Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How soon can they see a Fetus in an Ultrasound?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi Everyone, My dh and I have been TTC for about 5 months now. In the past I have had alot of Ovarian Cysts that just dont rupture. This past week I got my very first Urinary Tract Infection(painful!!) I was also scheduled for a US because I have not have a period since Nov 22. I took HTP and Neg..they did a blood test in Jan and Neg. But I was wodering if I was 2-4 weeks pg, could they see that on an US? My doc has just now precribed Provera but Im still not certain that I did not concieve (conceive) this past month. I show too many signs of early pg.
a gestational sac should be visible at around 5 weeks and a fetal pole visible around 6 weeks.

I had an ultrasound at 5 weeks 6 days and all that was seen was a gestational sac, nothing else.
I went in at 8 weeks exactly and everything was there just as it should be.
So don't expect to see much--and don't worry if things aren't seen. It's perfectly normal.
sO SHOULD i WAIT TO TAKE THE PROVERA...BECAUSE I DONT WANT MY PERIOD TO START IF I AM PG.

I HAVE ALSO NEVER HAD A UTI BEFORE. IS IT COMMON TO GET A UTI IN EARLY STAGES OF PG?
have you taken a blood test to see you if have a + hcg count?
have you taken a blood test to see you if have a + hcg count at this time?
My last blood HcG Test was the beginning of January.  At that time it was below 4.  I have not taken another blood count as of yet.
Yes UTI's are common when pg.  good luck
Your AF won't start if you're pg. Long ago, it was actually used as a pregnancy test. If a woman suspected she was pg, she was given Provera. If AF started, then she wasn't pg. If it didn't, then it was assumed that she was pg.
i had an ultra sound a week ago and they saw nothing just a black sack but they estamated me at 5 weeks and a few days should i worry cause they did a vaginal ultrasound  and still saw nothing
Hi!  The earliest u/s I've had and seen a fetus was 6 weeks. Had another u/s 2 weeks later and seen the heartbeat! Have it all on video. But that was 10 years ago!! :)

*My cousin, who lived with me, took a home test and it was positive. She was 5 weeks along. Took her to the Dr. Their urine test was neg. They wanted her to take the Depo shot. I told them NO! I told them to do a blood test and if it was neg then she could take the shot. Well, they did, and sure enough she was pg!! The nurse told me she was so sorry and my cousin was lucky to have me. She was 17 and scared to death!! Her little girl is now fixing to be 6 in a cpl days! **So don't take or do anything until you know for sure!!**

Good luck and God Bless!
Hi...I really need some advice...I went to the emergency room a couple of days ago for fear of something really being wrong with me. I had all the pregnancy symptoms but I looked past them assuming that something was really wrong with me. The doctors tested my hcg and it came back positive. The only thing is it was 6.3...and 5 and below is negative. They said I had to be miscarrying because my hormones are so low but I have no idea when I could've because I haven't bled in a month. I'm confused about this...any tips would be greatly appreciated. Does prenatal pills cause baby hormones?
I had some vaginal bleeding after sex and went to the er. My hcg when I first found out was 42 now it 1172 I'm scared the first blood count was a week ago should I be alarmed