Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How many women concieved with one fallopian tube?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

I had my right fallopian tube removed on Sept 19th and wondering what are all my possibilites.....I heard that you ovulate from left to right each ovulation......how soon after the removal did you have your baby????  And I heard the odds of having twins are higher with one tube?
33%
 (2) 
concieved 1-6 months
0%
 (0) 
concieved 7-12 months
16%
 (1) 
concieved over a year
50%
 (3) 
still havent concieved
6 Members voted
I only have one working ovary... it took us till our third IUI (third month with an RE) to get preg.. miscarried, and got preg on our 2nd IUI after miscarriage.. miscarried.. so waiting to start it all again! took us about 5 months after my lap that removed most of my nonworking ovary to get preg the first time
I hope everything works out for u!!! Im sorry to hear what all u had to go through!!
I concieved less than three months after losing my right tube and my son is now 9 months old and we are trying for #2.  Since trying for #2, I have ovulated on the right side (the side without the tube) for 4 cycles in a row.  

There are also two women that I work with that concieved with only one tube,

best of luck toyou.
I lost tube, and overy. I never missed a cycle. My left overy kicked in and compinsated for my left being gone. It just started kicking out the eggs every month. It did take me quite sometime to conceive but it had nothing to do with my tube or egg quality. I have alot of scar tissue that was catching my egg every month. So it couldn't make it to the tube to become fertilized. BUT one finally made it through, all on its own~ So don't give up! ((HUGS))
Tanker---thanks I needed to hear some hope for me!!

Kikicoates--thats what u call a miracle!!!!!!!  I hope I have the same joy at the end of this!!
I had my right tube removed due to ectopic pregnancy in 03. I have some scar tissue in the left tube, and have been trying to concieve (conceive) since the ectopic pregnancy. If all else fails you still have IVF. If your ectopic was due to Endometriosis there's a high chance you will concieve (conceive) with the Invitro. Please dont give up!! It will happen. XO-Jamie
I conceived 1 month after my surgery.
HI, i lost my left tube due to ectopic, and thought that was it, never gonna be able to fall pregnant, but four years on we now a gorgeous three year old son and now hoping for another. so never give up and good luck all
Love the positive stories!
Hi, I am new to your forum and only came accross it when I was searching for the answer of Ovulating. My question is this I have one fallopian tube. My right flptb was removed on May 14th 2010, due to an ectopic pregnancy. I have since then gotten pregnant unexpectedly but soon after had a miscarriage. I wanted to know who do we go about calculating which ovulation in one month is the correct one for getting pregnant. I have come with an on an off season, which I calculate as such.
May off
June on
July off
and so on until it comes back to May. I also know that we ovulate on both sides even though we may only have one fallopian tube. I just want to know since some ovulation accurres twice in one month which would be the one for the left fallopian tube. I really want to get pregnant for my boyfreind who has no kids but really wants one with me. Pls help
Hi ladies,I had an eptopic in 2005 and had my right tube partially removed.I have been TTC for nearly 2 years with no result as yet.Have a failed IUI with injectables and now just finished my 3rd cycle on clomid and in the TWW.Its not impossible it just takes a bit longer.So im hoping for a BFP soon SSBD to all you ladies.I value all the help and support as its good to know your not alone thanks Bev XX
My mom conceived two children with 1 ovary- seems like a similar situation.
hi i have a couple of questions to who ever can help...first i had an ectopic which lead to a burst tube in 2007 so i have 1 tube with two ovaries.  i went on to have my son in 2009 and when we ttc #2 i got prego right away my levels were not rising normal so the doctor advised i get the methotrexate shot because of my past ectopic.  the doc believed i was just miscaring but didn't want to take a chance with my good tube.  i just began using the clear blue easy fertility monitor and it said i ovulated last month.  so here is my question would the monitor show that i ovulated if it was in the side with the bad tube?  do i now ovulate every other month?  does the good tube compensate for the bad one?  please help with answers i have looked every where on the internet!  also i can tell a huge change in my cm every month would that still happen even if it was an off month? thanks
I conceived again about 2 weeks after surgery. And had a second tubal surgery. The 1st was nov 18 08 and the second was january 22 09. And now I have a beautiful baby girl who was conceived 8 months after the 2nd surgery. And 1 month of trying. It will happen. Don't give up!
how do you know what side your ovulatiıng on ?
i only have my left tube and both ovarys
and i have been trying 6months ?
I just had my right tube taken out on april 17th 2011, I am concerned becuase still healing from surgery im very uncomfortable and feel sick 24/7  when does the sickness go away?

Also i have both ovarys still when do i know when im ovulating and what not?? Help please!

Jess
I'm having my fraternal twins and having miscarry due heavy flow during 7 weeks. Then the other week i found out i still preggie with alive at my tube. My right tube burst with any symptom pain. So i lost my tube on 8 weeks. My gyne doc asked to not get preggie at 3 months. before i having 30 days circle, now 27 days. Each month i still got my period.  After 3 months, now i pregnant again without plan. even do so scare i think positive, my baby on right position and safe.. looking forward to ultrasound. Thank God my tube safe.
i think it will go away after 1-2 weeks take a rest on bed. later u will back on track. After 3 weeks on surgrey i having my period again and so on.. I hope this help

Baby dust to all..
my friend was 36-one tube and one ovary.. and she became pregnant naturally and did not even know she was preg until she was about 8 wks along. It happens all of the time, as long as they're on the same side, it may take a little longer but it is certainly possible.
I conceived 6 months later using the clear blue fertility monitor.
Hi how for you know in what side you ovulated? I also have one tube. I'm trying IVF now.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers