Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Home Pregnancy Tests, 2 Positive, then 3 Negative???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I have been trying to conceive for about five months now and have been using the clear blue easy ovulation monitor.  My periods are very irregular but for the past two months the monitoring has gone well.  Last week I started having horrible headaches and several other early pregnancy symptoms.  On Thursday I took a digital home pregnancy test and I did it wrong so of course it said "see leaflet".  When I took out the test stick there were two lines with one being a little faint.  So Friday morning I took another digital test and it said plain and clearly pregnant very quickly too!  I was very excited but decided to take another nondigital test about three hours later and it said negative.  I then took a test on Saturday morning and this morning and both were negatives.  I feel horrible also I feel queasy, have lower back pain, crampng, headaches, I am so tired, and not to mention on Saturday nigt I had light spotting, and nothing since then.  According to my monitor it has only been about 11 - 13 days since I was fertile.  I went to get a blood test today but I will not get results until tomorrow and it is killing me.  Does anyone have advice or similar experiences?
Are you saying that you used the same brand of test each time? A lot of times, FMU is the most reliable even though tests say that you can test any time of the day. I would recommend taking another test tomorrow morning first thing so that you have had a couple of hours to fester! Hopefully it will come out positive and put your mind at ease. Best wishes! Please let us know how the blood results turn out.
I agree with lawgirl17.  Take another first thing in the morning.  They say that the tests rarely show a false positive, but they can show a false negative.  It sounds like you might be pg.  I took both kinds and had the lines on the first one very faint.  Decided to take the digital and it flat out said pg.  God Bless.  Let me know how the blood test went.
With my last pregnancy, I took two tests, both the digital. The first said pregnant, and the second said not pregnant. When I ejected the stick, they both had two lines. I ended up being pregnant, but I did learn that the two lines do not count. You can't read the digital tests like that. even last month when I took a few digital tests, they said negative(which I wasn't preg.), but they had two lines. The digital tests for more than one hormone... you should look at http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/digitalsecret.html
This is some of what it says:
"In simple terms, the digital test stick sucks up urine like a "regular" HPT. The test has a control line like every other HPT, to indicate the test worked properly. Then there is a "results zone" where a second line may or may not appear. Here's the difference: the second line may appear even if you are not pregnant, because the antibodies in the "results zone" are NOT testing ONLY for pregnancy hormone. Drumroll please. The "results zone" detects not only hCG (pregnancy hormone) . . . but also LH (luteinizing hormone.) LH is found in women's bodies almost all the time in some quantitity. (See the Fertility Info section for the nitty-gritty.) So, depending upon where you are in your cycle, how much LH your body produces normally (which can be thrown off by conditions like PCOS), you may see a second line even when there is no hCG ("Not Pregnant.")"
I am in with the others. The HCG Levels aren't very high in early pregnancy, and if not using FMU they are weakened
I have taken four pregnancy tests. The first one digital (Clearblue) was negative. The second two were the Clearblue strip tests that show either one or two lines-both were positive (one line faint, the next line much darker b/c I took them a few hours a part). This morning I took  an EPT digital and it said Not Pregnant - just like the first digital one said. I was under the assumption that the digital tests were more sensitive, but from the research I have been doing on forums like these, it seems they are not. I really do not want to get my hopes up, but I thought false positives were rare. There is no fertility medication left in me so that would not be why I got a false positive. My period is due in two days, but it sometimes comes a couple days early. I do not "feel" pregnant, but I also do not feel like I'm about to start. Any advice? Thanks so very much.