Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Help please?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Help please?

I have done semen analysis leukocytes in range of 6-8/hpf is that normal(all others parameters are fine in range) and which doctor do I need to see also I and my wife trying for baby since 1one year please suggest us something?also on her pelvic ultrasound on which is normal so what will be next step..
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The presence of 6-8 leucocytes may indicate presence of infection. Leukocytospermia is usually the result of a genital tract infection. STDs, particularly chlamydia and gonorrhea and other genital tract infections may cause an increase in white blood cells .These white blood cells can cause the oxidation of cells damaging their ability to fertilize an egg.See a doctor and get treated for this condition. Other causes of infertility could be blocked fallopian tubes, ovulation disorders in a female. Consult an infertility expert for detailed work up. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and luck!
Hi doc,
My wife doctor has advised me taking microdox-lbx 100mg twice a day for 10 days is it fine and she also said my looking at semen analysis 6-8 leucocytes is within range,and not to worry about but I insisted on medication then only she have given me that medicine is it fine or do I need to see another physician.thanks in advance you are immensely helpful.
Regards