Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How many months after an HSG did you get preggo?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Just curious - how many months after an HSG (counting the month of the HSG as the 1st month) did you get preggo?

Also, can you tell me a bit about yourself. As an example: I am 30 yrs old, had 1 m/c 1.5 years ago after first round of injectibles, no luck since. Just found out 2 days ago (through a HSG) that my right side tube is blocked and left side is wide open and good.

Thanks - girls. Since I came back I am more obsessed than ever with finally getting preggo and having one that sticks this time :) Hugs and SSBD to all!

Jen
13%
 (2) 
1st month (same month as the HSG)
13%
 (2) 
2nd month
13%
 (2) 
3rd month
20%
 (3) 
more than 3 months
40%
 (6) 
Still waiting...
15 Members voted
Hey you!
I'm almost 30, 1 m/c after 1st IVF. One lap, 3 iuis and currently doing another IUI this time with Follistim.  My tube looked block during my HSG but turns out it wasn't during the lap.  And yeah...I'm still waiting!
I hate to say it, but my HSG was in February (on my birthday!!) and I'm still waiting . . .
I'm 24, had 1 m/c in Dec '05, my daughter was stillborn Dec 17, '07 at 36 weeks, both concieved naturally, and am currently 22 weeks pregnant w/ our 2nd daughter- did injections/hcg/iui and on the same cycle had our hsg! We actually had the hsg 5 days before I ovulated, so I think it really helped get our 3rd miracle! :) Good luck to you!!
I had an HSG in April.  Tubes were clear, but still no BFP.  Just had a lap done 2 days ago and it turns out that i had endo around one ovary.  They did another hsg while they were in there.  Tubes are still clear and adhesions were removed fom ovary.  Hopefully this surgery will help.  I'm sure that having tubes flushed again will help things too!

Fingers crossed.

Gigi  
I'm 37 & I had my HSG in October of '08.  I had a m/c (conceived naturally) in April of this year & thanks to IVF, I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant! =)
Crappp! :) Thought I would get a million people that said "1st or 2nd month"... Oh well, I go in on Tuesday to talk to the RE again about what "options" we have. He probably thinks I am a freakin loonie bird. I was in tears before he even started the HSG. And then when I saw the stupid right tube was blocked, I lost it even worse.

I think I have a vague plan in mind. I want to do 2-3 IUI's with meds, 1 IVF (in the summer) and hopefully a FET if needed (and if we get enough embryos from the IVF). Then I think we just might be done for good. So, I guess we will see. I am praying that when (if) we get preggo (and it holds), we have at least twins. I don't see us going back in for anymore of this. My insurance allowance for fertility will probably have run out by the time we get preggo so here's hoping for at least two babies if/when I do get preggo. Anyone else hoping for this too?

Jen
I got my BFP with my ds a month after doing my HSG! (maybe a coincidence?)  I really thought this poll would show more BFP's after the hsg ;(
I got preggo the same month as my hsg, I was 22 when it was done, and our problem was low sperm count.  My sister who was 25 also got preggo the same month as her hsg, they had been trying for 2 years...unknown reason for the infertility.  Both mine and her tubes were open.  But last year at the beginning of April I had an ectopic and lost one tube.  Got preggo two months later and now have a 5 month old.  And our almost 3 year old from the hsg...
Jen - I'm in the same boat . . . I PRAY for twins.  I NEVER want to TTC again, but I know in my heart I don't want an only child.  I'm running out of time, so if I did get pg with a singleton, the liklihood of us ever having a 2nd is next to nothing.

Come on little eggies - be fruitful and multiply!!!! :)
Jen~
Yeah, I've always wanted twins, but not because I want to quit ttc....It has been a tough journey, but I want more than one. And more than two.   First, let me actually get pregnant and have the baby, then we'll see! =)
I already have a DD that is now 10. I was an only child until I was 16. My brother is more like my child than my brother. I hated being all alone. I want at least two more close in age but am hoping for three (for a grand total of 4 kids!). I teach kids all day and see what/how they are treated by their parents and just want to adopt them all! But noooooo, they won't give them up! Shoot! :)

So, I have confessed my secret. I want 3 more babies and can't even get pregnant again! I have bum ovaries (PCOS) and a bloked tube. Odds of having any at this point seem so low :( Going to go cry now! BOOO HOOO!!!!
I got preggers with my 2 1/2 year old daughter the month after I had my HSG.  Also test did show that both tubes were open and fine. I also was on 100mg Clomid while ttc her. With this pregnancy I am now 16 weeks and got preggers naturally while taking a 2 month break from 150mg Clomid.

Best of luck! I am rooting for you all. :)
I got pregnant the third month after my HSG! I was 37 and now I am 39, going to have another HSG done next month if I am not pregnant now :-) Best of luck to you!
I am 32 years old I did a HSG test in April and am not yet pregnant. Am worried because am running out of time and am getting nervous about not been able to conceive month after month.