Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
High FSH

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

High FSH

I am 34 years old and had an FSH level of 26, after the Clomid Challenge Test my FSH level was 40.  My RE said my only option was egg donation.  I did want to try everything possible first before exploring that option.  We are going to try superovulation, what should I do to prepare for this? And is there any hope?
Type in high FSH into google and go to the high fsh board. there is hope - you are young.. Good luck.
had an Fsh of 13..I"m 30. It pretty much means that you'll produce less eggs with superovulation.  I've done 3 IUIs...first one...3 mature follicles with IUI...chemical pregnancy..2nd IUI..5 mature eggs..
    My suggestion is do accupuncture and take wheatgrass tablets.  I took a whole bottle of wheatgrass for a month and my fsh was 8 then...I also responded better to meds.
    My 27 year old friend was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure...her FSH was 22...On the highest stimulation of fertility drugs she produced 5 mature eggs for IUI...on 3 were okay because her tube was blocked on the other side...her hubby  had low count too AND she has PCOS...well first IUI she got pregnant and has a 9 month old daughter now.  And her story sounded grim.
Try checking out this website www.highfshinfo.com   it's a great website
Hi there , I'm 30 and I've also been diagnosed with a diminished ovarian reserve because of high FSH levels. I don't really know what's my true FSH level as my Estradiol level is very high (69-87) and it's artificially supressing my FSH to 6.0

I have also been through 3 failed IUI cycles and 1 failed IVF cycle. I'm currently starting on acupuncture treatment and also taking wheat grass shots in the hopes that it will increase my egg quality. I wish you all the best in your efforts!! xoxoxoxo

Shayla,

It gives me so much hope when I read about your friend's story. My RE suggested donor eggs to me after my first failed IVF and I feel so devastated. I just want to know that I did all I could before I give up on myself.

It's also very encouraging to know that your FSH levels reduced after the wheatgrass tablets. I'm also hoping for the same!! Are you going through any treatment cycle now?

lots of SSBD to you:))

cheers,
Julie
Im new on here but just wanted to share my experience 4 months ago I had an FSH of 33 and my doctor recommended DHEA. I have been taking 50mg every day and for the past 2 months it has reduced to 8.5 and 9.5. We had IUI last month and although sucessful I mc very early, trying again this month and will keep you posted. My FSH has varied considerably, stress is a big factor so please try and rest and stay calm. DHEA worked for me and I would recommend it if you are ttc over 35.

Thanks for sharing your s have just got back from my Gp and had my test results my fsh is 24.5 my gp wants meto do another test when i have my next cycle. i am so worried i wont be able to get pregnant.  Any helpful tips would be great. pls.

s
I share your worry
I learned today that my FSH level is 24.5 today....
I don't think I will sleep for a while, so depressed
I think your Dr should do AMH test to know whether u have low over I an reserve. I had the same issue. However I am now 27 weeks pregnant after failed iui and ivf cycles. Just be positive. And don't be late in trying to conceive.