High FSH levels
i recently went to the Dr. for what i now know as HOT Flashes. i work out and run regularly, so i had thought what i was experiencing was a change in my metabolism, but i was wrong. I am 39 yrs old, and apparently my ob/gyn told me that i am in pre-menopausal state and my fsh level is a 77, and i basically don't have a chance of having a child. I am getting married in 3 1/2 weeks and this was a total blow to me and my fiance. We wanted terribly to have kids and were planning on getting started during the honeymoon. Now with this news we are very upset. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for us? I am going to see a specialist in a couple of weeks to see what they say, but does anybody know of anything i can do in the meantime or can anyone give me any hope? The Nurse Practitioner i saw basically gave me no hope, but using a surrogate.
mhv
Whao!  What?  Why only pregnant with a surrogate??   I am confused?!?!?  Did she mean maybe only being able to get pregnant using with donor eggs?  Your FSH has nothing to do with carrying a baby.  A surrogant is only needed when a uterus isn't able to carry a pregnancy.  
There are ladies on here who can help you get your FSH down, hopefully they will chime in, but do not give up on having a child yet!!!  I am just not so sure about the Nurse Practitioner.....
God is able!!!! There is nothing impossible for him!!! Trust him!!! I heard that dhea can help lower your fsh and wheat grass, also metformin is a good one for better egg quality!!! God bless you!! I beleive you will have a baby!!! Just hold on!!!! Don't give up Hun!!!!
Dear JMOSQUA

we should not give up until we fight for the last chance. i too have got a high FSH today; well; i have been googling and found stuff like accupunture helps and chinese herbs might also help to reduce FSH; got to cut down coffee; and as you anyway exercise that should be good; i read like organic food is also good for lowering FSH levels; so we can try all possible methods; good luck. do drink lots of water.

take care dear
babyhope.
Thank you guys so much for the support! I AM  NOT feeling good about this at all.
mhv
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this right before your wedding.  This is suppose to be the happiest time of your life, and then to have this dropped on you.  
I know ALOT of ladies on here have successfully lowered the FSH through different herbs, acupunture an other things.  You could Drop  Sherri90049 a quick note... she is very knowledgable about lowering your FSH, and I'm sure she could give you a few pointers!

I still do not understand why they are telling you that you need a surrogant.  Your FSH may be high, but worse case senario is you could use Donor eggs.  Your FSH has nothing to do with your ability to carry a child!!   Please, don't give up!!!
HI, I am a 32 yr old. Just wondering if you can give me some suggestion in lowering the FSH level. I had my 1st fsh done in July 2010, it was 13.4 IU/L. Then had the 2nd FSH test done in May 2011 and it jumped to 97.8 IU/L.  It is really shocking. My last period was in January 2011, no period since then.. I am trying to have a baby since December 2009. I have just ordered DHEA; any recomendation for a good accupuncture clinic that you know? i live in Cambridge.  Any suggestion to lower the FSH level and improve chance o get pregnant will be great appreaciate!!

Nina