How long does it take to bleed after taking Provera?
Hi girls my last Provera pill was last wednesday and i still havnt had my period,is that normal? I feel so crampy and have slight brownish discharge but that it! All weekend i had cramps and back pain but nw juat a little. Im really worried as im counting on my period so i can start clomid.Anyone with any experience with provera some advice will helpfull.
Usually you should get periods in 5 days. But my doctor Lways said If I don't get the periods in one week to call them. I think you should still call your doctor if you don't get your periods by end of the day today. Good luck!
I took Provera last month so I could also start Clomid also. My Dr. said it could be up to 10 days before you start! For me it brought on the worst, heaviest period I've ever had. My first Clomid cycle was unsuccessful. I did produce eggs, and ovulated just didn't get pregnant. = (  I am going to start my second cycle today. Good luck to you!!
My doc said upto 10 days as well.  Hang in there.... it's comin!  I usually get it in about 3, but there was ONE time that it took all 10!  I was FREAKING out and thinking all sorts of awful things, but it finally happened.  Based on your cramping and spotting, I'm sure it's on it's way.

If you call your doctor they'll probably tell you that even a "spot" is considered your period.  I've never bought this idea and not only did it screw me up my first cycle on clomid, but I can't tell you how many women I've found on this forum that tried to heed that based on their doctor's instructions, knowing they felt like more was to come, and sure enough got their actual, full flow period days later.  Just about a month ago there was a woman in your same situation and started her clomid because she counted the spotting as day one and got her period after she started the clomid.  

My vote is to hang in there!  If it doesn't come by day ten...THEN call you doctor!  But I'm no doctor!  Just someone with lots of clomid and provera experience! ;o)
It took me about 2 days.  
Do you know what dosage you are taking?  I believe that has a lot to do with how long it takes you to start your period.  I take Provera every month to induce a period.  When I was taking 10mg per day for 10 days in a row, sometimes I would spot several days before and sometimes the spotting would stop altogether until my actual period would start.  I am now taking just 1 10mg pill a month and when I take just the one pill it takes 4 or 5 days for my period to start.  I wouldn't worry the discharge is probably a good sign that your period will start soon.  Good Luck!
Thanks guys its just i freaked out thinking it was like taking the pill and period comes couple days later. Im gona hang on untill the proper flow then call the clinic,they also said to call them on my first full flow. I guess im so worrid as i want to start clomid. Thanks so much again i can relax a little xxx
I was recently diagnosed with PCOS.....I just finished my last 10mg provera on 7/24/11 its so nice to have a support page like this with all you ladies helping out and sharing your stories. I find this page to be very comforting! I was searching for answers since I was 14 with irregular periods and I conceived my first son when I was just 20 and I was taking the pill never skipping one. Now I'm 31 and was only diagnosed 2 weeks ago with PCOS.... I have had two miscarriages one which was a tubal in '08' very sad but now my husband and I are trying to stay positive and we start clomid in August so we are praying I start to bleed soon and thst the clomid will help us to conceive :-) lots of luck and baby dust to all you ladies TTC!!
Btw does anyone know how long it can take to conceive on provera and clomid?
My RE said that it could take up to to weeks. Hang in there, it will come!
Thanks Jessica :-) it's so nice to know peiple really do listen and btw I finally got it on the 27th of july and it was finished on the 2nd I took a home ovulation test and I definitely ovulated so the test said anyway.....I'm off to my fertility specialist tomorrow for my clomid and I'm praying all goes well :-)
Hoping to be a mommy by next summer my husband and I are very excited and ready for anything life throws at us. Well hope all you girls are blessed in life and baby dust to all *~~°°°*~~°°*~~°°* <3
Btw the cramps and mood swings were the worst thing I experienced thank god!
It's been many years for me. My youngest is now 16 years old. But my experience with Provera and Clomid was that it took a good 6 months taking both meds before I became pregnant. I used this process to conceive my first, second and third children. My son (my fourth) was a complete surprise with no meds. Good luck to you all! Don't give up! :-)