Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How soon after clomid should I get a pos OPK?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I just finished my second round of clomid (this dosage was at 150 mg) this past Sunday, April 25th.  It has been 7 days and I didn't get a positive OPK...yet.  Last cycle, it came on day 8, but I had started clomid on days 5-9.  This time, I was told to take them on 4-8, so I was kind of expecting my OPK to be positive a day early.  

My question is:  how long after stopping clomid did it take for you to get your positive OPK?  I know everybody's cycle and body is different, but it's interesting to me to compare.

Thanks!

Babydust to you all...
I think we are all trying to figure this answer out. I just finished my first round of clomid last monday and I take it CD 5-9 so I am now on CD 14 and still haven't gotten a + OPK. I used to get them on CD 11 so now I am confused as to why I haven't gotten one. Sorry I cannot answer this for you but hopefully someone can :)
I hear Clomid can delay the positive OPK, so hopefully it will come, soon...for both of us!  
Need to clarify:  first positive opk came 8 days after finishing clomid.  Not cycle day 8.  I just read my message back and it was confusing!  Good grief! :-)
oh, that makes me feel a little better :) Well, lets hope we both get that +OPK in the next couple days so we don't go nutts waiting!
I got mine on cd 16. I took clomid for this first time this month and took it on cd 5-9. From what I have read, anything up until cd 20 is normal. Remember that clomid plays mind games, litterally. I know it's hard to relax about it, but focus on the good. The longer you wait to o, the bigger and better your egg will be, so to speak. Also, if you are only opk testing once per day, it might be possible to miss it. I was doing mine once or twice per day and only once got a +opk. I waited about 7 hours to test again (I just wanted to see the two dark lines again - hey it's cool for peeps like us) and it wasn't + anymore. I think I caught my surge on its way down.

I think if you give it another day or two, and RELAX (like it's possible) it will happen. Good luck!
also keep in mind that OPks  may not work properly when you are clomid.i'm using clearblue OPK monitor and it does say on the user guide that u may not be able to see positive due to clomid med. although u do O...

so make sure u also checking ur BBT to confirm O...and have BD every 36 hrs
Update:  Today is CD19 and I got my OPK +.   Now to BD and enter yet another TWW.  

PS  How do I get one of those cute tickers like yours, amandamae???
Hi sadie - I took 50 mg from day 3-7 and got my +opk today (CD15). Glad you got yours too!! You can put the ticker on by checking the box below "show ticker" and choose "Ovulation Ticker" (first you have to start an Ovulation Ticker from your home page)...
hope that helps!
SSBD!
I finally got mine too and it was on CD 17.

I'm looking forward to doing the BD tonight and tomorrow -- we won't be able to on Saturday night cuz we'll be out of town for Mother's Day.  I look forward to entering the TWW with you ladies and wish us all a positive HPT in a few more weeks!!  
I'm on my first of clomid 5-9 of which I took my last pill on 9/5/12 and started my opk on the 12/05/12 I have been getting positive OPK for 6 days in a row using a clearblue digital.I dont have pocs and I ovulate on my own days 32-35 been having bad cramps for 5days on and off would I be pregnant?and been b'ding other every day since my first positive opk any answers would be appriciated thank you.