How long after egg transfer until I can test with a HPT??
I had my first egg transfer on Friday and I am wonderfing how long I need to wait for a HPT to be accurate?? I am so impatient as this is my first IVF cycle, sure hope that someone can help!
P.S. I have taken 2 HPT's earlier today and they were both negative but my doc said they may be false. I don't get to go back in to the office until next Monday because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. How long did everyone wait to test??
Thanks in advance!
I had my transfer saturday and I am desperate already. I was going to be so good and relaxed but all that is out the window and i have bought 5 tests already. Will test tomorrow and check if it is bfn which weill tell me the trigger shot is out of my system. then if i get a bfp i will know it is a true one.

I think you shouldn't expect to get a result before at least 10dpt.

Good luck to you.
Hello I am going through the same thing and I am on the same schedule. I also took a HPT and it was negative. My friend went through this and she said do not take any HPT bc they could be negative.  The bottom line is we have to wait and see. It stinks and I to am going crazy but be positive.
hiya. i also had my transfare done on friday and i am afread to do a test yet myself, mine was a frozen cycle. my last fresh cycle was done in feb but sadley i miscarried at 12 weeks. my beta test is scheduled for this day next week so i dont think i will be able to hang on that long. just wondering if any of you girls have any symptoms. i have some cramping but only really first thing in the morning for some reason.. good luck girls and wishing you loths of baby dust. we have to stay poiative. would be a great xmas present for us
3 Day and 5 Day Transfers
For those who are on their TWW and want to know what is going on in there here is a list for 3 and 5 day transfers.

This is what happens in a 5dt:

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT
You guys Rock! So neat to know that we are in the same boat. I have taken about 10 hpt and they have all been negative. :( I was told the same thing as you ladies 1. not to test and 2. If you do test they may be inaccurate  Go figure! I am so darn impatient. I have been blessed with 2 daughters naturally and my DH and I decided to try IVF to satisfy his craving or actually our craving for a boy. This 3rd will be our last if all goes well. We opted to go with IVF for the sex selection. I went with GSN as well which is gene screening to rule out an chromosome abnormalties.
Hope all of you ladies are doing well! Please keep me posted on if you are preggers or not!!! Good luck- sending lots of baby dust to each and everyone of you!!!
baby4me70 thanks so much for the chart you put up its brilliant and great to look and see what stage we hopefully are at..sleepyone73 wow dats amazeing the way you can get GSN and sex selection. im in ireland and we are not offered any of that yet over here. please let us know how you get on.. will be sending you loths of luck and babydust..
hi there, I had my ET on 10/2 and tested at home on 10/9 and got a quick positive. Then tested again on sunday 10/11 and got another quick positive. I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins...good luck to you!!!
I am so desperate to test. I did test yesterday morning which was day 5 from transfer and offcourse negative but I wanted to get a negative as then if I get a positive later I may think it is accurate and not the trigger injection. right?

I am testing again in 2 days which will be day 8.

Sorry this may be too much info but anyone else having a bit of constipation? I am drinking almost 2 liters of water every day.
hi. i remember on my last go of ivf haveing constapation on my 2ww but i think alot of it was down to stress. its like i was afread to go in case i droped out my embies. i know dat sounds silly but dats the way i was feeling. try and not stress your self out so much doing to many tests,i know its hard as im trying so hard myself to stay away from the store to buy one.your better off waiting till you know you will defo have a proper result.witch is about ten days after day 5 transfare and 13 to 14 days after day 2 or 3 transfare.. i am sending you loths of good luck baby dust........ hopefully we will get good news..
I did have terrible constipation, it's all due to the hormone meds. I took milk of magnesia and worked like a charm...good luck to u!!!
I'm on the other hand, diahrea..... :-(
try having sustagen (hospital grade) it did help me a lot during my 2ww --- it has fiber and protein in it... my Dr advised me to have it becoz of possible OHSS... i did feel energize and my tummy feels better right after drinking it...

i did my embryo transfer last 11.17...

had my BFP today with 217 beta...

good luck to all of you c".)

do you have day 3 or 5 transfer?  My ET on 11.17 day 3 and beta will be on 12.1.
Couldnot wait.....so nervous.
i had a day 5 transfer... i was asked to come earlier for the pregnancy test because i have to continue more progesterone once i'm pregnant... my FS wanted me to continue using progesterone until 10 weeks of pregnancy for support...

i did a hpt yesterday  and i got a positive result... so was very thankful that pregnancy was confirmed by my beta today c".)

i will come back to the clinic tomorrow to grab more of the progesterone c".)

i just said a little prayer for you and your little one.
GOD Bless you!!!
I had a 5 day transfer on 11/16 and have been testing with HPT's since 11/21.  Used different brands and getting some saying a faint positive and some saying totally negative. I go for my 1st blood test tomorrow morning. Can't wait.  Been going NUTS and out of my mind. I"m actually prepared to hear that I'm not pregnant.

I've already done 7 IUI's and this was my first IVF. Transferred 2 grade 1 blasts and 1 grade 2. We'll see.  It's hard to stay positive though.
Hi Ladies,
I know it can't be good but I woke up today with a little bit of blood and some cramping. Not sure why but I assume that I am not preggers. Although I am super bummed I can only hope that it works for me next month. So back to the shots I go, lol Did anyone else show a little blood 6 days after the transfer and still came up preggers??
Sure love this board!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Hi there,

I'm on 5dpt3dt. I haven't noticed any spotting. Only issues I'm having is whenever I need to have a BM, my lower abdomen aches (cramp-like pains) It's between AF cramp feeling and upset stomach feeling. I was waking up feeling hungry every morning just a a couple of days back. Now, I can go 'til at least 11 a.m. or so w/ out eating.

Gotta remember though, some women on here have spotted and are preggo. Best of luck!
It should be implatation.
I am AF cramping big time, So upset. words cannot describe. tested this mkorning 7dp5dt. negative.
sleepyone73 --- a little blood is not bad as it is within implantation time.

anetski --- your test is still too early... and i did have have bad cramping on my 2ww because of the progesterone supports.

sticky baby dust to all of you c".)

GOD Bless Us All!!!
did it feel like Af was showing up?

I am going to ring the nurses and ask if they can test earlier. Can't take it anymore. Have just walked around crying for 2 hrs.
so you had a day 5 transfer on 17th nov and had a bloodtest on the 25th which is day 8. Did you do a HPT?

That means I could have my test earlier too like tomorrow right? If they could get your result then they should be able to get mine too. I am so ringing. I can't stand it anymore,
I called and they gave me an appointment on monday instead of wed. They don't do the hcg bloodtest on the weekend. arhhhhhhhhhhh
on the 25th i did two HPT (morning and afternoon) and it is positive... yesterday morning the 26th they checked my blood and it is beta 217... they have scheduled me for U/S  on dec 17, they also said no need for me to do another beta test as my beta is above average...

i did have bad cramps because of the progesterone (i supposed) and the mild OHSS i was in last week...

now i am still having those pinch like pain more on my lower right tummy and few on the left side...

Thanks for your answer. My cramps are very heavy. Like AF is just around the corner. I did have af like cramps too with my son and I was sure I was not pregnant. This is just the same feeling as the last two times where I had negative results so I am certain this is the same. I so hope I am wrong!!!!!!!

So happy for you. It is the best feeling ever when you get the positive result.
I ve got bad cramps too, very tired hard to keep  working and even eat!I just want sleep! My beta 186 blood test again Monday
hang in there pepot!
thanks anetski, thanks canes02 c".)

May the Good LORD grant us the desires of our heart...

do you guys have backache cramping too? I do. I thik that might be a bad sign.
This morning I had severe lower abdomen pain; body was telling me I should be having BM. It hurt so bad...I think it's a form of constipation - not sure? Other than that episode in the morning, I have had mild throbbing pain, mainly on my right side. After eating this afternoon, I felt very tired. Was doing dishes cause I was bored and had to sit cause I felt a bit light headed. I haven't had backache cramping, but I do tend to get a bit of a backache after sitting up for some time.

anetski: I realize how difficult the 2ww is, but just remain calm and before you know it, you'll have BW. I know it's easier said than done. My DH is also worried. He doesn't want me stressing and wishes I didn't have to be at work until after beta test. Life must go on though. Be strong and if HPT's are messing w/ your emotionally, don't do them anymore - it's for your own good :) Good luck to you!
Anetski --- i actually just got up from my afternoon sleep --- because i am feeling i can not hold mysel for having the same lower back cramping this lunch time --- it is all gone now, thank goodness c".)

I was actually able to talk to my doctor about 11.30 this morning re: continuing with my aspirin tablets till up to 12 weeks of pregnancy and progesterone support up to 8 weeks of pregnancy... she told me that mostly those cramps i have experience is due to the progesterone and the ovary busy making the hormones for the bub c".)

She told me there is nothing i can do with the pain/cramping but just enjoy the pregnancy c".) So i am less worried now c".)

Remember: not all ladies have the same HCG levels at first beta... and B/W is still the most accurate way of finding out if your pregnant...

p.s. anybody having nightmares/unpleasant/crazy dreams on their sleep since the 2ww --- i am sure is --- may it be on my afternoon or normal sleeping time --- gee --- i feel like i am now able to write some scripts for a movie --- not just sure if it will end up ok c".)
sorry pepot not sure if I understood you right? You have been having backache cramping?
yes i do --- like as if you are having your AF --- i am not the worried though as my doctor clearly told me this is also one of those hormones side effects (progesterone) --- just like having a sore boobs --- and the whole tummy, back and waist just feel very heavy...

so hang in there and wait until monday for your b/w if doing hpt upsets you...

Took a HPT and it is BFP. It is almost 14 days since trigger so that should be out of my system and I did 2 tests that was negative in the least few days too so it should be a real one right?

I am so happy I could scream.

I hope everyone else gets the same present.
I will scream with you!!! Yeheey!!!

Oh Happy Day!!!

Congratulations Anetski!!!

Here's to our healthy 9 months c".) Cheers!!!

Thank You LORD GOD for your blessings!!!
Hey Sweetie, i wanted to know how are you ?
Wishing you the best , and i graduated and headin to OBGY
Hi had my transfer wednesday and due to do test on week Sunday but cheated n got a negative :( I done it 3 days after transfer what the chances of it working still help
Hi just joined , congrats, most of your symptoms r like mine, crazy dream n all. I did ET on 11/19. Patiently waiting for my BW
I had a home pregnancy test this morning after 10 days of my first IVF and it was negative. I feel quite disappointed as I thought it would be already on my system that famous hormone. I don't know what to think. :(
this is a really nice chart for the non-medical people! Josie
Hi all - I love reading everyone's posts, makes me feel like i'm not alone on this. I had my 3day transfer last thursday 06/12. I go for my blood test on 06/26 but I'm so impatient and so worried and nervous!!
For those who tested positive did you get any early symtoms before your 2 wks blood test?
Did a 5 day transfer on 7/10/14 I been spotting a little  took a hpt and it was negative dose this mean its over I go for a blood test on 7/24/14 I am so nervous
Omg. I'm just did mine on the 19th.  I'm so nervous. My test is on the 29th.  Do u have to take the estrodiol vaginal pills too?
what is a beta
Hi everyone,
I did a 5 day transfer and had the following results on my HPTs:

6day after 5day transfer - negative
7 day after 5day transfer - not sure as it is a ver faint line
7.5 day after 5day transfer - positive, darker line compared with the previous one
8 day after 5day transfer - positve - used digital EPT

My blood test is not until 2days time - just couldn't resist HPTs.
I pray that this is real positive and not a false one.

Does anyone had an experience of getting positive HPTs and then negative on the blood test?

#Godisgood
Hi guys so lovely reading these stories.
I just had my 5 day transfer Saturday the 1/8/2015 and I'm already getting nervous waiting for the results lol... I do know that doing a hot can still come up positive as I tested the day I had my transfer and I was apparently pregnant lol... Hoping for good news come the 12/8/2015
Hi everyone
It's nice to hear your cases and it made me feel I was not alone (partially). Unlike each of you, I just did my 5dt yesterday through a surrogate (my young sister) she was nice enough to carry for us since I cannot.   The last transfer was 9 months ago and she miscarried identical twins after 8 weeks. She will have her test on 2/24 so I m anxious to know the results since it is my last chance due to age. This time I am more concerned with the pregnancy term (keeping the babies) than the result which is really weird.
It was very nice to see what other girls are going through and feels i'm not along. I've had my 5 day transfer on March 30th, i've been prescribed to take MINI prenatals, vit D,  ESTRADIOL 1 pill in the morning and 1 at night and ENDOMETRIN vaginal inserts 3 time a day. My first home pm preg test on the day 5 after transfer i've got faded positive line, then when i repeated the test in the morning on day 7 i've had positive faded stripe again but it was worse visible i repeated the test the same night and the faded stripe was visible better than in the morning, i wonder why? It is really worry's  me, because every time when i test morning result is worse then night one. I'm thinking that maybe it is because of all medications that i'm taking? Today is day 11 and my blood work is due on Tuesday in 2 days and i'm terrified.
If anybody reads it who has similar situation, just an update my blood work was negative :( I have 4 embryos frozen and starting preparations for frozen cycle.  
I just did a digital test and it came back negative. I had a day 3 transfer on April 20th, 2016. I have been through this 2 other times one started to develop and stop and the other never developed. I go for my blood work on May 3rd, 2016. I hope the test was wrong and the blood work yields positive results. I cam going to continue being positive. Its nice to see everyone sharing their stories, it helps you not feel alone.
What was your result if you don't mind me asking?
Hi - just joining on here. My first ivf chat! I finally got through a natural cycle after many cancelled ones and im 7dpt  3dt. I am on progesterone suppositories 2x day and estrogen 2 oral tablets /day. The hormones are killing me. It just took a hpt and it was negative. I have all kinds of crazy symptoms (tired, starving in the morning, had pinching cramps and now just bad ones, constipated, and my boobs no longer fit any of my bras and They hurt). I cant believe it was negative but Im on so much synthetic hormones that I think that is making me feel these things.  Is it possible its still too early? . I dont go for bw until next Monday! How long do you expect to test positive on hpt after transfer?
Hi there this is the first time I'm posting here , I have 3 heathy girls naturally n me n my hubby decided to a baby boy by going through ivf , we had 2 male embies , frozen , I first one we transferred failed this is the last try , I had the second embryo transferred on Monday aug 15 2016 , my blood test is on Monday Aug 29 ,I did hpt today ( 5dp 5 et ) n got a faint line ( positive ) is that possible ? Thank for the help