Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How long will it take to get my period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

How long will it take to get my period?

I was diagnosed with PCOS, and have been prescribed with MedroxyPROGESTERone (10mg) and MetFORMIN (500mg).
I was instructed to take one Medroxy pill for 10 days before bedtime, every month for 3 months.  Along with one Metformin pill for 2 weeks every night before bedtime, then continuing with 2 pills every morning after the 2 week bedtime sequence.  
I finished my 10 day Medroxy pill yesterday night. And was wondering how much longer it would take to get my period. I was irregular and didn't have a period for a long while. My doctor warned my first period would be extremely heavy and could last for up to 2 weeks. I have been cramping but have yet to get a period. Does anyone have any information or personal experiences to answering this question? Please and Thank You.
I have taken both meds before and have PCOS too. Usually in a few days after stopping the progesterone you will get a period. if it doesnt show up after about a week of being off it you should phone your Dr for further instructions.
Good luck to you!
Ginger