Home HCG blood test?
Is there such a thing?  I know the POAS tests the same thing, but blood tests are so much more sensitive!

Just wondered if I could get a more accurate result than POAS!

True, a blood test tends to be much more accurate.  However, i haven't heard of a home blood test and from my experience, a doctor won't order a blood test unless you're late for your AF.  When is your AF due?
I'm not due for AF until, at the earliest, this coming Thursday or Friday (I'm not a good "charter" so I'm not 100% sure).

But, my doc is hard to get in to see anyway!  Will planned parenthood do blood tests for just anyone--even if you're not needing any other services but an answer!?
I don't know...it's worth a shot.  My guess is they'll make you POAS first.  but, i guess you could call and explain the situation to them and see what they say.  Good luck to you!
Planned Parenthood never does blood tests, they only do urine tests and that's if your late on AF.
I'm just a VERY anxious person with absolutely no patience to wait!  Selfishness and instant gratification are what's driving me to want to know right now! :)

I' sure if I test now it's going to be neg. no matter what, because it might be to early.  So I KNOW I'll have to test later in the week anyway to find out for sure.

Call me selfish, but I want to know NOW! :)
I hope they never make them, or 99% of the ladies here will be typing with bloody, bandaged fingers from poking themselves every 5 minutes!

Seriously, it isn't necessary.  If you just wait, and are pregnant, you'll get your positive loud and clear on a simple and inexpensive urine test.  Its not like you'll have to wait weeks!  Just a few days for goodness sakes!

Why the push to know 48 hours sooner?  When you test so very, very early, you run the risk of picking up some very low levels of HCG that might simply be a chemical pregnancy.  If you wait til your period is due or a couple of days later, you'll get a much more accurate answer.  
Why so nasty? When women have been ttc for a long time, almost two years in my case, patients does run very thin. I've had a negative POAS test 2 months late for period so didn't think I was pg. turns out I actually was so I completely understand the whole wanting to know now feeling. I do hope they create a device that checks blood hcg levels similar to checking sugar levels for diabetics. This way we can see if our hcg is rising daily and get a more accurate reading than what the pee tests offer. I went through the stage of purchasing hpt in the dozens and I got a negative when I was pg and two very faint positives only to have my cycle start the very same day as the faint positive readings. Hpt's are a waste of time, money and worst of all, heartache. I now rely on a blood test done by my doc. I have a regular monthly app with him and if my cycle starts before ,y appointment I simply call and cancel he is very understanding of this. Also the wanting to know now thing can also be important to some women If theyre working a labour some job they may miscarry without even knowing they're pregnant simply because they're doing work to heavy for them in a pregnant condition.