Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Hcg level went down

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hcg level went down

I am sad about the recent result of hcg.

On 12 dec 2012, there 3 embryos that were implanted. After thirteen days the hcg was tested and the result was 68. On28 dec the hcg test was done and the result was 32.

Will there be a chance to have a normal pregnancy for my wife. Is it treatable to normalize the development of the hcg?
Avatar dr f tn
HI,
Normally for a normal pregnancy, the titres of HCG should show a serial rise. The HCG depends on the growth of the embryo and this cannot be manipulated. However it is still early. Hence repeat HCG after 48 hours and combining this with an ultrasound scan will help make the diagnosis.
Hope this helps.