Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How long do your OPK's show positive?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

How long do your OPK's show positive?

How long do you ladies get a postive OPK when you ovulate?  Mine has been positive for two days now, I know from history I should ovulate today.  When do you think it will drop low enough to not show a postive?
I have gotten pos for 2 days.  they say to go by the 1st pos. 12-24 hours later.  good luck duper sticky baby dust :O)
i 'm a little confused now.... so when the opk comes out postive , you should bd the next day? or the day of the positive reading? uh oh........ i think i've been doing things wrong.....:O
I would start BD'ing as soon as i saw a positive. Some women get positive OPKs several days in a row. So you are supposed to ovulate 12-36 hours from the time you see a positive. So it would be a good idea for the spermies to be waiting for the egg when it is released. Best days to TTC are 2-3 days before you ovulate and the day of ovulation. I like to be on the safe side, so i would BD the day before, the day of, and the day after O.
So I think I may have Od earlier this week.  So I went and got the preggars test kit and a few opk from dollar tree.  The opk was negative....I didn't test before bc I did not have them on hand.  Is there a chance I conceived.  I've heard the opk stays positive if the egg was fertilized...is that true?
What i have found out from my own experience with OPK's is i usually ovulate 2 days after the day i get the positive. So, for instance, if I get a positive on a monday - i ovulate on wednesday. I have calculated this because of the fact that i typically always get my period 14 days after the 2nd day after i get the positive. (so exactly 2 weeks after that wednesday) and I've read that you are supposed to get your period exactly 14 days after you ovulate. also- i usually stop using the OPK's as soon as i get a positive so i'm not sure how long mine stays positive for.