Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
High FSH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

High FSH

I just got the results from my FSH &E2 tests which were done on CD 3. My FSH is 17.5 and my E2 is 25. I know this FSH is kind of high and not a good sign as far as fertility goes. Has anyone had levels like this and still had a successful pregnancy? If so, how? I am 43 so I know my time is limited!
Thanks so much for any input!
Avatar n tn
Is E2 your estradiol?  If so, below 30 indicates that you are in a menopausal state.  Do you still get your AF regularly?  Have you talked to your dr about your results yet?  I wish you the best of luck, and I'm sure you can still be pg if you use donor eggs, but I have no idea about your own.  If you are still getting AF, then I would say sure.  And, you never know, God can do anything:)
Avatar n tn
YEs...I'm very regular. E2 is estradiol...estrogen. I'm not sure if that # is as unnerving as the high FSH #. Yes...ED is an option I might explore. I have talked to my Dr...he's not that concerned as I did get preg in July, but it ended in a d&c. So if my egg quality is lousy, I don't want to keep losing babies! He is referring me to an RE...hopefully soon!
I posted this link on the womens forum, but thought it might help you out as well:

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html
Avatar n tn
Thanks so much..that's a great site!!!
I love that site! I keep it bookmarked...lots of good info.
Avatar n tn
Try visiting this site. It's very informative

www.highfshinfo.com
Hi there. How long have u been ttc? Great you're seeing a RE soon, go with his/her advice, but I think you should urge on the aggressive side as time isn't on your side. You are still having regular cycles which is a good sign, and the FSH isn't astronimical...You may have a chance with your own eggs, atleast worth a shot.
My FSH lvel was 11 in Feb and I ended up conceiving in August on 25 mg of Clomid. I had tried for months natuarlly and wasn't ovualting and conceived only after a lap with 7 mths Clomid. I was booked into see the IVF Unit in September and have been told we were lucky to concive. But we did at it has been successful so far ( 18 wks ).
Good luck and stay positive!..
Just got my FSH and E2 blood work also.  cd 3 FSH = 16  E2 = 60.   My FSH was just 3 in March of this year.  I'm told to wait until cd 10 and do the tests again.  Then compare the results to see if the Clomid is working.    

I know 17 seems high for your FSH, but I'm told it doesn't mean you won't get pregnant.  I don't know what the E2 of 25 means.  I'm learning this all myself!!  Let me know if you learn anything new, as I will do the same for you.

Best of luck!!
another great website explaining FSH, E2 and other fertility factors..

http://www.danmartinmd.com/fshcct.htm

Avatar n tn
just got my results today- E2 82.3 & FSH 15.7-the nurse said these are high and can signal ovarian reserve depletion or low reserve-anyone else have these levels and get pg?  This is my second day 3 testing-last time my prolactin was also elevated but that is now down to normal. (I have normal periods and I'm 37)  Thanks!