Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Help !

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Help !

Is there anything you can do about Low Sperm Count ? If so, what and how do we get Pregnant !!?
Tags: GET PREGNANT
If you go the ivf  route they can do icsi--where they inject one sperm into each egg. You don't need many sperm for that!
How low is low?  If you know this is a problem, have you or your husband discussed this with the doctor?  Low sperm count can only be diagnosed by medical tests, how would you have gotten that far and not gotten some advice from a doctor?  There are things that can be tried, but it's hard to advise without knowing what you have tried.
There are also things you can do, like he should avoid them getting hot (particularly things like putting a laptop on his lap), eating foods rich in antioxidants, improving his overall health.

If low, but not too low, IUI may also be an option.
My DH also has a low sperm count. You can try IUIs, IVF w/ ICSI. Natural things you can try are FertilAId for men ( I have 2 friends who conceived w/ these vitamins and TTC naturally) and Instead Cups (can buy at walgreens). Do you know if your DH has a varicocele? If so some men have a dramatic improvement w/ the surgery for that. Good LUCK to you : )