3 2-8 cells embies. I am loosing my mind. Labs not drawn till 4-12-10...patience is a desirable quality I do not possess!
Congrats on your transfer!  I hope you get a BFP!!!  The 2ww is brutal! But your in the home stretch now!!!!  Any symptoms yet?  I, like you, have No patience!  But, we have No choice in this matter!  Although, You could POAS before your beta.... me on the other hand, I am to much of a chicken to look at the result on the darn thing... so, I will wait impatiently until Friday 4/9 and pray for the best new in the whole wide world! : )

Baby Dust to you!!!

Melissa
Alot of my symptoms are similar to my pms symptoms. I feel as if I'm going to get my menses any day now. Sore breasts, cramping, breaking out, moody, etc. I'm on patches and prometrium. I told my self I would to a hpt this Friday. Thing is, everyone at work knows, due to time off and family are all in the circle too...a little overwhelming. Honestly, if we are, I hope its twins! Best of luck to you on Friday and let me know it goes, either way. It would be the best news in the whole wide world, it's been almost two years, and hope is truly hanging on by a thread. Baby dust back your way!
Anyone get pregnant over 43 with ivf and own eggs?
Help
hi guys!
this is my second try on ivf !.. the first was a BFN! and im 7days in my 2ww!!

i had 3 day embryo transfer with four embryos transfered
symptoms:
day 1: very light cramps
day 2: very light cramps
day 3: very very very bad cramps that made me cry!!!
day 4: nothing.. (felt like i wass lying yesterday!!!!!!!)
day 5: very light cramps
day 6:bad back period like pain through out the night.. and lots of nightmares!
day 7:back period pain that makes me go check if i got  my period!!!..

i test on the 19th!.. cant wait..
does anyone have any similur symptoms??..
I`m 8 days post my 5-day blastocyst transfer today. I don`t feel preggo at all, so I did a HPT this morning  and it was negative :-(.
So I `m pretty sure it didn`t work. My beta isn`t until next Wednesday.
This was my second IVF, in my first cycle I had no viable embryos for transfer (both tested genetically abnormal by Gene Security Network). This time I had one genetically healthy baby girl implanted, but it looks like she did`nt stick.

I`m so bummed out, I just don`t think it`s ever going to work.I have diminished ovarian reserve, so I don`t produce many eggs to begin with, and then they are mostly genetically abnormal.
I had high hopes and even my doc said he is pretty sure I would get pregnant with this transfer, but now I`m 95 % sure I`m not.
Good luck to all of you out there trying!!!
yes...day 3 transfer...and got pregnant...
good luck!!!
I feel the same way! i did 3 day transfer as well with 3 embries.. my transfer was on april 26 blood test is may 10 so i am almost there, but it has been tough.. everyday i want to do a hpt but am too chicken to do so! i do have the same feelings as u haven't had the very very very bad cramps though just light cramps... the night of transfer i had really bad cramping almost gas like feeling didn't last long... added to all that i am very very tired by 2:30 - 3 in the afternoon! everyone says that is a good sign... no other "pregnancy symptoms" really, had a couple days of nausea... can't wait for monday so we can finally know what is happening.... i just want one healthy  & happy baby... good luck and keep positive! baby dust to all
hope you dont mind me joining in ..i had 2 donor eggs transferred on april 30th.2 days from my blood test and i am going crazy!! i took a hpt couldnt help it but it is positive.i know its a false positive but i am having so many weird symptoms..need to know if its normal..cramping w/ night sweats like before you get your period then i will have a weird twinge in my uterus,heartburn,constipation,my breasts are going to burst,stuffy nose but not a cold,gas etc..oh and add in some crazy evil woman then came out of me the other nite and went off on my dh and his friend over something so stupid! eak!! mixed feelings if i am preggers or its my period...help
Why would your test be a false positive when you are using donor eggs???  It WOULDN'T!  You are not on any meds that would give you a false positive girl!!!!  You are pregnant!!!  
Just had to join the conversation thread.  I am on day 10 of the two week period and I am feeling super anxious.  I do feel cramping like I'm going to get my period, my face is totally broken out and I feel really emotional.  I would love to buy an early pregnancy test, but don't wan't to jinx it.  I did day 3 transfer with 3 embryos.  I'm hoping for BFP, but have this knawing feeling in my heart....I wish it would go away.  This is my third time so I'm hoping this one is the one.  Get my results on Friday, the 14th and I think I'll probably burst by then!!!  Best of luck to everyone..lots of baby dust to all :)
i think ur prego as well! i would be SHOCKED if u were not! i hope u are and i wish u lots of luck! i even send ur dh lots of luck too. i hope he's prepared for any prego monster that might possess you every now and then! lol! blowing u baby dust..*****.......
YES! I have done 2  of them at 3 days and got pregnant both times.... Best of luck to you!
Hi guys i realy love ths site it keeps me going, had my ET on th 13Aug. I went forwa test today and it came out negative bt my AF has nt yet arrived, should i stil have hope?
Yes we had 3 day transfer and got a positive I am now 7 weeks and 4 days pregnant, just had first scan and can see the heart beating its amazing.
This was our 2nd attempt with IVF first failed
Good Luck to every one fingers crossed and loads of fairy dust to all xxx
Hola ladies had 2 embs trans 3rd september at day 3 should i count from the removal day? Serious bloatong am growing anxipus any more girlies out there in same boat....am real scared any signs I should watch out for or advice? : (good  luck to all u ladies at the 2ww xxxxxe
How did it go? My first time posting. Today is day 3 after 3dt.Hoping for the best..its been a crazy ride!! Good luck y'all!
Hi to everyone!
First time posting. Had 2nd IVF cycle (first was cancelled), aug.23rd retreived 3 eggs, only 1 made it. They did 3 day transfer I hade very little chance, but this is it for me, we can not afford another cycle.                                                                                                Sept 10 blodtest, but could not wait so I tried EPT on the 8th it was +
Then on the 10th they confirmed+. Now I'm happy and scared don't want to loose it. Tomorrow I'm going to 2nd test, hopfully goes well.
I'm thinking pozitiv, I wish you all good luck!
Hi Everyone!
I am 25 years old and this is my first IVF cycle.I had 7 eggs retrieved. 4 Fertilized .This past Sunday I went for my transfer ( DAY 3 ) and we transferred 2 embryos. What I've read on-line lately is that DAY 5 allows for a better chance of the embryo's attaching to the uterus. So already, I think to myself that this IVF cycle will fail. I've been using Progesterone vaginal inserts 3 times a day and have been experiencing lots of bloating and watery fluid on a daily basis. NO spotting. Which makes me think the embryo's did not implant ;(

My blood test is Sept. 23rd and until then I think I am going to go crazy. Nice to know there are so many woman out there going through the same thing! I'm trying to stay strong and have a PLAN B so I don't completely get depressed if this first cycle fails. With no insurance, I don't know how I will be able to afford another cycle. I need some encouragement and help to stay positive ;(

Good luck to everyone and god bless!
HI! Everyone, i had my transfer on sept.2 but i don't have any symptoms, had anyone got pregnant and did not had symptons. only thing i been feeling is kind of hot flashes. good luck and god bless all.
I still don't have any pregnancy symptoms. 2nd blood test came back today 1527.Very good, but I just started spotting pink and brown. I think it is too late for implantation spotting, but Dr said its OK to have spoting in first trimester. Makes me uneasy.Wednesday 3rd bloodtest, we'll see, but I want to feel pregnant already
Good luck to you and everyone!.
hello everyone,
             I wanted to join the discussion, always helps to talk to those who are in a similar situation.  I have been married for 12 years and trying to concieve (conceive) for 10.  I never have a cycle medication so I have been through just about every other fertility treatment out there.  We had our transfer on friday 9/10 and test on 9/22.  we transfered 2 8 cell embies and the doc seemed hopeful, but I sometimes wonder if they practice that.  I had 35 eggs retreived and 29 transfered, but only 4 made it to freezing.  I am going crazy sitting here waiting, its hard not to take a HPT but I just don't want a false positive, that would break my heart so I am waiting (trying anyway) until the 22 for my beta.  good luck to all
wow talk about scatter brained, ok 29 fertilized 2 transfered, and no menses without medication (ever).
Hi Ladies!  I'm new to this board!  I'm 30 years old...been at this ttc thing for about 3 years now!  We tried for a year naturally and finally saw the dr because I was having horrible stomach problems on top of not conceiving.  I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and PCOS.  Had a lap to zap the endo and then was put on the lupron to medically induce menopause for 6 months before we could try again.  Finally, we were given the go ahead and we did two IUIs that failed.  Finally they suggested we move to IVF.  We did that IVF in December....7 eggs/7 fertilized.  Did a day 5 transfer with "ok" grade eggs and had none to freeze.  I did get pregnant, but we lost at 8.5 weeks.

We just did IVF again this past week.  Retrieval was on 9/15 (3 eggs/3 fertilized), and this time we did a 3 day transfer and transferred all 3 embryos.  We had 2 8-cell "perfect" ones  with no fragmentation and 1 7-cell with slight fragmentation.  I get my pt done on 9/29!

I'm so nervous right now.  I'm scared that it won't work, or worse, that we'll get pregnant and lose again!  Sorry to ramble, but it's nice to be on here with people who actually understand!

I know it's all in God's hands, but it's still nerve-wracking!  Did anyone else just start the 2ww?
I am in the same boat as you.  I had my retrieval on 9/14 and transfer on 9/17.  Two embryos were transferred, and I am hoping for the best!  It is very difficult!  Only about 11 days to go!
The wait is so hard, isn't it??  Do you go for your bw on the 29th?  I'll be praying for you!
I am 3 dpt 3 days and i dont have any symptom i know its hard to stop think about it try to keep your self busy as much as you can
Is this your first IVF?  How many did you transfer?
Dear All,

Thank you so much for all of your supportive comments and insights. I'm 34, ttc for 4 years, we completed our retrieval on Sunday (12 eggs, 5 fertilized) and transfered 3 - 3 day (1 8-cell and 2-7cell). Blood test is October 7th. 2ww is going to be agonizing. We have tried IUI unsuccessfully 5 times and this is our first (and probably our last IVF). Still a chance they may have one embryo to freeze if it makes it to day 5. We are fortunate to have a very good public health fertility clinic here in Calgary. Costs have been in the range of $6500 for IVF plus meds which have fortunately been covered for us. I'm hoping the picture of the embryos we received today before transfer will be the first page in a baby book... Please continue to provide updates regarding symptoms and outcomes - it really does help to know that others are going through the same process and very inspiring to here the success stories.  Best wishes to you all.
aliaa82- I had a 3 day transfer with 2 8 cell embies, just found out yesterday my beta was 100 BFP I still have no symptoms. Keep your head up its still really early implantion doesnt take place till days 6-10.  I cheated and tested 2 days early with an E.P.T. and it was positive, took one the next day and it was as well.  Now I am just scared of loosing it.

stayinghopeful- My DH and I have been trying for 12 years to concieve (conceive) had several IUIs which failed and several cancelled due to hyperstimulation, I know exactly how you are feeling.  My husband is in the army and has been to iraq 3 times which makes it very difficult, as you can imagine, to concieve (conceive).  Fortunatley the army covered most of the costs of the IVF all we had to pay out of pocket was 4500.  Last year it was only 2500.  Be patient.  I am 38 years old with no menses without meds, have a rare liver disease, PCOS, and a thyroid condition.  If it can happen for me it can happen for you.  Keep your head up.  All things are possible through faith, I always said "when it works" never if.  Stay positive.  I will pray for you both.  God Bless
hello i am 31 had my 3 day transfer 9/25/10 and will have my beta on the 8th and am going crazy with worry! this is my first IVF. I have been pregnant naturally before with no problems but had a tubal and now me and my new husband wanted a child since he has none of his own. I retrieved 9 eggs and implanted 2 A+ and froze the rest with 2 surviving. I have no symptoms except sleepiness and hunger but on Monday i had very bad cramping and had to stay in bed almost all day. after that ive had no more and have been very worried even though my Dr. told me thats good.
I had a 3 embryo transfer on 09/19/2010. I go for my blood test on Friday 10/01/10 and im not sure of the result.  I'm 27 years old and 1 embryo was Grade A and the other 2 were Grade B. I did have overstilumation and had to be hosiptalized on Friday 09/24 where they saw a faint positive line but it could have been from my trigger shot, This is my 1st time doing IVF had one natural miscarriage 3 years ago, which i was only a couple of weeks. I felft cramps only the day of transfer and the next day only in the night. I have note felt anything ever since which is making me worry on top , I took a pregancy test Monday and it was negative. I really wanted this to work and my DR told me that it could be early and to wait until Friday. Good Luck to all of you...
Well I broke down and did a HPT yesterday and today - both positive!!! Taking this as a good sign. Still have some twinges but feels more like I just had a good ab work out at the gym than anything else. Have to out of town next week for work so won't be able to to the "official" test until Friday. Fingers crossed!  Both HPT's were very clear positives.

Well Monday I started spotting and have been freaking out and even broke down and bought an HPT test that came out positive. Called my nurse and they told me its still too early to tell and wait for my beta. Have to go Friday for my beta but will keep doing HPTs. Everyday till then. Wish me luck!!!
hi everyone i had 2 embryos transferred today, 3rd attempt at ivf, fingers crossed
hello Clairbare,
Congr. on ur e/t, I am in the same boat as you, my trasfer was on october 6th (3day) had three embryo transfered (8cells)
How u feel? any pain? cramps? I had no pain first day of transfer since I was busy with sleeping all day did not notice:)), a day afer had a big cramp for couple minutes, had another one on the next day since then I am getting some cramps and shooting pain on my right side. asked the nurse and was told that was normal. feel like my period is coming in any second but nothing so far.
Have they performed the icsi on u?
I did not give the consent for icsi since I had some questions, they were supposed to tell me on the day of e/r but they did not and I forgot to ask, and thought that if they need to perform icsi they would call me to get my permission, instead nurse called me next day and told me that had 13 eggs were fertilized that made me very happy. still thinking that there was no icsi, since 13 of them fertilized, my husband has no issue with sperm quality and I am fine too, our case is unexplained infertility. couple days ago I called the clinic to ask for refund on icsi ( this clinic makes u to pay for ivf,. freezing and icsi in advance, if they do not perform any of that they refund u.) but I was told that they performed the icsi, that moment I got so upset and about to lost my mind, how could they do such a thing without my concent. they were supposed to call me but they did not, my husband called again yesterday he was told somebody will call us, but nothing yet. My husband's job is compliance and he checked the regulations seems like without concent can not perform anything. But I am upset that icsi has some birth defact effect that is why I did not sign the concent.
Right now I need to be relax but unfortunatelly I am so nervous and do not know how to take this crazy situation.
Any advice?
Hi everyone. This my first time posting. Very excited to have found this site. I'm 43 and this is my first ivf cycle. Decided to do it on my own while there was still a chance. Just had 3dt on the 18th and now in 2ww. 6 eggs were retrieved/fertilized and 5 7-9 cell grade A eggs were transferred. She was very excited about the quality of my eggs considering my age. I'm not really feeling anything yet...light cramping that started today, but nothing else. I take my pregnancy test on the nov 1st and am trying to keep myself occupied so that I won't lose my mind...not working.lol. Wish me luck!!!
Hi Sarah328,
Congrats on your transfer, wow great quality eggs amazing and six eggs retrived and 6 fertilized wonderfullll...
I am 37 and this is my first ivf, and I got the blood test on Oct 18 th was positive and had the second one today and was told that it is doubling nicely.. I am very greatful with the result. Please be very positive and do not get nervous, my chinse doctor helped a lady who was 46 with only acupuncture and herbs, she got pregnant and her daughter is now 10 yrs old. And I met a lady to buy some ivf drug from and she is 39 and got pregnant right away and I belive she is giving a birth these days. I hear alot of ladies over 40 gets pregnant with ivf..
I did not have any cramps on the first couple days, on the third day I had one big cramp then stopped then next day another big cramp, afterwards, I had very mild cramping my breast got better in terms of soreness since I had so much sensitivity on my bb as soon as I started the ivf injections. No spotting, no bleeding did not feel much, lately I felt period like cramps and thouht my period was about to come any second, but did not. At the end everybody is different and try not to read ur body too much.
I have been drinking lots of water, and ate one whole pineapple with sweet potatoes and walnut for three days during the implantation. then I found out that I should have only eaten the core of the pineapple but luckly it helped. I am still eating walnut everyday. and doing relaxation meditation every day, and I believed that I was pregnant from the day one of the transfer, and told myself that " I am pregnant to my healthy, happy baby" every day so many times. Find ur way to calm u down and if you can stay away from hpts since they could give u false result.
I am wishing you good luck and hope that you will have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Hi, first post :) have been trying for 18 months & found out I have a low ovarian reserve & hubby has perfect sperm. Had iui, period 4 days late BFN! Straight to ivf, 4 eggs retrieved only 1 mature! Transfer on day 3 with 4 cells on 10/22/10 just wonderung if any one had success? Really need hope & faith but dont fancy our chances 2ww here we come
I had 3day embryos(3) transferred on oct' 2008. Got pregnant !
Hi, we only had 1 egg transfered as thats all there was so we have everything crossed but i've been reading that 4 cell 3 day transfers dont get a final result, self doubt is killing us
I had a three day transfer on my first IVF last october, 4 embies were transferred and got pregnant with twins..we now havr 2 beautiful baby girls (6 months old).
I used donor eggs. 19 year old donor produced 14 eggs. 9 fertilized. 1made it to grade a and 2 blasts. im day 3 after transfer.dr says i should see himin a week. no symptoms etc i hope this works i cannot afford another cycle. what do you think are my chances?
I was just curious who let you us a 19 yo donor?  Every clinic I have contacted says youngest age is 21.  I had an offer from a 20 year old, but my clinic wouldn't accept her.  Thanks for sharing : )
Hi all,
I am a three day transfer as well.  today is 11dpt. im simply bursting with anticipation for tomorrows beta. I have had cramps since 5dpt along with some light spotting for about an hour 6dpt only. i am more tired than i have ever been in my life. i know these are all symptoms of the meds but they are all pregnancy symptoms too, so im just gonna stay positive for now.
i have 1 failed iui and 1 failed ivf. this is my second ivf, they transfered 3 8 celled 1st grade embryos. my dh and i have been ttc for over 4 years now, so i know the frustrations that go with it.  im dying for tomorrow to ocme and be positive. i will keep posted.
Babydust to you all:)
Hi Everyone - I'm glad I found this site, its so nice to read comments from women going through the same ordeals.  Congrats to all of you for your strength through this process.

I am stressing out and trying not to. I had my transfer on Monday, Nov. 8th. I had two embryos transferred. I have been in pain and bloated ever since the retrieval last Friday.

Not only am I stressed about whether I am pregnant or not; but I am in pain and having to go to the bathroom all day and night. Does anyone have natural remedies for this bloating? Its awful. I actually ate a salad for breakfast, hoping that will help. :)
Hi - first time posting.  Have been really encouraged by everyone both BFPs and BFNs.  I am in the 2ww (I think all the codes are brilliant).  DH and I have been ttc for 6 years.  We were pregnant (naturally) last year following to failed IUI treatments but lost her at 22 weeks.  Have gone ahead with IVF and had ER on 3rd Nov (12 eggs), 9 fertilised and did two 3 day transfers at grade 1 and 2. Did hpt on day 6 and got -ive (i just couldn't wait). DH has been very supportive and told me not to lose hope and wait till day 14 when doctor said. Explained to him that its mind blowing waiting and if I know either way - i can just move forward with whatever result.  Friends and family analysing every headache, twinge, being tired, is also making me feel odd!! Normally its between two people and you then anounce that you are pregnant.  But because you need the support of your close friends and family you let them know.  Anyway - did another hpt today and got a very faint pink line in the positive box. Havent told DH yet cause don't want to get his hopes up or mine. Am I being too pessimistic.  
I'm loving this blog and everyone's stories. This is my 2nd attemt at ivf and i'm 30 yrs old. my first ivf cycle they retrived 17 eggs and only 3 fertilized.  doc put 2 eggs in 6-7cell quality. Doc seemed not so positive with cell quality and my other embyo didnt make it to day 5 for freezing Beta was a BFN.
Second attempt feeling more positive b/c doc used a new proticol.  Nov 11, 2010 22 eggs retrived and 19 fertilized, i was soooo happy and positive.  Doc called they wanted to do a day 3 transfer. i had a bad feeling from that.  nov, 14 hey put 3 embyos in, 2 at a 5 cell quality and 1 at a 4 cell quality and the doc again seemed not so positive  and told me never know you can get triplets. I need some feedback, everyone seems to have a higher cell quality.  Can anyone relate to this?? I frooze the other 16, some of them range from 4 to 1 cell.  
i am on my 9th day after transfer 3 day transfer, my eggs were grade 2 both with 4 cells. i am so so anxious. it is the hardest wait of my life. I havn't had many symptoms, just a bit tired. No bleeding or spotting. I had a bit of cramping after transfer but just put that down to the procedure. I have done a preg test and t be honest wish i hadn,t. It was negative. Maybe too early, its just very hard to stay possitive now ;-(
hi
im on day 8, waiting is very hard, i have cramp and stopping is this normal on day 8?
Hi all,
I am so thrilled for finding this site. I had my first Ivf cycle in October. I had 17 eggs 8 mature and 6 got fertilized. We did a 5 day transfer with two gorgeous blasts and I started bleeding (period) a day prior to my blood test. I was crashed when the nurse called me with the results. We just did a second cycle along with an acupuncture on Dec 03, 2010 and I had 11 eggs, 9 mature and 7 fertilized. I had a 3 day transfer with 8 cell and a 5 cell embryos. The rest was not good enough for freezing :(. I had really BAD cramps a couple days after the transfer - took Tylenol but it didn't help. I am 3 days away from my blood work and I have been horrified and very emotional. I wish everybody a ton of luck.  
Hi I am new to this site and I was just reading and trying to get answers this is my 3rd time with IVF with no positive tests.  On December 9th I had my egg retreival and they took out 37 eggs, 26 were mature, 17 fertilized, and on December 12th I had 3-3day assisted hatching embryos put in. I was on bed rest for 2 days. It is now day five and I am going nuts. On day 3 and on  I felt a lil sick, very very very tired, lots of AF cramping, peeing a lot and yesterday I freaked out so bad on my DH and i have never done that. Can anyone tell me what is going on? LOL
Hello all! This is my very first post. I've been reading a lot since I began this journey. I am 30 years old with one blocked fallopian tube. My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive for the past 4 years; no luck thus far. However, I'm sure we are going to succeed this, our very first IVF/ART cycle. Here I am three days past day three transfer (they retrieved 14, 8 matured but only 2 fertilized); but it's like my husband said, we are very fortunate to have two fertilized. Of the two, one is an 8 cell with very little fragmentation and one is a perfect 4 cell. I am anxiously optimistic and is positive both will not only stick, but result in healthy full term babies. Reading all of your stories really is comforting and helps one to have hope. I am praying all the time. By the way, I began feeling mild + cramps the night on day 2 after transfer and mild even now (d3pt). That's about the only thing I feel. I will keep you all posted on my BETA, but for now, just stay positive and trust God. He has a purpose for all of us and if we can get this far, it's a clear indicator that it's Gods will for us to carry and birth children. Otherwise, no matter what a doc does, it would happen. Good lick to you all and lots of baby dust your way.
Hi this is my first post.  I am very nervous as we just did our second transfer (using frozen embroys, 2) 4 days ago with day 6 embryos (egglets as we like to call them) need to have some humor thru all this.  My first transfer was a success and we have a perfect beautiful 2 year old son... now this time I am having so much cramping it is driving me to distraction.  I just can remember if this happened last time.  My doctor says it is a good sign.. ugh we have our test the day after christmas... I am hopeful since this is our last try but relieved at the same time.  I am so happy and thankful for our beautiful son would love to give him a sibling.  Is this much cramping normal though.  I swear I am scared every time i go to the restroom!
Hi Everyone

This is my first try at IVF and had 2 (one grade 1, one grade 2) embryos transfered on December 20 using donor eggs.  I feel stressed that I am not relaxed enough; two weeks is a long time.  Any other December 20 transfers out there?  
Hi! I had my 3dt on the 21st and my BW is scheduled for Jan. 3rd... I wonder how you're feeling and if you've tried a HPT. I know it's early but I myself couldn't resist. Lol.
Hi Jennbenn22

Great to hear from you!  I am scheduled for bloodwork on Jan 3rd too!  I haven't done a HPT - what did yours say??!!!  I am feeling headachy, nauseous and very hungry!!!!  I feel stressed about trying not to feel stressed!!!!  How about you?  How many embryos did you have transfered?
ya got a second positive today with the number at 63 need a 120+ on thursday and we will be on a row :)
The were negative but Im sure it was way too early. I had 2 fresh embies transfered and I am real tired and have a real sore chest (and eating everything in sight) but I don't know if the estrogen and progest. I'm on are giving me mock symptoms.
This is my 1st IVF so I know nothing about what is going on... I do think the nauseousness is a real good sign for you though!
Hi Jennbenn22!

I called my clinic today about the neusea and they said it is the drugs.  They told me to come in in the morning for a prescription for a pregnancy-safe anti-neuseant drug.  I've found this chart interesting to see what's happening with a 3 day transfer:

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

So looks like day 11 might give us a fairly accurate HPT.  It's my first IVF too.  I found the transfer really neat to watch on the screen!  I only had the two fresh embryos with none to freeze so I'm hoping these will pull through for me!  My chest kills too.  Do you feel stressed at all?  Yes - digits crossed for Jan 3!!!!
Thank you for the chart, that is great.  :D   I know i'm not suppose to but I have already decided to do a HPT every morning b4 my BW. I know, I know, I'm a rebel. Lmao.
I was totally into watching the transfer too, real relaxed and slept on the table for alittle over an hour afterwwards!
2 fresh embies with none to freeze... wow, we really are in the same boat. They fertilized 7 but only 2 were 8 cell and good enough.
Completed an FET on Dec. 18th, my Beta is scheduled for Dec. 30th, but I am going to do a HPT tonight, tomorrow and the morning of. What have I got to lose? This is my 5th IVF attempt! I have been prego 3 times and m/c 5, triplets at 16 weeks. I am 42 and running out of time....This time I only had one 7-cell with little fragmentation grade 2B transfered. The doctor seemed positive, so I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying. BTW cramping is normal, so are tender breast, headaches..etc all can be symptoms of pregnancy or the meds (Progesterone/Estrogen). I think the worse thing we can do is stress, it causes the release of cortisol and other unhealth physical reactions. Keep yourself relaxed and busy so you don't have time to think and worry. Early HPT test are not a very good indication of a BFP, especially for those of you who have had retrievals (fresh cycles) since the same HCG that the HPT test is trying to detetct may still be in your blood from the shots you had just before your retrieval. However if you had an FET that did not use those drugs then testing a few days before your BETA is not a bad idea, but again the only REAL indication is the Beta Blood test and subsequent betas to ensure that the number are multiplying properly.
Blessings & Prayers for all, never give up your dream of having a baby! When you give up, then there are no more chances. :)
Okay just completed the HPT and it is a BFP! Used CBE it said pregnant before the 3 minutes were up!  Now the worst kind of waiting begins...since I have had several m/c due to chromosonal abnormalities before 10 weeks, and one at 16 weeks...I am now going to relax until my beta test on the 30th.
Congratulations!!!!  That is great news!  Sending you ny positive vibes!!
Hi JennBenn22!  

Keep me updated on your HPT!  I went to my clinic today and they said it was too early for me to do a test but gave me an anti-nauseant.  They said I feel that way because of the drugs.  I took my first pill and it really helped!  It did make me extra tired though.  

Are you laying around alot? I tried to stay really low-key for the first week and am trying to be a bit more active now.  I'm not back to work until Jan 4 which is great because I'll know the results before going back!    
Well I have had absolute negatives on all HTP, but this morning I thought I saw a really faint line... (im probably starting to hallucinate from staring at sticks too long)
Glad to hear the meds they gave you are working but did they say it was too early for a blood test?
I was thinkin of cheating and going to my reg. doc. and asking for a muscle relaxer for my sciatica and then saying, "oh wait, can u do a blood test cause  I think I might be pregnant"  lol.  Did I mention I'm not patient at all?
Like you said I also took it easy for awhile but yesterday I went nuts and played 'The Michael Jackson Experience' dance game for the Wii.   :)  
got my third blood test today not the 126 i was hoping for but it was 113 nurse said it was a good number for a FET now I just get to wait until the 18th for the first ultrasound then i can be happy
Hi Jenbenn22

I just saw your comment now.  Yes, the doc said day 11 would be the first day a pregnancy test would be acurate, even by blood.  That is very exciting though - a friend of mine who did IVF said you can see a really faint line in the beginning and then it becomes more pronounced - sounds like you have that!!!

You must be feeling more energetic than me - MJ Wii!!!!!!  We have the Kinect - I want to get the MJ game :-)
That sounds like a good trick re your regular doc!!!  Very tempting!!!!  
Great news!
Just received a BFP, HCG of 80.  Still very much in shock!  Sending my positive vibes to all of you in waiting.  SG
So excited for you guys!   :D  
Excellent numbers, keep it up!!!!  
Thanks JB

I had a blood test this morning and need to get back a 160 HCG.  I didn't realize I had to go for blood tests every two days for the first while.
HCG fell from 80 to 31.  Not a good day.
stay positive it may mean nothing....  Sometimes the first number is high because more then one embryo took and then one just isn't strong enough.  This happened to a girl that was going through the same cycle as me last time.  my prayers are with you.  They stopped our blood tests after the third and now we are in a long 3 week wait to the ultrasound to see if it worked.... the wait is the worst.  and if it helps my numbers were way lower then your on the first and second tests... 29, 63 and finally a 113 but my doctor is it positive it worked... so into the wait 13 more days ugh
Thanks for your kind words, AMommy08
The clinic told me when they called with the positive pregnancy test that they were pretty sure it was a singleton because twins are much higher - around 1,000 HCG (which didn't really make sense to me, because I thought it would be about double a singleton).  Something weird happened last night.  I woke up in a cold sweat, my pajamas were soaked.  The biggest indicator is that the number went down.  Thankfully yours have been rising.  They want to see the steady rise and told me they aren't that concerned with the starting number.  I'll let you know.  Thinking of you for the ultrasound.
SG
HCG - 80 - 31 - 9.  It's over.
I am so sorry.  Hold on to your dream and my prayers are with you on your next try....
Update...my 1st Beta on 12/30/10, was 204, which was good, they like to see it over 50 at this point. I went back again for my 2nd Beta on 01/03/11, and it was 1054, again all good. Then they scheduled me for my 3rd Beta and 1st U/S on 01/06/10, my Beta was 4050 and we saw the gestational sac, however the report said there was no yolk sac, I was calculated to be about 5 wks 2d, the sac measured 6.9mm. Although, I saw a white speck in the center of the black sac, that is not a yolk sac. The report read: Cannot rule out early pregnancy or blighted ovum. My cervix was closed measuring 3.7mm.

I was really worried and when the nurse called me she said not to worry that everything was going well to continue my meds (prog.suppositories, prog.shots, & estradiol tabs) and to return for blood & U/S on Tuesday, 01/11/11. So, here I am doing extensive research online and I have found that anything is possible, I read about one lady who was told she had a blighted ovum and they told her to get a D&C because she risked infection, well at 9wks 3d her baby girl appeared heartbeat and all and she is now 6 months old! I am choosing to remain positve and optimistic, I am praying that I do see more on Tuesday.
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this thread and I must say I feel very relaxed and positive. I recently had my day 3 transfer on 1/8/11. We tranferred to perfect embies!!!! Me and my DH are very excited and already saying we're pregnant. I have an appointment on the 11th for bloodwork and the first BETA is the 19th.  Sending sticky vibes and baby dust to you all!
Hi! This is my first post! I started my first IVF cycle several weeks ago. I was supposed to have ET today (day 3) but they changed it to Thursday 1/13 (day 5) because I have 3 embryos that are going strong. Has anyone gotten pregnant from a day 5 transfer? I am so excited but I also don't want to get my hopes up and be crushed... Advice?

Good luck to all :)
yes it is very possible My first son was a 5 day embie fresh transfer and i am currently waiting on an ultrasound on the 18th to confirm our 6 day frozen transfer worked :)
Hello Everyone,

I just did a day 3 transfer with frozen embryos. Our first IVF was negative and this is our second attempt. Two where transfered. I'm on day 6 of the waiting process. I'm feeling mild cramps. Is this is a good or a bad sign?
final post here but with good news. Had our ultrasound yesterday and there is one healthy baby with a strong heartbeat ...  lol 33 weeks to go
Hello Everyone!
Yes, it's possible to do a 3 day transfer and become pregnant.  My transfer was on Jan 8th and I got my BFP on Jan 19th!!!!!  Best wishes to everyone.
1st timer here!  I finally found a forum I can relate to.  I had a fresh ET on 01/29, 2 - 8 cell Grade A's.  I do my first blood test on Sunday, 02/13.  I'm hoping and praying for the best Valentines present! This is my 1st IVF, I'm 39 years old.  Only symptoms I've had are the tender breasts and a little fatigue.  But I'm thinking it's the progesterone.  I'm also VERY emotional!  I'm totally crying reading all these posts!  Ugh! I even cry on AT&T commercials!  Geez! I want so bad to test myself as it's day 11 since transfer, but I'm going to wait out my 4 more days.  Which is torcher as you all know!  Best of luck to US ALL!  Prayers for you and me!
Hi all,
yes, it is very possible to become pregnant after a 3 day embryo transfer. I had a 5 day embryo transfer first but that one was not succsesful. I did a second ivf a month later and we are expecting. I am 13 weeks pregnant with a singleton. After my 3 day transfer I had really bad cramps and actually started to bleed a little a couple days prior to my blood test. I wasn't expecting good news as I was not feeling any different. I was shocked when the nurse called me with the results. Please remember that every body reacts differently. Don't give up hope, because that was the only thing that kept me going. I forgot to mention, I did accupuncture along with the IVF but am not sure if that helped as well...I like to believe it did :). I wish you all the best and TON, TON, TON of BABY DUST your way. Don't give up and try to be strong...even though it is pretty hard at times.
I'm pregnant my second time with a 3-day transfer.  for me, the key is acupuncture.  ;o)  I'm 2 for 2 with acupuncture.  My first IVF, I didn't do it and I was a wreck... tons of symptoms...and BFN.  Then I got angry and researched.  I also am older so I take DHEA vitamins.  there are articles about these that would be good to google.
Yes I had embryo tranfer 14 Feb,My first 3 days im having stomach pain feel like getting my period.4th day feel normal.I'm excited because i've done IVF i would like to hear the result and scary part if i dont get pregnant.But think positive atleast we try and  we done our best whether good or bad the result.
Yes, I have 2 day3 embryo transferred on Feb 9 this is my 1st  IVF, I had two HPT yesterday and this morning, both came out BFP. I'm extremely happy. I exercised regularly for years, eat a very healthy diet before and during the cycle.
I'm a housewife so was not very motive since the transfer. Good luck to you all. Prayer for us.
You all are very inspiring!!  I wish lots and lots of baby dust to everyone here!
I'm on my 2nd IVF attempt and 3 dpt.  My first attempt was Dec 2010 and I did the long protocol and had 8 eggs/ 4 mature and only 1 fertilized.  This time I did the short protocol and had 2 to transfer on day 3. One was 6 cells w/5% frag and the other was 8 cells with 10% frag.  I know it's still early but the 2ww is worse this time I think!  I'm SO impatient!!  LOL
Anyway, I wanted to see if anyone had a remedy for constipation.  I think the projesterone is causing this.  In the past 2 days I've eaten 3 apples and had 4 fiber bars and nada!!  Sorry if this is gross but I need some advice!  :-)

Thanks for all replies!
Hi There,

I have been fortunate enough to have the ability to fall pregnant naturally with my first marriage. Since then I have remarried and my husband has difficulties carrying the CF gene.  So we are now in the IVF world.. We did one round of IVF in 2009 I produced 1 viable egg, they transfered this at Day 2 and we had a successful pregnancy!
We are now back for our second bout of IVF and I produced 10 eggs, 6 fertilised  - 5 to 7-8 cell and then stopped growing after Day 4.  The slowest growing emb has been implanted.  I am so nervous this time and feel soooo anxious!  I have my blood test on 25 March, ohhh I do hope it works.
just one more quick question - if the transfer does not work.... do you get your periods or what are the side effects
Hi there,

Here's hoping it does work, but if it doesn't, you should get your period by about day 14 - 15 dpt or at at least 2-3 days after meds are finished. It could last for 2-5 days.

regards
Today I have my ET and I am soo nervous. This is my 2nd fresh cycle, last time was in Dec 2010 with 3 embies with fragmentation with BFN. I have a hx of fibriods and told that is the cause of embies not implanting. Althought I stimulate well and have a good lining. Today I'm told I will have 4 embies  to transfer  . Not sure of grade yet but hoping at least 7cell. I'm 34 and this is my last try. Pray for me please.
Had a tranfer on the 3/9/11 and i dont  feel nothing since 4days now and dr appt for beta is 3/25/11 unrine test is nagtive ....i dont know what to feel,does anyone feel same way ...am so worried..
hi there i was wondering how mush does an i v f cost i cant get pregnant i need to get one done but i cant afford it please people help
I am new here: first IVF - 3dt on 04/03 with only one embryo.
I've read some recent posts and was wondering how did it go for you?
I know I shouldn't have high expectations especially because I'm almost 39 with high FSH
and diminished ovarian reserve, but....I'm hopeful..
Waiting is horrible + all the symptoms that make me crazy - did you have any cramping after the transfer? For me it comes and goes, but last night was strong enough to wake me up.

jene356: The cost is pretty high, but some clinics offer special payment options plus guarantee of 90-100% refund if you won't take baby home.

Good luck to all of you!
I am 34 years old and have been married for nearly three years. I am on my first ivf cycle and am day 7 after a blastocyst transfer. I'm due to test next Thursday. However, I am extremely emotional and have convinced myself I am about to get my period as I have had period cramping etc. I lost my dad 5 weeks ago and I am feeling very low. If anyone also felt convinced they were getting their period but were in fact pregnant I would love to hear from you.  
My wife and I were crushed when we were told that we would have to do a day 3 transfer rather than a 5 day.  In our case, we didn't have enough "excellent" embryos for us to qualify for day 5 transfer.  Feeling defeated before we had even started, we went to the hospital to try to convince the doctors to wait the next 2 days (even if we ended up w/nothing).  All our arguments were in vain.  Finally, the doctor looked at me, said "you have two beautiful embryos," and that we were doing the transfer; "let's get you pregnant."

We are now in our second trimester expecting twin girls :-)

I know that allowing the embryo to go to blast allows the doctors to make a more informed choice, but just because you can't go to day 5 doesn't mean you can't conceive.

Thank you for that story.
I had two perfect embryos transferred a few weeks ago, but it did not result in pregnancy for me..So many ladies I am hearing about getting BFPs with day5 transfers.....
Well, I am over 40, so doctors will do automatic day3 transfer at my RE office unless you don't want it or unless you have lots of good quality embies, which some women my age, just don't have, so pretty much I was starting to get depressed that if I try again, I will never get success if my embies can't get to day 5, but your story still gives me hope, so I am going to keep positive!
Congrats on the twins!
Thank you for telling us your great story, makes me feel a whole heap better.  I did my first FET yesterday, two 8-cell 3dt. I am so nervous as my first IVF cycle with 2 high grade fresh embryos was not successful.
Twin girls, wow! That's fantastic!
Hi mblg, sorry my post was meant for you...
Hi there,
I had a day 3 ET ( 8 cell) 2 embryos and got a call yesterday that I'm pregnant.It works, They wouldn't do it if it doesn't. I have another blood work in a week , hoping it will increase. Not sure if both embryos took, but my HCG level was 512. Good luck
hi guys got my Et on 6/22 and 5 days after got back pain just like had my period..and right after my work on monday saw  blood ,i mean so light then the following day its the same..feels like its the last day of period..then my doctor said its normal after the transfer and he told me everything is ok inside after the ultra sound...but then im still so much worried because yesterday afternoon my blood is heavy and i feel like i will lost this round..thhis is my first IVF...and on monday is my BT...i already told my hubby that maybe im not pregnat at all.my breast is normal :(   has anyone here got the same ?
I did a 5dt with two beautiful embys through IVF and I am 30 with no coplication but I do have PCOS other that that I am perfectly healty my DH as well however we did not get pregnant on with this try. We froze three of our blastocys and now we are on our second try, I am suppose to be in the 60% success rate however that 40% gap is real and I dont have much hope any more I am just playing it by ear. I do have faith that GOD will grant us our heart desire. Good luck to all of you.
i did my they 3 transfer on july 14  my test is the 29 of july  i have a little bit of spading today july 25 i call the nurse they said is ok  as long as is no lot  like a period  ,they told me the still go and get the test so   i hope am pregnated
Although this is a year after your post, Im just curious on the outcome of your cycle. We somehow have the same scenario, 3 embryo 3dt 3rd IVF cycle. Had my ET Oct 23, so I am waiting also for that dreaded 2 weeks. I am on bedrest by choice. Just keeping my day reading forum after forum.
hi i had day3 ET on 3rd dec.today on 10dec i hc done hpt.is negative....so upset.had 12 eggs nd 8 emb.none of them were devloped.only  one ws good.i m blood test on 15th.feeling so negative
I am right on track with you. I had a day 3 ET on the 2nd of December. I also have been taking HPT's and they have all been negative. I have lost hope. I go in tomorrow for my first blood test. My doctor said we only had to wait for day 9 and day 11 to test. So I guess I am lucky that it is coming so soon. I would have been ablt to test today but it is Sunday so I have to wait until tomorrow. I have had really bad cramps and so I feel it did not work. We have been TTC for 8 years now and this is our one and only attempt at IVF. I can not afford it. It cost me 9,950 for one cycle and all meds were paid by my insurance. I am so lucky since my body did not respond well to the meds and they had to keep increasing them. I am so nervous and have been crying about it. My only thing keeping me going is we were blessed with a baby boy in foster care when he was 12 days on August 12th. So I have a 4 month old baby boy that is keeping em strong. I still want so bad to have a positive. I am so sad and scared. I do not know how to handle the next 24-72 hours of waiting to find out. We have 4 embryos transferred since only one was good and the others were fair. I am so nervous I just want to know! Good luck to you keep me posted!!
I just went into get my blood work the waiting for them to call is killing me! I feel so many cramps....which makes me believe it did not happen but it has to it just has to! I wish the phone would ring so I had my answers!
Well it was a negative. I guess my dream of having a biological child is over :-( I can not afford to do it again. I really wish insurance companies would understand that this is a medical problem and would help cover it. :-( Good luck to everyone else...I hope your dreams come true.
This is my first and hopefully only IVF with ISCI cycle. I am having a day 3 transfer tomorrow morning and have already started the progesterone injections and supositories to begin tomorrow. The ovidrel on my trigger day is causing pregnancy symptoms that are driving me crazy lol.  I am so excited. It has been a crazy ride. Two days before pre-op they almost cancelled our cycle because I had only 2 follicles. 2 days later I had 6 but only 3 large ones. On Wednesday we did retrieval and they got 9 eggs ... 7 mature enough ... 4 successful. The 4 are still doing great and are ready for day 3 transfer. We will have 2 transferred ... hoping for a positive test December 29th!
I too am under 30 and on my first round of ivf. I have been TTC for 6 years. I have moderate endometriosis and polysistic ovaries. I had 2 eggys put back on day 3 transfer on 12/01/12. When i had my egg collection they retrieved 21 eggs on the monday 12 of which fertilised on tuesday and by thursday morning i had 6 so had 2 transferred that day. Unfortunately none made it to the freezing stage and perished by saturday. Im now on day5 post transfer. Have felt pretty rough but due to the egg collection i think not the transfer, my stomach felt so sore and strained i just lay in bed for 3 days. Then yesterday i started to feel better until now today i am feeling a sharp pain consistently hurting a bit like a stitch in my lower right side and a heavy dull achy lower back. Anyone experience this or know what it is?
I probably could find someone who had the same but would have to read through a million threads lol! Trying to keep up the positive happy vibes but feeling very pessimistic as all those others perished and now relying on these 2 inside! Has anyone had a BFP when had no quality eggs that made it to the frozen stage?
Would love to hear from others in similar situation! :)
What is d signs of facial reaction rasper fairer spots after 13days of Icsi
hi tiff i m in the same boat with u darling,i did a 3 day transfer on the 22 of December 2011 and i keep testing from day 9 till today and all came out negative.today is my two weeks and did it again this morning and it came out negative again.i cry and cry my heart out this morning since i have spend lots of money on the process and i had full hopes that things could have work out for me .its very sad .god is in charged i guess.mine cost lots more than yours.but don't give up  keep trying.wish all good luck.
hi this is my first post on the site, i had my ET on the 10th of feb and ever since have been gettin the same sharp stabbing pain in my lower right side and back ache like im about to start my period,i asked the nurse about it and she said its due to all the meds and the egg collection and transfer and sometimes the pesseries can cause these pains to. hope this helps you with your question. i have mt blood test on the 21st and im so nurvous that it hasnt worked i had 2 very good quality fresh embryos transfered and had 14 left to freeze i dnt feel pregnant at all cos my breasts have been sore through all the treatment and ive had other pregnancy symptoms through treatment also, i really want this to work sending loads of luck to all you ladies
Hmm... I just had a BFN using donor eggs and 4 ET. No bleeding,just cramps. Right now not feeling anything.
I am a 3dp3dt I have been HOT testing since ET all BFN cramps have started to subside and even bb are not as sore as they have been the last 2 weeks. I hope this works
hi there i have had the same symptoms i had my embryo transfer on the 29th feb it was a day 2 embryo with 4 cells...i am on day 5 n i have been having cramping pains like i am getting my periods.but i am not due for another week..i have no other pregnancy symptoms.My transfer was a natural cycle i am on no medication..I am so scared that it hasn't.Can anyone else tell me if they have had the same...the pains have gotten lighter today  
My 1st IVF 3dt worked and resulted in a BFP with a first Beta at 14dp3dt of 1524 and today we are going in for the 2nd beta and us/ so for all in 2ww or 1st times and or thinking of trying ivf 3dt work 5 dt work they all work and results are really subjective to the individual. we all are here because we have an issue but they for the most part are all different and will all have different results , Best of luck to all- myself included and tons of baby dust
I had IVF treatment, only one egg retrieved, and this one egg fertilised and the doctors advised that I have a day one transfer (the day after the egg was retrieved). And two weeks later I was pregnant!! I now have a 4 month old healthy, wonderful daughter.

I was 37, and was told by the doctors not to get my hopes up, and that I had max 5% chance of it working!

I really want to say that no matter what the doctors say to you, you must always be positive, and hope and imagine every day that that little one is growing healthy inside. I also made sure that I was the healthiest I had ever been in my whole life. Thats what I did and it worked.

I wish you all the best, and remember always be positive. x
Hello I had my transfer the same day I'm having mild cramps,tender. Boobs but progesterone also cause this!!!
I am on 4dt3et and have no bleeding, kinda concern... I am still swollen after ER (19of them)and I am guessing I could have have cramps and boobies from progesterone. I am trying to stay positive cause I have to wait another 6 days for PT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no bleeding either it's too early for us but we should see something by 8dpt
I actually, felt more pregnant 2dpt and 3dpt then now (5dpt), I feel FINE :-( No cramps, no nausea, nothing!!! If i wouldn't go for IVF i would be just a " happy camper"... i am trying to stay positive, even in my mind don't let myself doubt but It is NO EASY!!!
See the meds bring all them side effect Ifeel better also 8dpt
I feel soo relieved that someone is not having any symptoms at 8dpt. I have been freaking out as up until day 6dpt i have had tender brests, cramps, back ache but now nothing. keeping everything crossed that it has worked but so afriad that it hasn't, this is our 3rd attempt and I don't know if I can go through it again. I am an emotional wreck!
Took Hpt test got faint BFP :)
Till now I've no any cramping or painful after ET on 5th..  I afraid it wouldn't get implantation.
WOW!!! Congrats!!!! Soo happy for you !!!
I just had my blood test today - BFN... i promised myself no to get very upset but it seems like it hit me harder then i thought!! I am very happy for you, Have a safe pregnancy :-)
Hi everyone. I am new here and read all the stories. It helps very much knowing how many of us are going through the same process and I wanted to share my experience with you. Back to 2007 I had my 1st IVF cycle. All went well and I had 2 embryos (day 3) transferred. We were able to freeze 5 more embryos, all day 3. I ended pregnant and now I have a beautiful 4 years old daughter. Last August we tried for a frozen cycle (we had to use 3 embryos as one did not survive at all) and 2 good quality 3 days embryos were transferred. Unfortunately it did not work and we were quite disappointed. We decide to use the last 2 frozen embryos and I had a transfer on the 6th March (10 days ago). Today I used and old pregnancy test I had at home (since I was pregnant) I have to say that it expired end 2007 but I was so anxious that I decided to use it anyway. It came out negative. Made me feel sad even I know it could be too early (today is my 10d after ET) and also the test could not be in the best condition since it was a very old one. My Clinic told me not to do any test before the 19th March, but I am dying to know. If it does not work we do not have more frozen embryos and I am 43 so the chances of conceiving again with my own eggs are low. I have no symptoms at all, no bleeding, no sore breasts... Some period like cramps but very mild. I would even say I have lost some weight :( Anyone experiencing something similar? Please let me know your thoughts! Congratulations to  the ones already expecting and the best of luck for the ones still triyng :)
I will.but realize we all have our time I been on  this forum since 2009 so imagine how many people got there bfp and I didn't I just decided not to give up of I didn't have to I even left my clinic but I realize that wasn't the right thing to do so I went back and look. They took the time out to see my issue individually not a group!!!!!!
Hi i had my ET on 16th March with 5 donor embroys tranferred...But I m not feeling anything no cramping no back pain nothing, this is my 2nd IVF first failed...Its my 6thday after ET m very worried, i cant afford the anymore ivf..can anyone please let me know if this is normal signs in pregnancy....
yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! me 2 I had it on day 3 , 2 Embies in! and Iam on my 2WW time..............itssss soooooooooooo difficult this waiting timeeeeee......just pray for it to work and hopefully Im pregnant !!!that will be the most wonderful gift that life give me......and if its twins even better!!!!!!!! All the best on your pregnancy!!!!! Iam on my 6th day from the day of the Transfer and all I felt is moody and some cramping 2 days ago I felt a strong cramp and almost fainted from the pain but it was 5 seconds and went away.....did you feel anything on this days???????? Please help me
Thank you
CBC
I understand what your going trought as Im not working Either and I just had my transfer 6 days ago, on day 3 , 2 embies in! just on my 2 week waiting time now.......it looks like this 2 weeks are never gonna pass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!anyway be strong and wish you all the best and I hope you get positive result!!! I havent had many symptoms either just some cramping and hunger and bit moody more like period symptoms.....really hope its not the period and Iam pregnant but Iam very nerves and worry!!!!

All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets be Positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-))
Hey Karb..... I was reading you posting and its the same as ME!!!! I had my transfer on day 3 with 2 great Embies... this was 6 days ago and all I had so far is a bit of cramping and hunger some mood changes and today a bit of back pain.......just praying everyday to be pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I been tryng for 7 years of marriege and we both had some problems but we really cant afford to do this asgain us really expensive and we cant afford it..................thsi 2 weeks waiting time is really not good IM going to go crazy.....just pray for it to pass fast.....anyway I wish u all the best and please keep me posted as I will too.

wish you all the good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CBB
I just had a 3 day transfer 5 days ago. Have been feeling so anxious after reading that 5 day transfers are better. I was never given the option though :( I am having no cramping and no bleeding. Did you have the ideal 8 cell embryos transfered yourself?
hi i just had my 3 day transfer 5 days ago also. ive had light ramping here n there but nothing else really. stll feel bloated but i think its from all the meds. this is my first IVF
when its the soonest i can test?, im very anxious!
I am new here but have read most of the posts on here going back to 2009.
A little about me I am 45 had 3 embryos transferred on 9/15/2012 and I am now 5dpt they were transferred on day 3. I am scared, hopeful, anxious and every other adjective you can think of, I had cramping a couple of days after the transfer and swollen boobs.. But today not so much cramping. I guess I'm looking to talk so that I don't go completely crazy. Thanks for listening.
hi,, today im 8 dpt n i hav no systems no cramping n my stomachis not bloated anymore, my beta is on tues.
I'm 44 and so thrilled to be in the 2 wk wait. My own eggs with hubby's sp icsi 5 eggs resulted in 2 embies (one a surprise late bloomer) transferred on day 3 . I'm now 6dpt, last night period crampy feeling but no AF yet. I thought it was all over till I read everyone's posts. I'm VERY healthy, never drank, smoked, never done any drugs, not even coffee my whole life, doc said it doesn't make a difference, can't wait to do a victory dance in his office! 2 boys conceived naturally aged 9 and 13 always wanted one more. Hoping for a BFP, my blood test is not for not for another 12 days... think I'll try a HPT in 5 days (that would make it 11 days from transfer) Excited with nothing to lose!!
How all is well with you - We have a son in the army and my daughter-in-law is also going through IVF trying to get pregnant. How did you get the army to help fund the process?
I had a Day 3 transfer with (2) 10 cell embryos, graded 2 1/2 and 3.  This is my first IVF procedure and I am 42, will be 43 in April...it worked!  I found out on Thursday I am pregnant:)  Quite shocked, as my AMH was .3!!!  Practically nonexistent ovarian reserve!  So I am 4 weeks and 2 days pregnant, according to my doctor.  I had been on Lupron, Menopure, Gonal-F, dexamethasone, DHEA, CoQ10 and folic acid along the way. Crinone, Estradiol and folic acid after the pregnancy news...I do another blood test this Monday to make sure my hormones are doubling, and am resting a LOT.  Crossing our fingers, and nervous for our doctor's appointment on November 7!  Praying I can carry this baby safely!  Symptoms along the way included an 8 lb weight gain(mostly water), a couple of headaches, bloating/gas, constipation, light cramping EXCEPT 'take my breath away cramping' on Day 8...I thought for sure my little embryo or embryos were dying:(  I guess it was the implantation that was so painful, maybe because I am older.  Anyway, God has a plan, and I just have to trust in him...thinking of all of you struggling through this process...prayers for everyone, xoxo, Sabatinimommy
had a day 3 transfer with 1quality embryo it's day 6 and no sign has anyone experienced this and do I have any Chances of bfp am worried sick
You posted your question on an old thread, you might want to start a new thread to get more responses.  It is quite normal not to have any symptoms, or to have a ton of symptoms.  This whole process is unpredictable, and no two cycles are the same.  I had 0 symptoms during my 2ww, and I got a positive, so hang in there :) nwhen is your blood test??
Here is a timeline to let you know what is going on :). Hope it helps!!

Days Past Transfer (DPT)
*One - The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula
*Two - The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst
*Three - The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell
*Four - The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus
*Five- The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation
*Six Implantation continues
*Seven- Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop*
*Eight - Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream
*Nine - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
*Ten - Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
*Eleven - Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy

Viewing 201-352 comments: