Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Horrible Pain: Ovulation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Horrible Pain: Ovulation

Horrible Pain: Ovulation
I started ovulating yesterday. I am not on fertility meds. I am limping/ can’t walk the pain is so bad. Mostly on my left side/ in my lower back near tail bone. When I try to stand straight my lower abdomen area hurts like a cramping/stabbing pain. It is constant and does not go away. I have a history of PCOS; I figured I may have a cyst. But it has never been this bad before. I no longer have insurance, so I want to avoid going to the ER, but I feel as though it’s getting worse. Has anyone had this before? I have twisted an ovary before when a cyst ruptured (according to what the hospital told me)…but that was a year ago; the pain feels worse than when this occurred.
Since you have a history of PCOS so this needs to be evaluated as it can be due to ruptured or twisted ovarian cyst.  The pain of ovulation is not so severe. You should consult gynecologist for internal examination and other test needed to detect it's cause. It needs attention please do not neglect it. Till then, vitamin supplements, regular exercise, keeping a heating pad across the abdomen or taking a hot bath or shower may also help.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.96) Hello,