How long does bleeding last?
I have an unfortunate update in response to my previous post regarding my hcg levels dropping.  Went to er on Dec 21 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat and hcg dropped to 14! I indeed miscarried!(or am in the process) :( My question is how long after a natural miscarriage does one bleeed and approximately how long until your period reaturns?  My last miscarriage ended with D&C and this is my first natural miscarriage.  Also is the wait for ttc the same as with a D&C ,what have people been told by their physicians? Should I be asking to have my levels checked? and how often?  Did anyone have an ultrasound after a natural miscarriage to ensure no retained tissue?
I don't know about the length of time for the bleeding, because I had a D&C with my m/c and with my ectopic as well. As far as waiting to TTC, I believe it's the same amount of time- 1 to 2 cycles, depending on your dr's preference. I believe in most cases, the doctor can determine if the m/c is complete at your follow up exam.

Sorry I'm not much help. Maybe some of the other girls who've experienced a natural m/c can offer more information. I'm also sorry for your losses and hope that you heal emotionally and physically as quickly as possible.
I don't know the answer to your questions, but I just wanted to say I'm sorry for your loss.  This is a great place to be with women who understand what you are going through.
First, I am sorry for your loss,
I had a natualt M/C last December, the bleeding lasted 5 days, with a lot of apin and blotting(tissue passing). I spotted for another 3 days or so. My doc gave me Vicodin to dull the pain, thank good ness. I was instructed, to monitor my temperature- fevers lead to infection. Anyhow, my 1st preiod after was late Feb.
I'm so sorry for your loss.  I had a blighted ovum and m/c naturally at 9 weeks.  My bleeding lasted for about 10 days although the last 4 or 5 days was pretty light.  I got af about 6 weeks later. I had a ultrasound done 3 days after my m/c started only because the appt. had been scheduled before my m/c and my dr. said to keep the appt. anyway, and they checked to see if there was any tissue left.   My dr. did check my hcg levels to see that they went back down to 0.  My dr told me to wait at least 1 cycle before ttc again.  Dh and I tried after the 1st cycle but got a bfn.  My cycle doesn't seem to be back on track.  I had a 34 day cycle last month and it's always been 28 days.  I'm hoping we'll have better luck this month....hope this was some help, good luck to you. :)
i am soo sorry for your loss. i mc'd on 11/30/06 and had heavy bleeding for about 3 days and spotted for 2 or so more. i have had recurrent mc so it has been about the same each time. keep your hopes up and God Bless!
I'm glad someone else posted this question.  My m/c just started yesterday morning and it's so painful.  I had to work too and again today.  I couldn't bear staying at home listening to my family ask why I didn't go to work. I was waiting to tell them but my mom found out accidentally about my pregnancy yesterday and told me I was big fat liar.  So I haven't even bothered to tell her what's up.  But it hurts, I start bleeding bad and then it almost completely stops, then starts again.  I went in to have my levels checked this morning but the results won't be back until Tuesday, stupid holiday.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments this has been so hard.  My bleeding lasted heavy for 4 days then light for 3 or 4 then nothing.I am going for an ultrasound on Friday to ensure it is complete.Hope everyone had a good holiday.
I just m/c Christmas eve. I'm still bleeding and having a real hard time emotionally. I was 11 weeks, due July 20th. I want to ttc again so bad. Is it okay if you get pregnant befor your next period. And will it result in another m/c if you do?