Hostile CM?
So how does one know if they have hositle cervial mucus?  Is there a test for that?

I know I have a lot of questions and post a lot. (Sorry)  I'm just so amazed that everyone has so much knowledge on here and helpful...  thanks all!!
I was wondering the same thing. I've read there is a way to test it but my RE hasn't brought it up. We all have lots of questions so don't be sorry for asking.
You could have a post-coital exam done. That's basically where you go to the doctor a certain amount of hours after having intercourse (has to be around ovulation) and they take a small sample of mucus from your cervix to see if there are live sperm there. There is some controversy about whether or not a negative test actually means that you have hostile mucus, though, but if they do see the little swimmers there, you can at least rule it out.

By the way, I failed my post-coital about a year and a half ago, then did three unmedicated IUI cycles because of that and did not get pregnant...only to get pregnant on my own a few months after that. It ended in a miscarriage, but at least it shows that a failed post-coital exam doesn't necessarily mean you have hostile cervical mucus and can't conceive.

:-)
Thanks Heather5 ~~~~~~ That's interesting. ~~~~~  
Sometimes it's like all this bad news and doom and gloom and failed attempts just makes us feel hopeless.   Thank you for sharing your story and i am sorry that it didn't work out for you in the end.  But that means THERE ~~IS~~ HOPE!!  
I'm sorry about your m/c but it is good to know you can get pg on your own. You will get pg again and it will stick. I was happy to know that I could get pg on my own even though it ended like yours. Do you know much about preseed? I was wondering if it could help at all even if you have normal cm. Will it help keep the swimmers alive and going longer. I was thinking about getting some.
Heather's right on the post coital. It is about the only way to test and not 100% reliable. Out cm is naturally hostile. Even at o, the only saving grace for the little swimmers is to hurry through the ewcm and get out of the acid environment of the vagina.  Our ewcm can vary cycle to cycle from diet, etc. So every cycle you could get a different result.