Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How long?? Ovulation Positive?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

How long?? Ovulation Positive?

How many days in a row can you get a positve on an Ovulation test?  I've never used one before and I took my first one Monday it was positive and even this morning it said positive? Am I crazy? Are they a bad batch, is this normal or could it mean something else?? My boobs are so sore, especially my nipples. They used to always hurt before I started, BEFORE they put me on birth control for over a year.   But now, they're hurting so bad they woke me up last night.  This has never happened before. lol.  Just strange and kinda worried/anxious here. Thanks for all the help. :)
Well it's only positive when the test and control line are the same, or the test is darker.
I believe all the days that the test is lighter than the control those are just fertile days.  People says BD every other day during the fertile days...when there is a pink line fainter than the control, then every day for 2 or 3 days once the strip is positive or the same or darker than the control....You ovulate 24-48 hours after the tests is positive.
I still have a fainter line after a positive too, so I'm guessing it takes a while for LH to leave your system after the surge.
GOOD LUCK :)
Oh and I think last month I had a positive OPK two days in a row.  I took pics of all mine that would show on a picture and posted them, you can check them out if you like
it will read positive for bout a week.  Its best to go ahead and start trying to conceive a child when you get that first positive and every other day after that for that week.  As far as your boobs hurting thats probally just your body letting you know you are ovulating or about to ovulate.
Thank you very much.  I've taken 6 tests in 3 days and all the "test" lines are darker than the control lines.  I have 3 of them on my profile as well. I'm so confused when it comes to this. I've never charted my "ovulation" before.  I'll definitely look at yours. I'm just wondering if it's been darker on the test line for 3 days now am I STILL ovulating or could actually being pregnant cause it to stay darker?  It never gives this info on the box.  ugh!!  Thanks again, I really appreciate it. :D  

Oh BTW, Good luck with yourself !! :D
Thank you!  I was also concerned about my boobs. I'm probably just really getting my hopes up here. Ever since I got the first positive(that was on monday) I've had sex 1 time. BUT we also did Saturday night and Sunday morning. Will that help?  I might've had a positive before that and just didn't know it since my first test day was Monday. I'll just take it a day at a time. :)  I'm just so worried and anxious.   Thank you again. :)
I think it would be too soon for it to be because of pregnancy. But I'm not positive about that.  You can always take a HPT if you think it's because of that.  
Hopefully this is your month though!! :)
My best advice would be to try and not think about it until your period is due, and if it is late then test :)
I read that you ovulate 24-48 hours after a positive OPK so maybe that one day is enough.  I also only got one day in this month.  Usually you wont get symptoms until you implant with is about a week after ovulation....
GOOD LUCK :)
I know lots of people who will take two or three tests a day. and they say they will get a neg result in the morning and at night they will get there positive OPK. And than the next morning it will be neg again. And for others they will see the pos. OPK for days. It really comes down to how long your OPKs can pick up the Lh serge. Its different for everyone. next month might be different for you. And Its best to start trying before you get your positive OPK cuz you want the sperm there waiting for the egg to release so it can fertilize it at its best. Hope this helps and remeber its different for everyone. Good luck! Baby Dust...
Thank you so much. I've definitely been trying. I was wondering about Sat. and Sun because I did have sex then but I didn't start using the strips until Sun evening. I sure hope I caught this in time. Talk about being impatient. lol. Thank you again! :) Good luck to you too!