Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How long does Miscarriage last?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

How long does Miscarriage last?

hi. i was wondering if anybody on here who went through early miscarriage knows how long ur supposed to bleed for? i was 6 weeks pregnant and started bleeding on 9/6 and have not stopped yet. it's making me very nervous!!! i do not want to have a D&C...  :( can anybody tell me if this is normal or abnormal? yesterday i didn't hardly bleed at all just spotting here and there but today i went to the bathroom and the toilet was filled with blood... ??? help?
I think it is different for everyone. I mc at 6 wks and only bled for 2 wks but I know many people bleed longer than that. You should call your Dr and see what they think. They may need to check your levels to see if you still have a lot of HCG in your system and decide what is the right thing to do.
Sorry to hear that. I also went though everything you talked about. I had a dnc for my first one and had bleeding for two weeks. Second i was 6weeks and had on off on off bleeding after two weeks had spotting and then heavy again. I agree go for a check up at the doc.
xxx
I;m really sorry you had to go through that. It is not an painless experience. I have had 3 mi/c and bleed only for 1 week. After that just a little spotting for a couplee of more days. You are bleeding since the 6 and is a quite long period. You should go see a doctor and have your levels checked  to see if they have dropped or no. And sometimes the reason for a long bleeding is that the embryo is not completely dettached from the uterus. You should have a sono. done to see if you are completely cleaned, otherwise you will need a D&C. Take care
I bled for 10 days before I realized it wasn't a period...5 days later it was over, for me...15 days
Yep, that's what I went through back in June. I bled for about 4-6 weeks. I had days where it was lighter than others. And some days were more painful than others.
Have you had blood test to see if your levels are back to 0 yet?  When I had my m/c last year, it lasted about 3 wks.  Good Luck and I agree that you should avoid a dnc if at all possible!  

xo
I was 9 weeks, started bleeding on sept 2nd and stopped on the 16th so exactly 2 weeks. I passed the gestational sac 3 days after I started bleeding
I was told tht I was 5wks n 1day when I actually started spotting I went to the er on tuesday night 09/20/2011 but its was jus a lil spottin n they did a ultrasound n they said my sac was abnormal but I had to right back around go the next day 09/21/2011 n they said my sac was shaped the way its suppose to b n nothin was wrong I was bleedin a lil more the next day 09/22/2011 they sent me home I been bleedin since tuesday it jus stopped today 09/25/2011 idk if I miscarriade r not wht do I do plz help