Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How long after Temp Drop does period start
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long after Temp Drop does period start

Hello again!  This is my first month charting.  I dropped from 97.9 to 97.2 this morning.  Do most of you start first thing in the morning the day of the temp drop?  Or can it come later that day?  or later the next day?  Just wondering...cause I had the temp drop but I don't "feel" my period coming...kind of bothers me.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
162279_tn?1270604959
It's one of those things that there is no clear answer to.
Last month, I had temps of 98.0--98.2 after ovulating. Then one morning it was 97.9--not a huge dip,---but my period started a couple hours later. My temp didn't go down significantly until the day after my period started.
So it's hard to say. Only time wil tell! I got on the fertilityfriend website and looked at other ladies charts. There were charts with all kinds of variants. Even some ladies with low temps that were surprised a few days later with a BFP.

This is one of the things I hate most while TTC---nothing is clear. I can't rely on any signs or symptoms FOR SURE.
Drives me nuts.

Good luck!!!
Blank
Thanks Jenny!!! I wish my period started with just a little drop...mine was a pretty big drop and i feel like it should have started by now.  i am irritated by it.  i know i am not prego cause i had a little procedure this month...but my period was still sapposed to come with the temp drop...
Blank
Thanks that helps me a lot.  I actually am rooting for my period this cycle...I had a procedure done so I need my period to start in order to start a new cycle...so I am kind of waiting for it to get here.  I was upset it didn't or hasn't started today...so you are saying that is will most likely start tommorrow then and that is normal...you sometimes start the day after the drop?
Blank
149010_tn?1197911001
I think it's different for everyone. With my cycle when I see a big temp. dip I know I
Blank
149010_tn?1197911001
Yeah... I usually start the day after the temperature dip. Once in a great while it takes 2 days.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank