Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How soon can you TTC after D&C procedure?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi ladies, with my PCOS syndrom (syndrome), how long should I wait before starting a new cycle of TTC and taking medicine and all that nonsense? How many months, weeks? When can I start TTC after d&c? a week, two?
Thanks!
Hi Anya! I just sent you a note...but I think most doctors want you to wait for at least two normal cycles before trying again after a D&C....just to let your lining rebuild properly and to give your body a chance to get back to normal first. I'm not sure if it's different for women with PCOS, though. Take care!
Your dr would be the best one to answer that. My dr gave me a green light 2wks after my d&c at 12wks. I had a follow up appt a week after the d&c to be sure the cervix had closed properly and was told to wait one more week.  I have also seen some drs tell women a minimum of 3 cycles.

Different conditions can change the length of time. With the meds, etc. I would put a call in to the nurse to find out what they recommend for you personally. I hope you don't have to wait very long :)
Thank you Tina...with my PCOS syndrom (syndrome), I can't O by myself so Iam given lots of drugs...I m going to have d&c done either this week or next and then my doc says that we MIGHT start trying ONLY in July!!!! that seems like a lifetime to me!!!

So your d&c went ok?
It went fine as far as the procedure goes. Emotionally, it takes a long time. I went in around 8am and they did lab work and put in IV. Within an hr they had me in the anesthesia room. They knocked me out cold in there and I was back in my room within a 1/2 hr. They gave me an IV of Pitocin. Which came with no warning. After I got home, contractions from the Pitocin started. That was the worst part. Not only was it physically painful, having contactions and not getting a baby for the effort is really wrong in my book!

I took the next day off work, which was a Fri, then back to work on Monday. I did bleed off and on for a week. It was only about 3hrs or so at the hospital itself. I was glad they got it scheduled so quick after the baby died. I saw him moving and his hb one night, then the next am it had stopped from a torn placenta. The did the d&c the next day.
Wow....I don't understand why you had contractions from Pitocin?
Is it anasthesia? If yes, you should only had cramps from the procedure and bleed a lil bit, but that's it!!!
Emotionally I was depressed for a while and now I just want it over with! For me, it may happen this friday or next week...I wish for this Friday.....