How long does laparoscopy surgery take? Are you awake or asleep?
JUST WONDERING I GO ON THE 22ND FOR LAP HAVE MANY QEUSTIONS LIKE HOW LONG IT TAKES,ANY PAIN AFTER, HOW LONG BEFORE TTC AGAIN AFTER SURGERY,SHOULD I TAKE ANYONE? HOW MANY PEOPLE GOT PREGNANT AFTER HAVING PROCEDURE DONE?
Hello... I had a Lap done on July 27th...I am not sure how long it takes but you are completely knocked out... I have an IV and everything...Don't remember a thing, thank goodness! When I woke up I was not in much pain b/c of the demerol shot they gave me in recovery (in the butt-I did not care!) I even went out to dinner after b/c you cannot eat before surgery...HOwever, I didn't realize that I was bleeding (out of my bellybutton (that is where one incision was) and I had a light colored shirt on...so when I got home it didn't look so good...please make sure you sleep in a recliner but not flat...I did that and I woke up with huge gas pain in my shoulder (I guess the gases from surgery will travel)  That was the worst pain and I couldn't get rid of it!!! It took me about 2 weeks to feel somewhat normal...I did this over summer vacation (I work in a school) so I took total advantage and layed around for those 2 weeks...If you have any other questions please let me know...good luck to you,,,
You're under general anesthesia, so you won't remember a thing. The length of the procedure depends on what the doctor finds and corrects. I know you think you only have a blocked tube, but he may find adhesions, scar tissue, or a cyst that needs to be removed. My procedure was 4 hours long. As far as when you can TTC again- that also depends on what is done during the procedure. You literally will not know the extent of the surgery until AFTER it's over.

I had mine done on a Wednesday and returned to work the following Monday. I had 4 incisions, but many people only get 2. You'll be given a prescription for pain meds afterwards.
Thanks so much you are so educated on this procedure I am so thankful for all advice. It's ggod to know that you had it and have now become pregnant I am so happy for you!!!!!
I have had 4 lap surgeries and would rather have them then the other. I have had cyst,endometroisis, scar tissue and a blocked tube plus other "weird" things and I have never been in more then 1 1/2 hours. I to had it done on wens and back to work on Monday but I still had to take it easy. The gas pain can travel and be VERY painful but my doctor told me to walk around when you could and it would help with the pain. It did some but it still hurts. Last year I had a lap done in November and was pregnant in January-I did m/c in March but it had nothing to do with my surgery. Good luck!
I forgot, it took about 2 hours and I was knocked out.  you should have someone to drive you home, too.
I had a lap done Dec. 13.  All went well, they found some endo, removed some.   My recovery time was only about 3 days and they do the surgery BEFORE you ovulate.   We were good to TTC that weekend (surgery was on Wedneday).  No problem.  But no baby that month.
After the surgery I got a cyst, so i could not start the injectibles like I had planned.  
BUT IT DIDN'T MATTER... WE CONCEIVED ANYWAY THE MONTH AFTER THE LAP.   I am so freakin happy!
I am so glad I did it and it was worth the time of being uncomfortable!
GOOD LUCK!  
I have undergone lap surgery after two days I could  see some fluid coming out from one of the stitch, but the doctor told to take some infection. i am scared can somebody advise on this please
sorry it is infection tablet
hi if you have had a cold the week befor your surgery and you are more or less cleared up will it be dangerous to have the general anastetic?
are they prepared for breathing problems with a patient during surgery? im also an asthmatic that has breathing problems during the winter? im having my surgery in 2 days