Aa
A
A
Close
199922 tn?1224790306
How early can blood test detect pregnancy
I had my beta done yesterday and it was negative, so I started lupron last night. However, I am little concerned, as I mentioned it yesterday I was spotting yesterday and little today with light brown discharge. Today is my 23rd day of the cycle. I think my ovulation was Wendsay and I believe that if so the fertilization should have occured either on wendsday or thursday. A common misconception is that implantation occurs 7 days after conception, but the research findings showed that first appearance of pregnancy hormone, HCG, due to implantation occurred 6-12 days after ovulation, with 84% of the pregnancies implanting on days 8-10 after ovulation. My blood test was done between 7 and 6th day.
Question is that if I didn't get a positive pregnancy test, does that really rule out pregnanty. What if the implantation took longer than the average.
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
180395 tn?1287497597
I would think that would be too early for a blood test to be accurate.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
178239 tn?1277409091
Me, too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yeah that was way too early...  dont rule out your chances yet
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
178698 tn?1228777938
HCG should show up in on a blood test about 7- 8 days past ovulation.  Of course if you implanted later, it might show up later.  HCG however, should be in blood by the 10th day
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
178698 tn?1228777938
HCG should show up in on a blood test about 7- 8 days past ovulation.  Of course if you implanted later, it might show up later.  HCG however, should be in blood by the 10th day
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
one webiste says i ovualte today, i think i did on tuesday, when can i go for blood test??
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources