Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Has anyone w/ PCOS used the OV watch?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Has anyone w/ PCOS used the OV watch?

I have PCOS and thyroid and it has been really hard for me to see when i m ovulating. Have spend lots of money on OPK, fertile-focus and now got the OV watch. Everyone gave it thumbs up, but after purchasing it and reading the whole pamphlet it says that your periods have to be regulated for at least 3 months. I called the company and pharmacies that sell them told them i have pcos and taking clomid and provera to get periods they said it works, but after reading the pamphlet i called the company again and was told no it doesn't unless you have your periods for 3 months ahhhh. Was also told that some who deals with pcos and took clomid would email me let me know what the correct ans would be. So in the mean i just wanted to know has any one in my condition tried it and gotten results.
Tags: ov-watch, PCOS
I just started using the OV watch im on pre-natal metformin & progesterone.  I had my period for 3 months now and started the OV watch im on 12 days of my cycle and its says its my first day of ovulating I heard good things so I am hoping this works.
yeah you have to have regular periods to use any type of OPK or the such. If you ar not haveing periods then you really need to be put on metformin. My best friend gets loads of + with the OPKS and she was not ovulating at all! My sister was getting regular periods and was not ovulating and got several +'s. So temping is best way to know for sure and chart your cycles. Go to fertility frined .com and it will give you a course on how to chart, it is free even after the trial, you can search other charts with like 5 different things to look for like PCOS. It is beter then anything! You can also print them out and show you RE so he knows what is going on.
Hi saw your post, did the OVWatch worked for you?  I'm thinking of purchasing it as I too have PCOS, over 40 and want to get pregnant.  I'm willing to do a combo of metformin, clomid, progesterone, OVWatch with acupuncture...