How soon can you get pregnant after removal of mirena coil?
Hi, I had my Mirena coil taken out on 30th sep, 12 days ago and i was wondering how long after would it be that i could possibly become pregnant?? My period was  ment to start on the 7th oct but it hasnt, is this due to the removel of the coil or is there a chance i could be pregnant??
hi i have a question i had my idu removed on 25th of june had started to bleed on the 26 which was the next day stoped on the 3rd of july nd yesterday i was ovulating could i get pregnat ?
i had my coil taken out on MONDAY 9TH  JULY 2012  i had sex the same night and the morning after on the TUESDAY, bled soo bad on the WED and so bad today Thursday.... i hope it stop soons... i dont know how to find out if im ovulating ? any help..... i cant wait for the day i can tell my husband im pregnant i think i wont be able to get preg cuz im stressing my self out every day thinkning about it too much !! x
me to had mine removed on june 28th and i found out yest. im pregnant yeah!!!!!
how did u remove it i really want to take mines out do u just pull the strings
How long did you have the IUD in? Did you stop getting your period when it was in?
Hey Everyone... Im new to this site just had mirena coil removed today 27/07/12.. TTC No:4.. Doctor has advised to have at least 1 or 2 periods.. Fingers crossed hopefully by Sep we'll have some wonderful news all going well..
I took my own Mirena out on May 7, 2012, and today, August 8, 2012, I got a positive pregnancy test! Good luck ladies!
Hi everyone first time here I had mirena inserted for ONLY 3 weeks I was having terrible headaches and mood swings I felt horrible so I removed mirena. I bled for 2 weeks straight I don't think that was my period. However I am worried because I was having sexual intercourse after mirena removal I don't want to have a baby. So right now I am going to hold off on sex praying my period comes.
Hi there. I was told that I might never have kids because of my Endometriosis, but my last two pregnancies have happened even with endometriosis so don't give up hope. I have just had my Mirena removed on the 15 Aug so that I can have my third but not sure how quick it works. All the best
I had my mirena taken out Jan 2012 I've had only one period since then I had the mirena in since September 2007 I already have two boys that were conceived no problem but after the mirena its been so hard for me to get pregnant I've given up on trying to get pregnant but my husband hasn't he wants one more I have taken so many pregnancy tests over the past 7 months its just frustrating I hope all you ladies luck turns around
Im having my Mirena removed tomorrow morning and have been a little worried.. is it safe for me and my boyfriend to immediately start trying for a baby? Ive heard good and bad about this. Any advice is greatly appreciated
I just took out my mirena myself since drs were telling me its OK to bleed from time to time. My time to time what seemed like 6 lite periods in two months. Does anyone know how I can/should calculate my ovulation time since my bleeding was at random?
I got my mirena removed two months ago and bled for a day and a half a few days after removal and haven't had a period since but I have however do adrenal bleed during intercourse, and it stops right after the MD says its normal, does anyone else have this issue?  we have been trying to conceive since I got it removed following all the online advice but still no luck, , any advice? I'm open to all suggestions
oops ment often bleed during intercourse, in my last post, not adrenal
October 5, 2011 I had Mirena removed. My husband and I have been TTC and still nothing. I have taken PT after PT and Ovulation Test after Ovulation Test. I am beginning to think something is wrong with me because every ovulation test I take they are always negative. It's been 10 months since i've had it removed almost a year and NOOOOOO RESULTS. Trying to be as patient as I can be but it really can be FRUSTRATING :( Is it normal not to ovulate after removal of IUD and how long is it suppose to take before ovulation reoccurs?
I had my mirena removed six months ago and they had a lot of trouble removing it. It hurt so bad. I've been trying to conceive every since. I only have a period about once every 1 and a have to 2 months. I am afraid they messed me up takin it out. If anyone has any advice let me know please. :(
im 22 i had my iud placed when i was 17 after having my daughter i had mine removed in august 2012 at my 5 year mark and i had a heavy period the day after and it lasted about three days ive had unprotected sex and its been about a month since removal and i had no periods since the day after removal and i thought i was pregnant took many tests and all were negative even breasts are sore and feeling sick and ache but still nothing and i have started my period today! so pregnancy can and cant happen right away depends on how long you had the mirena in and how fast your body goes back to normal after removal the doctors say to wait after having 2 normal cycles for best results.
I had my mirena placed in 2007 at 17 years of age after having my daughter. I still had periods not regular though. I had my mirena removed in late august 2012 which was at my 5 year mark. I had my period the day after removed and it lasted about three days (very heavy bleeding). Since the mirena has been removed I have been trying to get pregnant and have had no luck as of known yet. I didnt have my period until today and it has been very heavy and clotting. I still have pregnancy symptoms and I am not sure if this is due to the body changing or due to me actuall being pregnant. I have taken several of pregnancy tests and all are negative I'm still wondering if I could possibly be pregnant due to the signs and not having my period for a month and a half or if possibly I had a misscarriage.
i HAD MY MIRENA IN FOR ONE WEEK. I GOT IT TAKEN OUT BECAUSE I COULD NT STAND THE PAIN. SO THAT BEING SAID I DIDNT BLEED FOR TWO DAYS THEN BLED FOR TEN DAYS AFTER. HAVENT BLED FOR A WEEK NOW. I HAD SEX THIS PAST SATURADAY AND STARTED BLEEDING YESTERDAY. I REALLY WANT TO BE PREGNANT. WHEN SHOULD I TAKE A TEST OR SHOULD I GET SEEN TO SEE WHY IM BLEEDING? IM SURE ONE WEEK ON MIRENA CANT MES ME UP THIS BAD..
i had my mirena put in dec 2009, got it removed sept 20, 2012, just took a pregnancy test yesterday, and it's positive!
I had mirena removed sep. 24 2012. I bled two days before removal and about 4 days after. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding since. Today is oct. 30 2012. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!!!  So for all of u trying to get pregnant don't stress about it. It will happen when the time is right!
Had my mirena out 9/27/12, period began on 9/29/12. Ovulated 10/11-10/13/12. Positive pregnancy test 10/23. So, VERY quickly for me!!! :)
I've had my mirena taken out April 2012 and here it is November 2012 and I'm still. Not pregnant. Could it be that I had the mirena in for five year's?
i got the mirena after having my twins 3 years ago i had it removed oct 5 2012 started my period that day it lasted about a week and then for the month of nov i was 4 days later then the time in oct and that one only lasted about 3 days we have been trying for a boy just dont know how long it will take for it to happen or is there a postablity that i am now?
I had my mirena took out about three weeks ago. Since then I have had a regular period. Lately I have been feeling unusually tired, sore breasts, etc. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?
Hi, I have the mirena in now and I wanna take it out myself because my doctor is about 2 hours away and I want another baby with my husband. What should I do?
Hiya , Im 42 in a few days time , I had my IUD removed early Nov , I had a bleed for 2 days then a few days break and light spotting .
My periods seem to be regular , although i will say to start with i did have sickness and my tummy was quite sore too .
My breasts were a little tender , This lasted for aprox 4 weeks , I was convinced i was pregnant , but by the seems of it its just a side effect from having the coil in for long term , I personally had it in for nearly 5 yrs .
Im trying for a baby and too would rather sooner than later becouse of my age.
Im healthy and quite young for my age , unfortunatly lost 5 babies .
All of my losses have been a pattern , lose one carry one , i have 3 lovely children , im not gona stress , if it happens it happens , if it doesnt then i have my three beautiful children of 11yrs 8yrs & 5yrs ...... At least i have them , I wish you every bit of luck and would just say , dont overdue it as too much can lower the sperm count , I will be honest myself and my hubby used to be like bunnies , we have decided to just try 3-4 times a week and try when im ovulating ........Good Luck To Everyone On Here !!!!!! If anything happens with me then i will update xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I had my iud removed oct 31 and got my period nov 1-7 now it's December 20 and still no period and I've too 2 pregancy test and both neg!!! Can someone tell me what's going on???
well i removed my mirena around thanksgiving...no period as of yet!!!!!!! what should i do?
I just got married and  me and my husband are ttc and I have took 4 pregnacy test and all negetive!! I took mirena out myself last Friday and had sex that following Saturday I want to have a baby with him so bad! My nipples are itching so bad I have acid reflex every once in awhile and I'm always hungry and I've gained some wieght? Idk what's going on? If anyone can help me figure out what is going on??
Hi every one , I'm just wondering if any one could give me advice I have 3 beautiful babies all grown now. I've had the merina removed and was wondwring if any body copuld give me some advice as to how fertile u become after having it removed ? As I'm planing on having a forth baby x as tips welcome x
My daughter had hers removed in Dec.she got a light period in the beginning of Jan.hasn't had anything since n she took 3tests two were pos n the other neg!could she be pregnant??
I had my median removed last Friday and I had sex the Thursday before. I heard that sperm can live 3 to 5 days could I get pregnant this quick
I'm trying to see do anyone have a clue for me please let me no ASAP.Thanks
I had my mirena for 2 and a half years then got it removed in April of 2012 and its already been a year and still havent got pregnant. My boyfriend and I try almost every day because I dont know when im ovulationg because after mirena my periods have been irregular. Does any One have suggestions or answers on my I havent came out pregnant?
i had the marina coil in for 5 years and decided not to get it renewed and try for a baby, i had terrible bleeding and clottin for bout a month then 3 heavy periods but after that i found out i was pregnant :) im puttin this comment on to show there is hope cos after i read the comments on here i was so disheartened but  would like to share my news to show it can be done. gud luc everyone of yous :)
Ive had the mirena in for 3 days now and ive had bad cramps. no vomiting yet but i kinda want to get it out because if i cant have kids i will be very upset. im 17 and im very scared.. i have no idea what to do.. :'(
My Dr. told me the same thing. Its so the lining of the uterus thickens up for it able to successfully implanted. Which does make sense.
i JUST had my Mirena removed on the 10th of April... had some bleeding for a few days and asa I had sex bleeding stopped.. I am obsessing about being pregnant. I suppose it's unlikely... but possible. It's all I can think about! Ahhh!
Did You end up getting preggo's? If so how long did it take? I am in pretty much the same boat as you were so I was wondering if you could give me an update?
I've had my mirena removed on August 1 2013 I had sex on August 2 2013 my partner and I don't have sex regularly cause I've heard horror stories about getting pregnant immediately after the mirena can end in MC n I'm afraid but we both want a baby today is August 4 2013 no real bleeding only pinkish when I go to the bathroom we badly wanna be pregnant I have 4kids from a previous marriage and he has 1child from his past relationship any advice
you are so TRU i STRONGLY agree...
I took my mirena coil out last Monday and bled within a few hrs for about 3 days..I had it in for 2 yrs and never bled whilst it was in. So would this be classed as a period, or do I wait for that?? I took it out due to wanting another baby (and it zapped my sex drive, and made sex really painful during and after). Now im having period type pain but no bleeding, also nausea during the night and back pain. I cant be pregnant because it has only been out for 10 days and surely my cycle needs to regulate?? Help..  :-)
They say to wait about a month for your period to regulate, so it's probably best to wait to ttc because you never know when you're ovulating. I got mine removed in May 2013 and conceived July 10th, I'm due April 3rd.
I had the coil took out in sep 13 and for the past 7months I've bin try in for a baby its not happened wats going on I they I was them time cause I should of come on Thursday just gone and just now I've started bleeding abit should it happened 3 or 4 days later I've already got children
Hi I've bin the same for 7 months I've bin try in and I should of come Thursday just gone but 2day as its Sunday I've started bleeding don't know how x
I got my Mirena removed at the end of July in 2013.  Its now May 2014 and I have been trying to get pregnant and cant.   I have three girls so I know I can have children even though I was diagnosed with PCOS.  Can anyone tell me how long after Mirena comes out can you get pregnant?  I have had no luck and now I'm getting worried.  Please help!!!
This discussion was closed by the MedHelp Community Moderation team. If you have any questions please contact us
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.