Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How long after Progesterone supplements will period start?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I don't ovulate often or get my period very much, so my fertility specialist RN person put me on progesterone for 10 days to induce menstration before starting Clomid. I stopped on Friday, and it is now Monday night and no sign of a period. Does anyone know how long after the progesterone the period is supposed to happen? Did I do something wrong? This is so frustrating! I feel like I know nothing and can get nothing from the RN...
I have used this medication for the same reason and I am on it at the moment. I normally get a period within about 2-7 days. It will come.
Avatar n tn
I usally got mine 5 days after the end of the pills. Don't be surprised if it's more painful then ever before. When you don't shed the lining it builds up and can be more painful since it's thick
Avatar n tn
this is my first month to be on it, but my doctor has said it can take 7-10 days for your period to start.  today is day 10 since stopping it for me, so we will see.  i actually felt like i might be ovulating (which i know is not possible) but have been taking OPK tests anyway.  over the past 4 days they progressively got darker until yesterday and today i had positive ones.  but my HPTs have all been negative.  who knows whats going on! maybe i havent started yet because I'm pregnant?????
I am going on my 7th pill and still haven't had my period yet either. Anyone know if it makes a difference if you haven't had your period for a year and half cause of hormone treatments. My doctor gave me 2 choices have a baby or have a hysterectomy just hope that I am not messed up cause we are going to try to have a baby.
I just finished my last pill on Sunday Aug 3 and I'm still waiting for AF. Haven't had her for almost 3 months now. I'm hoping she'll be here anyday. I know it sounds weird but I just really want to get this ball rolling. I want a baby and right now she's the only thing from stopping me to continue my treatments. The DR told me I had to be patient but I just can't seem to wait!! The only difference between me and some of you is I only took Provera for 5 days. Most of you have taken it for 10.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!

******~~~~~~LOTS OF BABY DUST TO US ALL~~~~~~~~*********

Age: 24
TTC: 1 1/2 years
Meds: Provera & soon Clomid
Hoping for BFP!!!!!!!
I am not sure if I am doing this right I am new to this website.
I feel the same about wanting to get the ball rolling. My doctor told me I don't have much time to decide what I want to do. I have endo. really bad and he thinks it is growing in my upper abdomen also but since I just had surgery in Feb. he doesn't want to do another one. I have had 2 previous to that. But he said that pregnancy is the best thing that I could do I am only 23 yrs old and a hysterectomy is the very last thing on my mind. Just wish the pain wasn't so bad.
I stopped having my period out fo nowhere. ive had it my whole life normally. I am on this medicine. its only day 5. I actually miss my period. this is scary. 3 months missed period and all negative pregnancy tests and I gained about 10lbs. so stressful. I hope this medicine works!
Hi ,I am 27 years old and three months before I  faced irregular periods.my doc suggested me to take progestrone sustained tablets 300 mg daily for 10 days and I got my period on third day after stopping.now again I used 10 days this month but no period upto 7 th day after stopping.i need to go temple after 5 days so I should delay my period ,to delay can I use primoult n tablets.i was 2 days past to period date.please help me that how many days progestrone will work to induce period
I am 22 and have decided to start a family, I was on the depo injection for 6 years and had my last one on the 12th December 2014. I started bleeding in April 2015 but every day it wouldn't stop so rang the doctors in july and said I should take a 10day course of progesterone, which stopped the bleeding on the 3rd day. I have now been off it for 2days but not sure what to do next. Don't know if any one can give me some advice.
I've done 3 rounds of progesterone.  Sometimes it comes a few days after the last pill...nut it will come! Try to have patience with it .I know it's hard and frustrating!  Good luck!
I am in the exactly the same way.. after more tests and getting my thyroid test im hypo thyroid and it has stopped my period.. I am taking these progest pill in a bid to get them back now I am on medication for the thyroid..
Did you get your period? how manyd ays ater you stopped taking them.. These pills are hell? the bloat is ridiculous.. I miss my body ..its been so long in this situation..
I took progesterone, my 10 day was Saturday...today is day 4 off the progesterone and no period.  Stressing like crazy over here!
I am very similar to your story. I also was on the depo provera shot for a little over 5 years. Never got a period while on it. Last injection expired January 2015, got first period in April, was normal until July, august came and no AF. After waiting 6 weeks, contacted my doctor and they ran tests, did multiple exams, ultrasounds, MRIs only thing that came back was having polycystic ovarian syndrome. So she suggested i take progesterone for 5 days.. I took my last pill Monday the 9th. so its been 3 days and still no sign of AF... wondering how things worked out for you or anyone else with similar cituation
I was on birth control for 14 years and my periods eventually stopped. I'm 31 and planning on having kids soon so this of course horrified me. I got off the pill about 4 months ago but my period never came back. My dr put me on progesterone tablets for 10 days. My last pill was friday and still no period. at first I was hopeful maybe i could have somehow  gotten pregnant although with no period there is no way I could have ovualted right? idk it seems like this happens to a lot of woman its just so hard waiting and hoping AF will just get here!! Has anyone taken this drug numerous times with out it restoring there periods??
If you're finished a 10 day course of progesterone and no period.....does that mean you're in menopause?
You should get your period within 10 days, which feels like a lot. I've taken Provera 3 times, and I've ranged from getting af the last Provera pill to 5 days after.
If you don't get your period you will probably have todo more tests to see if you produce enough estrogen to build up a uterine lining.