Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How do you take your clomid????
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How do you take your clomid????

Im about to start clomid today and there is so many different ways to take it cd 3-7 or 5-9 if 100mg one in the morning and one at night, or together. just curious how all of you ladies take your clomid thanks
                                                                                           Melissa

Related Discussions
59 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1000766_tn?1296749601
I took it days 5-9, 50mg in the morning.
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Did it work for you? Yet
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
I take mine on 3-7 and I take 100mg at night I get the side effects that suck so I take them at night. I was on 50mg 3-7 days last month and they up mine to 100mg cause I didnt Ov.
Blank
1000766_tn?1296749601
Yes, it worked for me. I ovulated and got pregnant.
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Congrats! how many cycles did it take you? I was supposed to take 100mg 3-7 but did not get it in time so im taking it 4-8 I dont know anyone who has taken clomid on  those days, its always 3-7 or 5-9. Im not expecting a BFP my first cycle but it would be a nice surprise.

To Sobie:

What kind of side effects do you get?
Blank
1000766_tn?1296749601
Thanks. It took one cycle. I hope it works on your  first cycle.
Blank
294043_tn?1354211546
The day of the cycle on which to take clomid depends on why you are taking it.  To make you ovulate you are more likely to start cd5.  But if you O w/o clomid and just take it to produce better quality egg or to produce more follicles you typically start cd 3.  Your ob or RE (whoever prescribed you clomid) should let you know when to start and how much to take.
Good luck!
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
My side effects that I got on 50 mg were
Migraines  
Hot flashes
Moody
Confusion
But they go away after the last pill or so It didnt last long.
And I suffer from bad migraines so I think thats why I had them worst when I was on clomid. So that is the reason I take them right before bed so I dont have to deal with them. Now I took 100mg last night and I woke up a few times confused and hallucinations I had to fight it off and just go back to sleep I also had chills not hot flashes which was crazy.  And rem that not everyone is the same so dont think this will happend to you. That was just my frist night I hope tonight is better I get so worried on what will happen next. But It is just for a short time thats how I look at it anyways.
I hope that it works this time around for me too I have been on and off for 5 cycles now and this will be my 6 so I hope it works. and I hope it works for you this time around too.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
I wanted to let you know that the hallucinations was due to me being really exhausted last night I was out late and my husband and I were up late watching tv So I dont want you to think it was because of the Clomid because it was not it was due to me being really tried. But everything else that I said are my side effect not everyone else has the same some show none at all and that I great. I hope that helps. What have you had since you been taking clomid any side effects. If you had none most likey you will have none.
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Wow you get all the side effets im so sorry it must be miserable but it will all be worth it in the end. Does your doc say that you are o'ing? I took clomid six years ago and i didnt get pg with my son untill the 6th cycle, that doc put me on cd 5-9. When i was ttc my second child i had to go to another doc and he put me on cd 3-7 and i did get pg my 2nd cycle but it was a chemical pg, that happend 2 more times so i needed a break and i got pg with my 2nd son on that break he is now 2 and i would like one more but wasnt really sure when to take the clomid cd 5-9 or 3-7 so i took it cd 4-8 my doc doesnt really care one way or another, im kinda on my own. My side effects from clomid are I get super emotional but thats it. What cd are you on?
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yeah I was on clomid 50mg 5-9 and was on it off and on because I had other things in my life to take care of frist and I never O on those times and so this time I started seening and RE and he put me on 50mg from 3-7 and did cd21 test to see if I O but i O late so the test came back - and he said I dont O so we went back on Provera and he put me on 100mg this time and 3-7 days, last night I started. I am on Cd 4.  I am sorry to hear about all the heartache I hope this time it works for us I dont like taking these meds. You and I are only a day apart you start the 16 I started the 17 so cool. Have you taken 100mg before or just 50mg? I hope that we get our blessings here soon.. SSBD
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Yes I've always taken 100mg. I'm going to try for three mo. I really hope it works if not I think im done and i will just be happy with the two wonderful boys that i have, but i would really loooove to have  a girl.  Cool we can be cycle buddies and hopefully get our BFP at the same time.. SSBD your way
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yes this is my frist time on 100mg I hope I O because I am on my last round I dont have the funs for injectables and I am not going to be able to even do them so that is out of the question. But I hope we do get our BFP soon. I have an 11 year old daughter and would love to have a boy this time. I pray and hope...Keep me posted on whats going on.SSBD*******
Blank
Hi cherri,I'm starting my clomid tmarrow!!So nervous :/ I'm taking it day 4-8..
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Hi Sammy, how exciting, are you ttc your first? Im so glad to hear someone else taking clomid days 4-8, were only 4 days apart. Sobie, you, and I  can be tww buds. sending tons  SSBD your way.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yeah so cool TWW BUDS!! SSBD your way too...
Blank
Hey cherri yep I'm ttc my first time!but im nervous because I never know when im ovulating..my periods are really abnormal and I cant find ovulation sticks anywhere!(i am overseas in pakistan) so im very nervous :/ Good luck with everything :)
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Well clomid shoould make you have a period every mo. just Bd every other day, I think when on clomid we should O 5 to 10 days after we take our last pill. You can buy ovulation kits on line, did you try that? keep me posted on how your doing.SSBD
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
I start taking 50mg clomid tomorrow. and I take it on days 3-7. so I will let you guys know if I get lucky or not:)praying for a little one or twins.
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
If im taking clomid on days 3-7 does anyone know whens the soonest I can take a pregnancy test?
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
I am taking my last one today  too was on 3-7 days. To answer your question, The day you O is all depends on the person I my self O on CD22-23 Some O CD14 or Cd19 it all depends and with that you will count from that time to the time your AF. Now when to take a pregnancy test to get the right answer not a - one you would have to wait to miss your mess. You might take it early and get a - but might be a + so I would wait I know I hate the waiting too but we have to to make sure. Some girls test a week or two after they O but not always does it show. I hope it help and I SSBD your way best of luck.
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
thank you so much for the advise..I cant wait to see the results.My doctor also has me on metformin 500mg so he said more than likely I will be pregnant,But I think hes just telling me that so I will get my hopes up and feel better about it all.Im on the metformin because my bloodwork came back and my insulin and glucose ratios were mixed up.its a type 2 diabetes medicine but he said Im no where near diabetic..but he said that medicine will also increase my chances of getting pregnant. Has anyone else's doctor told them this?!?
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
He told me to make sure my man was home on days14-16.so I guess we'll see. Ive read so many different things on here. But I dont want to have to much sex, because I heard it could mess everything up.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yeah I hear that metformin is good and yes it helps more with getting a + my doctor wanted to put me on just that but I told him no I will take clomid. and it all depends on when you O the doctor give you that number because it for normal girls..lol.. but like me I O late like on CD22-23, and I have not heared having to much sex mess everything up I hear that it helps more to have it every other day after your Cd12 just to make sure you dont miss O. I do all the way till after two three days after I O just to cover all my bases I am on a mission girl... Well I hope you get your BFP and stay stress free that dont help much when you stress... Good luck and keep me posted.. SSBD
Blank
1017834_tn?1274836683
I started 150mg of clomid 15 pills for 5 days I take 3 pilss a day. My question do you take all three at one time or split the times every so many hours.  
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
okay thanks so much for the help. I will definitly keep everyone updated...does it matter if I take the clomid the same time everyday or not? I wasnt sure. On my medicine bottle it says before bedtime, but I usually dont go to bed until around 3 or 4 anyways. So since tonight was the 1st night taking it i just took it at 10...should i take it at 10 for the next 4 days?
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yes it matters to take it the same time I took mine at 10pm every night.
SSBD

To MZReD226 yes you have to take all at one time dont split them. I was on 100mg and had to lake them one right after the other.
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Yesterday was my last pill and i was 2hr. late taking it, Do you still think i will O?
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yes you will dont worry. You will O as long as is in your body yes.. :)
I started taking mucinex today since I am suppose to O sometime this week end. I read about how to take mucinex with the Clomid to help with the CM make it better . I was going to use pre-seed but I dont need no infections I am way sen to those thing. SO I am using mucinex to make CM better for lil swimmers..  SSBD your way..
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Well maybe i should take mucinex Im feeling alittle congested, dont want my cm to get thick. Do you take mucinex in pill?
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
you can but I take the baby kind lol... I hate pills so I take the liquid one. the pill is better because you only have to take one a day. I have to take mine 3 times a day. But make sure  its the that only has guaitenesin (expectorant) nothing else if you get the pill it last 12 hours and that great. I am seeing change in my CM already I make thick CM so they told me to try guaitenesin that it maks it better for swimmers and anything I can do to help them I will. This is the frist time I am trying this and it seams to be working.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
FYI: If you take Robitussin: You will want to find a cough syrup with has the ONLY active ingredient as guaifenesin. Any other ingredients can limit the effect you are looking for.
Recommended dosage is two teaspoons (200 mg) taken orally three times per day. If mucus still appears thick, you can take as the maximum dosage as listed on the label of the cough medicine. Water intake should be increased to encourage cervical mucus production and a full glass should take with each dose of guaifenesin. Most doctors suggest taking Robitussin five days before and including the day of ovulation for a total of 6 days during your cycle.This helps provide the optimal environment to help the sperm survive and get to where they need to go. If you take Clomid, waiting until the day after the last Clomid pill is taken before starting Robitussin is suggested.

If you take Mucinex: Until recently, Guaifenesin in pill format, had usually required a doctor's prescription but you can now buy Mucinex over the counter. Take 200mg of Mucinex with a full glass of water, three times per day. If cervical mucus does not become thinner, increase dosage to maximum allowed on the label. Take during the 5 days before ovulation, and the day of ovulation. There is no advantage in taking guaifenesin during the rest of your cycle, because the quality of your cervical mucus is only important at the time of intercourse. In fact, your cervical mucus is supposed to be thick and sticky during the rest of your cycle (when you're not ovulating), as a defense against any organisms that may find their way into the vagina.
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Thanks Sobie, very informative.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
your welcome I do my homework and I ask tons of question to my RE he is awesome. I just hope this time I studie harder and get a + lol.. wish you luck keep me posted...
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Im starting to get clear thin stretchy cm, should i still take mucinex? It cant hurt right?
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
so can I still get pregnant without taking robitussan or muxinex? because Im on enough medicine lol I dont wanna take anymore that I have to...and I was 24 minutes late from taking my clomid last night..shouldnt that be okay?
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
I would think 24 min. should be ok, I was 2hrs. late on my last pill I'm hoping i still O, but i think i should be fine too. What cd are you on?
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yes you can start now I did for the same reason I want to make sure I do everything right this time. all it does is make it EWCM and that is what you want. So go for it girl...

To savannah You dont have to take it if you dont want to. I know I hate taking meds but since I think my CM is the problem I will kerp taking mine I have seen a change will keep checking and see tom if its any better. I am on the liquid kind. It dont hurt to take it it helps just to break up CM to EWCM thats all.
SSBD and Good luck girls.. we have to get BFP this month....
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
I havent had my period in 2 days but I still took the clomid. tonight will be my last pill.. will i still ovulate at the same time as the doctor told me or will it come sooner? Im so confused because I thought I would have a period for atleast 6 days but I only had one for 4 days.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yeah I had mine short too I guess its the meds. But I hear that it all depends on the person if they O early or not I O late But the doctor said that I should O earlyer this time since I took 100mg 3-7 days. So I dont really know but I do know it maybe early this time beacause I started testing 3 days ago and got a lil lite line and I dont ever get that on till day 12 or 13 when I see a lil change and I got some lil cramping today on my left side so maybe early who knows will let you know if I O early. then you know if you will too?? I always O late on 21-23cd but doc told me he wants it early. SO will see if he is right..lol.. I wish you the best keep me posted.

OH and Girls the  muxinex is my new best friend my DH LOVES IT!!!! I dont need lube but man this just makes things a whole lot more fun better when its your own lube. I have the most CM ever with muxinex that the lil swimmers stay where they need to like glue... lol..
Well girls SSBD your way and I will keep you posted.... I hope to all your BFP soon...
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
well Ive been making sure my man has been home everynight lol Just incase. I dont wanna miss my day lol. But I will let you guys know what myresults are in a few weeks when I take my pt.by the way, all the initials for this stuff confuses me...can someone inform me on what they all are? like DH,SSBD,CM,and BFP,EWCM??sorry im used to just spelling out the whole word...wish all you ladies luck!!:)
Blank
I'm starting clomid for first time tomorrow, day three, my doctor told me to take between six and eight not really sure why
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
that sound just like us. I need to make sure we Baby dance every other day because I dont know when I O too.
and as for the initials
[DH] Dear Husband
[SSBD] Sending Sticky Baby Dust
[CM] Cervix Mucus
[EWCM] Egg White Cervix Mucus

I hope you get your BFP
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
thank you so much lol I feel dumb but I needed to know. Im really hoping and praying that I ovulate, Im not giving up hope ....good luck to all of u and keep me updated":)
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Its ok I didnt know what they meant on till I ask someone too. so no worry.
Well I am heading to the Doc tom because I need to see if I will be O this month or not I have yet to get a + but only a lite line and I know what a + looks like and they are not it. so will see whats going on in my body tom. I just hope I am even if its late like always. I had to make the nurse to give me an appointment  she told me that since I started to see the sec line that I will O. But I want to make sure that the CLomid did work and they can check it with a sano so I told her I will be there tom, so will see what happens I hope I have aleast two good follicles or more I just hope that they will be good for me to O this month..
will let you know..
and good luck to you too..
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Hello ladies,
       well I'm not sure if i O'd or not on cd 13 I THINK i had a + OPK and on cd 14 had lots of cramping on my right side and cd 15 lots of EWCM, so I think I O'd or im going to O. I'm not going to have any idea when im in my 2ww.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Sounds good girl am happy for you I just tested this afternoon and I got a + opk so this is great for us, I have never had a + this early on I in shock. Like it has not hit me that I am O so cool... we will be TWW buddies cool.... SSBD wish you luck...
and as long as you been baby dancing you will be fine. I am and will do so on till at least cd 21 just in case... I dont want to miss any thing... SSBD
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Yay congrats on your pos opk. when i got my pos i wasnt sure it was pos it looked like the same color, ugh i just wish the test line would be darker so i had no dout, i should take a pic so i can get opinions. anyway congrats and SSBD your way.
Blank
1160836_tn?1332333769
Yeah take a pic and we can see it.. I did cause I was not sure I thought my mind was playing games with me and when my DH came home he was so happy that he to saw the two lines he thought I was showing him our BFP on HPT he was like WHAT WE PREGO!!! and I was like no we are O so we can be...lol.. I hope all works out with this full moon out and boy is that a good thing. well I hope all goes well for us this month and we can share our BFP together...SSBD your way...
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
well I took an ovulation test yesterday and today and both days I only got one line:( so I hope you all are having better luck then me. Dr told me that I should ovualte tomorrow but from the looks of it I think Im gonna have to be put on a higher miligram. Bc I dont think the 50mg did any good. Good luck to all you ladies. I wish you guys luck
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
well ladies I was supposed to ovulate today but I still only got 1 line. so it looks like i'll be going back to the baby dr to get put on the 100mg.
Blank
522984_tn?1299512681
Well girl dont give up just yet, still get that bding going, you never know you could still O.
Blank
1017834_tn?1274836683
I was on 50mg 3x a day 5-10 I was taking 1 in the morn 1 evening and 1 night  this is my second round. Then I started reading on the forum where some ladies was taking there's all at one time so I called and ask dr they said all at one time so on my last day I took them all. Even though I took it like that I still ovulated.
I wish you luck  
Blank
1129232_tn?1360803958
Do you guys take the mucinex pill once a day or every 12 hours?
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
Im not giving up girl its just so depressing. Im sure you know that lol. But Im callin the dr tomorrow and Im gonna see if he cant start me on the 100mg asap. Im hoping he will...Im so impatient when it comes to this. I just want a positive pregnancy test then I'll be okay lol... good luck to all of u...keep us informed.
Blank
1017834_tn?1274836683
You take one pill a day I've tried it now i'm waiting on results.
Blank
1219740_tn?1266732263
No one has replied on here in awhile..where did everybody go?
Blank
Hi i was reading all your advise and what you was all doing, then it just stop :( i was told i have pco and was looking into clomid just would me nice to here some success story's please give some hope.
Blank
Can you change which day you take it on? My doctor told me to take it on days 2-6 but it gives me terrible abdominal pains around day 14 which is obviously my most fertile time meaning my partner and I can't... You know, as it's too painful. So I'm hoping I can change the days so maybe the pains come after my most fertile time. This would be my 3rd month on clomid.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...