Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Help.....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Help.....

Hi, I had an ectopic in my right tube 2 yrs ago managed expectantly with no problems then another ectopic just 5 weeks ago resulting in me loosing my left tube :( my AF has just arrived with a vengeance and is mostly painful on the left side.....is this normal?? Also I'm wondering what the chances are of falling pregnant and being ectopic again as I already had the ep on right side before, is their likely to be damage in my right tube from expectant management? So confused and unsure about the future now just looking for some sort of answers :(
Avatar_dr_f_tn
After an ectopic pregnancy the chances of having another ectopic are highly increased. If you had untreated infections or other risk factors which might have played a role in your ectopic pregnancy, addressing those risk factors might reduce your risk of a repeat ectopic pregnancy. You need to take extra precautions when you get pregnant again .The chances of having a successful pregnancy after an ectopic pregnancy depends on several factors like why you had a previous ectopic and your medical history. If your fallopian tubes have been intact, you have a good chance of having a successful pregnancy in the future. If you miss a period and think that you are pregnant, see your doctor ASAP.
Take care and regards!