Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How early can blood test detect pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I had my beta done yesterday and it was negative, so I started lupron last night. However, I am little concerned, as I mentioned it yesterday I was spotting yesterday and little today with light brown discharge. Today is my 23rd day of the cycle. I think my ovulation was Wendsay and I believe that if so the fertilization should have occured either on wendsday or thursday. A common misconception is that implantation occurs 7 days after conception, but the research findings showed that first appearance of pregnancy hormone, HCG, due to implantation occurred 6-12 days after ovulation, with 84% of the pregnancies implanting on days 8-10 after ovulation. My blood test was done between 7 and 6th day.
Question is that if I didn't get a positive pregnancy test, does that really rule out pregnanty. What if the implantation took longer than the average.
I would think that would be too early for a blood test to be accurate.
Me, too.
HCG should show up in on a blood test about 7- 8 days past ovulation.  Of course if you implanted later, it might show up later.  HCG however, should be in blood by the 10th day
Yeah that was way too early...  dont rule out your chances yet
one webiste says i ovualte today, i think i did on tuesday, when can i go for blood test??