Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
High FSH, low antral follicles, age 38 is there hope
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High FSH, low antral follicles, age 38 is there hope

HI, i been told my by dr that i only have 2 antral follicles on each side, and a high fsh level 11.9; two months ago, i had 7 follicles and fsh was 12.6. i am 38 yrs old. i was told we have to move fast bec of my age and depleting ovarioan reserve. at first it was suggested to do a laproscopy and iui's for a few months...but now he is suggesting we head right to IVF..he said the iui's only have 10% chance and the ivf have 20% (alghough the ivf are crazy expensive compared to the iui's). just want to know if there are any success stories out there with any similarities as mine. any feedback is appreciated. thank you Melissa