Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How soon can you get pregnant after removal of mirena coil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-367 comments:
mirena out since feb 11. reg cycles....except it always ends up being six, seven, eight, NINE days past when I expect and always neg hpt. I'm disgusted. I think that thing ruined me.
hi peeps.. coil removed on the 7th july and found out today i am pregnant.. so it can be done... good luck everybody..xxx
My dr. told me to wait to TTC until I had at least one "real" period after IUD removal. Dr. said that I would most likely miscarry if I didn't wait. Has anyone else heard this?
I got my mirena out the end of July and had a period on the 17th of August which lasted only 2 days then stopped for one day then I spotted for one more day. I am ttc and really want another baby. I already have two boys and really want that baby girl. Please give me any advice that u can think of. I haven't have any luck so far. I read some great quick pregnancy stories after an iud. Just hope it works for me.

Baby dust to all ttc :)
I Got my IUD removed about 4 mnts ago and still haven't been able to get pregnant we have sex about everyday but nothing seems to work. Anyone please give me advise what can I do all answers welcome.
Hi everyone, I had my Mirena removed on 15th Sept and had some spotting a couple of days later but nothing since so I'm not sure when to calculate my ovulation days - can anyone help? Also does anyone have any advice as I also have Endometriosis and had to have an ovary removed last year....I'm scared I wont be able to conceive but have heard a couple of people say that they have conceived even with Endometriosis, how common is this? Many thanks and good luck to everyone I look forward to hearing from you xx
Hi, I'm 37. Had mirena removed 8/3/11 (in since Nov '07). Bled a little, mostly when wiping, then increased to a light enough for a pantyliner bleed, then stopped. TTC a few days later & very heavy bleeding followed for a couple of days then stopped.
On 9/16/11 AF showed for couple of days. So, ttc 9/26/11 thru 10/3/11 & had a +OPK 9/29/11. I've had sore breasts, frequent urination, fatigue for a week so today took HPT & got a BFN. I guess it means my period is coming & I have a bladder problem, lol. I have a doctor appt next Monday so perhaps she'll test & confirm a pregnancy or something else. Good luck to you all...SSBD!!!  xx♥
i took my mirena out in june and sicen then i been vomiting and weak and i did three pregnant test and all were native so i do not know what is going
Hi, I had my coil out 3 days ago in am, me and my partner had unprotected sex that night and I've started bleeding today! Is there a possibility I could still be pregnant? Getting bad tummy ache too but putting that down to having coil in for 2 n half years?! We have had it out to concieve (conceive) so would like to know what the chances are of us gettin court? If anyone could help I'd really apriciate it
Hi all. I had my mirena placed in Jan of 07, just had it removed on oct. 10th. I had a very light af on the 18th  Ttc so id be happy to hear any advice to make it happen sooner than later!
i have been thinking of having my mirena removed and .. im admittedly a little scared ...  so a few questions ...  does it hurt to have it removed ? ... i have had it for almost 3 years and my fiancee and i really want to start to try to have a family ... i have been to a former pcp and he wanted to give me hormones to make me bleed but it failed ...
I had the Mirena for 4 years and i just had it removed on October 5, 2011. My husband and I have been trying to concieve (conceive) but for some reason it's just not happening. I have been tracking ovulation and everytime i track ovulation my results have all been NEGATIVE. What is really going on, any suggestions as to what to do? Open to suggestions....I AM SOOOOO FRUSTRATED because we have 3 children our daughter is 6 and we have a set of 4 year old twins and both conceptions happened with no problem at all. Now all of a sudden i feel like i won't be able to become preggo again. PLEASE HELP!!!!
I had my Mirena removed Aug. 8, 2011, my husband & I have tried to conceive since day 1. Its now Nov 4, 2011 and nothing is happening!!! I've had a period every month since the removal but it only last for 3days... The doctor was so worried I would get pregnant right away and asked me to keep it in... then gave me another prescription for another removable birth control. I am beyond frustrated and very discouraged. Any suggestions?
I had mirena for 4 years and i hd it taken out 1 month ago!! i had my menstrual period a week ago and 2 days after me and my feeonce had sex twice in one day and once the next day =)) we want a baby soooo bad!! do yall think im capable of being pregnant ?!¿!!!! and does anyone know that since i had the mirena for soo long and we had a baby befor i had the IUD does that make it easier to get pregnantttt =)))) pleaseee lt me knowww! im extatic Lol
I've had mirena for 4 years now.  I have an appointment to have it removed Nov. 29th, but going away on vacation the next day...how likely am I to get my period right after?
I had my merena removed in December 2010. I have been ttc since almost 1 year later still not pregnant. I am not sure whats wrong, but I recieved my card from the GYN for may annual pap. I guess I will speak with him about it.
You should, from all I have read just keep tying and have intercourse as much as possible. for the best results and pray . God Bless
I am 35 I am going to have my mirena removed after having it for the last 3 years.  I dont know what to expect. I have ordered clomid 100 mg and im waiting on them to come in the mail. I have also ordered herbs for her # 2 to help me with having a baby ( not a good speller so no big words) by momma kath because I am not sure what life after mirena is going to be like. I also realy want twins. Does anyone have any helpful hints because this is going to be the last child I, am compleatly done after this, on my own that is.God may say more but I wont be trying for any more if I get this one or this set.
hi :) I removed my mirena myself becuse it bothered me came out like nothing. but since i pulld it out like a month ago i havn't had my period yet and it was due last week on the 14th of november 2011. I took a few pregnancy test but their all negative.
I had removed the mirena august of last year why can i still not get pregnant yet ):
I hada my mirena removed last year on august why cant I get pregnant
A little hope for everybody who is trying to conceive :) . I had the mirena IUD for two years, I never had a problem with it except when it was removed, the Dr. who inserted cut the strings too short so they could not get it out. The Dr. has to perform a procedure with a camera to be able to take it out. I got it removed on September 9th, two days later I had the regular bleeding associated with the removal and lasted like for a week. Two weeks after that I got my regular period, in October my period was late for a week and I believe was my body still adjusting to normal. Yesterday on November 24 th ( Thanksgiving day) I took a home test and I am pregnant :) , Today I had a blood test to measure my hormones level and the nurse says that it looks like I am 4 weeks. So in conclusion it took us a month an a half to conceive after the removal of my Mirena iud . Good luck to everybody :)
All depends of your body, are you eating healthy? exercising ? and trying to predict your ovulation day? being healthy is an important factor. Go talk to your Doctor I am sure they can give you some ideas and maybe do some fertility test . I wish you the best , Good luck
Sarah in October which my period was late ( a month after my iud removal) I took tons of pregnancy test and they were all negative, I think is because our body needs time to come back to normal. Now I was able to conceive in November, keep trying but I will recommend to go get yourself check with a Dr. just in case, because it is not recommended to remove the IUD ourself. I am sure your body is just trying to get to normal . Keep trying and good luck :)
When mine was removed I start bleeding next day for an entire week and a really heavy bleeding
Kayla yes you could be pregnant, but do not have sex more that once per day, because the sperm count is going to be low, you need to give time to those little guys to grow again, and also give them time to live inside you. They said that once you have sex again the older ones get kill, what my husband and I did was to try to predict my ovulation day , during that week we had sex each other day and we got it :D . Good luck !!!
ok i had mine removed dec. the 8th and i only bleed for 3 days after the removal is this normal and we are really trying can you offer any tips
I had almost 2 years with my IUD (paragard) and I had unprotected sex wit my husband of 7 years... Then I took it out 2 weeks lator... Is it possible that the sperm survived long enough 4 me 2 be pregnant now? I have a week since I removed the IUD and I've been feeling weak... Light headed... And frequent headaches...
hi i had my coil removed 4 months ago had it in for 4 years and just not getting pregnant it's really frustrating that nothings happening and its really getting me down any suggestions how to help
I'm in the same boat as you! I had mine removed 3 months ago and my hubby and I got busy right away....I was hoping to speed things up, but so far nothing.
Sperm can only last up to 7 days, so not possible to be pregnant. The symptoms you are describing sound like the mirena "crash" that is so often talked about on blogs.
My. Coil came out by its self 3 nights ago we had unprotected sex that night and have done the last 2 nights what is the chanse I could get pregnant.
Hi I'm new to all this I'm 25 and iv had mine in for its full term of 5 years its comes out this may on the 21st we want to start trying for a baby but cos iv had it in so long and not had a singal period since it was put in I'm worried it may take me longer to fall has anyone else had it in as long as me with no periods found it hard x
SO HOW LONG IT TAKE I JUST GOT MY MIRENA REMOVED 1-9-12 AND HOW LONG U THINK IT MIGHT TAKE?
I had my mirena removed on december.      14 and I had a heavy menstral flow.       From 17 to 21 dec.now am having pregnancy signs.I think all these depends on ones body constitution. I can still advice dat people dat have stayed long after d removal of their iud to take clomid tablets,it will help with ovulation.pls read d leaflet thourouly in order to take it as prescribed.I know u start it 5days after your menses
sperm only lives a max of 5 days in your body...
Hi i'm 18 about to be 19 and i want to have another baby. i had just taken my coil out about  week or two now. I really want to try and have another baby and see if i can get a baby boy since i already have a baby girl. Is there any possible way where i can get pregnant sooner???
It has been a week now since my coil came out we had unprotected sex every night that week befor  it came. The night it came out and every night since. The coil came out on the Friday then on the Monday and Tuesday a a little but of spot bleeding well If u can call it that it was a little brownish stain when I wiped my self. A few times. Then it stopped got it agine the Wednesday n thursday night but only after sex. I took 2 pregnancy test on Monday they was both very faint Posotive lines then 2 the next day was negative. I should have started my period yesterday but so far nothing. So I am very confused
I had the ten year coil and recently had it removed after the 5 year mark. We have 3 boys and would love to have a girl. I had my LMP  on Dec 5 which was only 3 days long. I had my coil removed on Dec 15, and have not had a period since. I do have some signs of pregnancy, but can I be pregnant so soon?
I got mines removed recently Jan 16 to be exact my period started immediately and lasted till the 22nd then on the 23rd it started up again and here it is 2 days later and its still here!! BTW did you conceive??
Hi there,
I had a mirena in for 5 years and then another for 4 years totaling 9 years,
I had it taken out on the 3rd of december 2011 and i can honestly say it hurt, my doc tried and failed coz she couldn't find the strings i then had to see another doc who gave me a local a, she then discovered i had a tilted womb, which makes it slightly harder to get out, but all women are different with some the lucky ones they get no pain but me i got alot, i hope your one of the lucky ones before you go take a couple of paracetamol that can help, I had my mirena taken out because i have one child who is 11 and autistic and my partner has a 9 year old both are boys i would really like a girl, we've been trying since i had the mirena out no joy yet, i get depressed everytime my p comes my partner tells me not to worry we just have to keep trying, but i worry alot as before i had my son i had a miscarriage i was 17 then i had my son when i was 20 and nearly lost him he was born 2 months early after my son i had a further heartbreaking 3 miscarriages that was why i had my mirena fitted i hope when it does happen for us it will be smooth sailing.
I wish you all the luck in the world.
You really shouldn't have another child period right now, you're a little young to be trying for a second. I mean you're only 18 and you're wanting to try for your 2ND!! I'm not judging you, just saying go out and do something with your life, before having two babies.
  I had mine in for almost 4yrs.. i had spotting for 5 months on and off when i got it put in and nothing since. I just had my removed in 1-31-12. I am getting the light spotting and severe cramping, but not enough for a liner. I would think that it might take a little longer for our bodies to adjust back to normal. I have 3 boys and want to try one more time for a girl before i am done for good. I am going to let my body adjust and clean it self out a month or 2 before fully trying. Good luck!!
I also had my 11yr old when i was 20yrs old, and he too is autistic. I have had 2 miscarriages, but have since then, i had 2 more beautiful boys. I just had my mirana taken out  this month, and hope to have one more before calling it quits. Good luck to you, and hope you it all works out in your favor.
Hi all I had my coil out on 13th Dec 2011 I came on on the 19th Dec never miss one but I have missed my Jan did pregnancy test they sed negative but the is no sign of me cumin on I feel sick in mornings what do u think it could be????
Waiting is the best idea.  I had mine removed Dec 7th. We began trying immediately.  I had a +hpt on Jan1st. Today, at 4w4d I found out that I miscarried. My MD told me it is best to wait to have 1 or 2 regular cycles. Now, I have to wait 2 more cycles to try again. Don't do this to yourself. It's not worth the heart ache.
Hello everyone,
I had my coil taken out 5 weeks ago, and I still have not had any sign of a period, not even spot bleeding. I am confused as most people say they have some sort of bleed after removal.
I am trying for a baby, and worried that due to no period I will be unable to conceive. I have not done any HPTs as i do not think I could have fallen pregnant only 5 weeks after having the coil removed. I have the coil in for 4+ years, and before that I was on a pill.
What do you think ladies?
What gives you the right to tell somebody not to try for another baby. Just because somebody is young doesn't mean that they are not achieving anything in life. That person came on this site wanting advice not to be told that she is too young. You should really think about what your saying before writing it down. You shouldn't judge.
Hey i had my mirena taken out friday on 10 of febuary 2012 saturday on febuary 11 2012 i had my period after work at 1st it was brown.. i had unprotectd sex last nyte febuary 12 2012 as we havn unprotectd sex i startd 2 bleed red and when i woke up this morning on febuary 13 2012 i pee blood we tryin for a baby could i end up pregnant...
So i had my iud removed on Jan 17th, 2012, and its now Feb 13th.. I feel pregnant-- sore breasts, nasesua, frequent urination, eating more, heartburn, tiredness, etc. I started taking prenatal vitamins Jan 15th. I am ready for a baby, so when should i take a test???
Did you have a period at all after it was removed?  Mine was removed today.  Hoping for a quick conception!
i think you should have been due today! i had mine out on the 23rd of jan, so i think i should be due a period on the 20th, i feel a bit crap at the moment, so im hoping too! good luck!
I come from a family where the women have a lot of reproductive problems. My aunt had severe cysts and endometriosis and had all but a 1/4 of her ovaries removed. She went on to have 7 kids. Her oldest daughter has endometriosis and was getting ready to adopt then found out she was pregnant, she ended up having 2 kids. My girlfriend and my sister in-law had the same issues and still have kids. I just wanted to share this with you so you know you are not alone and it is possible.
Hi. I am 43 and had the merena coil fitted approx 22 months ago. It completely stopped my periods whilst on it which in one respect was lovely. On the flip side I wish I hadnt, as I used to have a regular cycle of anywhere between 28 and 32 days.  It was removed on the 10th January 2012 and had about two weeks of minor spotting, nothing that required towels etc.  My mum was 46 when she had the "change" although she said signs were there much earlier. I have 2 children and am engaged to my new partner and we are wanting to try for our own child and I am hoping that I am not too late. Can anyone help with regards to when I can expect my first proper menstruation or give me any suggestions as t finding out if I am even still ovulating. Myself and my partner have had un protected sex since removal of the coil. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks. Heidi
I had my Mirena for the full 5 years. I had it taken out in 2009, my husband and I were worried about how long it would take us to get pregnant so we did not start any other b/c. It is now Feb 2012 and we are still not pregnant. And now I am thinking about having one put back in because we don't want to have any babies. I think each person is different.
I think it is always best to wait till at least you have had one or two proper periods before trying otherwise there is a greater chance  that you could miscarry.  I had my coil removed dec and i have been lucky to have had monthly cycles, however I  am not ovulating.   I have been taking my temp daily and doing ovulation stick test and looking out for discharge you get at o but nothing.  I guess you need to give your body chance to get back to normal.  Look on web site 'baby mad' for ideas of things you can get to monitor your cycles.  I got pregnant with my second child with very hit and miss cycle but must of still be ovualting so dont worry to much, hope this helps, maz  
I removed my iud on the 14 me and my partner had sex that same day. Today my period started and then stop I feel really sick. Vould be pregnant already
Oh really, well i took a test on Valentines day and it said negative but i guess that doesnt mean anything. i hope i actually am pregnant, i just have that feeling that something is different i figured if i dont get a period by the end of the month i am prego then
Also I only had my iud for 11 mths and i didnt have a period since i had it put in so i dont know my schedule for period or ovulation :( So i just gotta wait!!
did you conceive your story sounds like mine
your story sound alot like mine did you get a positive test
I guess we got to wait to c if we gone become preggo. I'm trying to have another baby my baby girl 2 she will b 3 dis year in June. I know its time for another baby.. I don't know what is ovulation... Im just tryna get pregnant
I had bought a pt yesterday but it said negative so ima try 2 buy another next week and see what it say then. I been tired and urinating most times
hey, i have done 2 tests now! both negative, still no period, very frustrating, loads of cramps but nothing happens, i had my for 2 and a half years with no period, have no idea of my cycle, 5 weeks out now and nothing!!!! anything happen for you yet?
my other account i forgot the pw, but its been almost 6 wks i believe and i feel pregnant but i havent taken a test since V-Day.... kinda scared too, i just wanna be pregnant, i figured since i am sooo young it shouldnt take too long i hope
i still haven't got mine but sick of disappointing pregnancy tests!!!
That's why i dont want to take a test either cause if i am not ill be sad :(
let me know what your next test says :))
So i have had my iud removed since Jan 17th and i still havent had a period.... could i be pregnant....?
I had my IUD taken out yesterday and me and my husband had unprotected sex. We want one more child. I have a 3 year old daughter and 1 1/2 year old son. I hope I do become pregnant right away.. How long should I wait until I take a pregnancy test? We plan on working on making a baby more than just last night.
Well i dont know what to tell you.... i dont know if i am pregnant yet but i feel like i am cause something is wrong with my stomach lol
I know what you mean. The day after I got it taken out, I could not stand the sit of food and that lasted 3 days and my stomach feels weird. i guess, i just gotta wait. lol
Any luck?  I had my IUD out almost six weeks ago.  No spotting or a period since then.  NOTHING.  Pregnancy tests are NOT coming out positive. I keep having major cramping so I keep thinking my period will start the next day and then nothing.  Frustrated...
Same here! i get seem to get a positive testing at all... only negative!
** i can only get negative not positive :((
christinal3-- she is pregnant already!
so i had an iud put in feb 2011, removed by jan 17th 2012, no period during iud, now since its been removed no period yet. I wanna get pregnant right away but my 2 tests have been negative. i feel pregnant thou...i got heartburn, acid reflex, constipation, nausea, frequent urination, sore breasts, etc.... but i took a test valentines day and it was negative then i took one on march 5th and that was negative too so maybe my body isn't ready to get pregnant yet or i haven't ovulated.....  
Im feeling the same i had my coil removed 5weeks & 2days ago, had 2 days after of little bleed but only when i wiped. for the last 3weeks alot of pregnancy symptoms, had a few days where kept feeling faint. headaches, now over the last week achy hips, and period like pains, but still no PERIOD :-( docs didnt say how long it was going to take for my period to return, we have been having unprotected sex since 14th feb 2012.. iv done 4 HPT all negative, could i still be pregnant? and what was your out come? Thanks in Advance. Annelise
I took a test on Thursday and it was negative but took one tonight and it was a faint line but i went to the store and got another one and that one was a negative. what's going on?????
i finally got a period march 14th, so after it ends ill start BABY MAKING :-) It should be over within the next day or so :-)
I haven't gotten mine yet... So, I'm still waiting for it... I don't know what is going on. Pretty soon, Im not going to worry about it anymore cuz it gets frustrating waiting for my period and I don't want to take no more tests.
Iv still not got my period.. work up sunday morning with a little blood in my knickers up nothing more since :-/, going to test in the morning so fingers crossed ill get an answer, Have any of you Ladies found out your pregnant yet? and do you think because our bodies are getting back to normal it will take a bit logner to get a positive test? x
:-/ have you gone to the doctors hun? i would get them to 2 a blood test if my test is neg later & also in the morning ill be making a doctors app x
they don't want to do a blood test. they said come back in about 2 weeks and get a urine test done. I haven't found out yet.and I don't got the money to buy another test.
Took a pregnant test and negative. I give up.
Aw :-( yeah i did one on tuesday and it was negative but i did do at lunch time and im in the same boat as you :-(, iv had coil out six weeks now and no sign of period returning so not sure what the hell is going on but cant stand the mood swings ect and the not knowing. If i dont have my period by next wednesday im going to get a doctors appointment.
i had my IUD taken out on may 13 the doc didn't tell us any thing about miscarrying so we started that day and have been ttc since then to soon for test to show but now i am worry about miscarrying seeing the other post because i had my period when it was taken out what do y'all think did we start to early?
I hate the waiting game and everything. It is so frustrating and not getting a period and not getting pregnant. It is so frustrating.....
yes i totally agree with you :-( hope it happens soon for you x
i had my mirena taken out 4 weeks ago and i bled a lil the first week for 2 days then bled again last week lasted 4 days, have had sex everyday since iud out. Now for a week i have had morning sickness, the smell of the food i loved now mkaes me throw up, and no more bleeding, but all home test r negative :( anf bllod test at doc negative but she said i have all the symptoms but might b too early to show up. How long does it take to show positive if i am, im tired of waiting! HELP!! thanks!
i had mine out 6weeks ago. and im havign the same as you apart from im not having morning sickness.. i had a few spots of blood on sunday but nothing more since so i dont know whats going on :-(. and i have asked the same question how long does it take to show pos? x
I had my coil removed last month and it did not hurt at all and was removed quickly
have your periods returned yet? i have mine out 7weeks ago tomorrow and im still waiting on my period x
Hi I am away to get my coil out next week I hav had it for a period of 9years been changed once!me and my husband want to try for a baby just not sure how long will take.I haven't had a period for 9years so bit scared abot that!
hi.. i had my coil out 7weeks ago am im still waiting for my period. got lots of pregnacy symptoms but tests are neg, got a docs app for thr 11thh april so hope i come on or get a + test as its driving me mad as were ttc, x
  I'm new to this I got my Mirena taking out in Dec of 2011,After having for almost 4 year. (Due to Pian in my lower tummy area). I am 35 and wanting one more baby.  I am a mom of 3. I have gotten my Period since I got it out. My obgyn told me to wait 2 months before trying. Will i'm still trying. Just waiting for the day it comes.I read that you shouldn't have sex everyday cause it could lower sperm count. Thanks for all the information, I found it very calming to know that I am not the only one trying..

*******GOOD LUCK TO ALL*****************
hi there. i got my mirena removed on 3\22\12, and have been having sex about 2 times a day ever since then.. now could it be possible that i am pregnant??..(when should i be expecting a period cause i have no clue when i should take a pregnancy test. help lol
hi, i had coil out ten weeks tuesday and im still waiting for my period. were having unprotected sex have been since coil was removed, take 5 tests all neg havent done one for about two week so im going to do one tomorrow. x
hi i had mines in for 5 years also... got it taken out on 13 feb2012... and havnt had a period yet.
I had the coil where I got my periods every month have had it removed after almost 5 years due to infection and was goin to get it put back in again after I finish the course of anti bs. I have had a very light brown gunk last weekend and now I am having heart burn, tiredness, mood swings and sore breasts. Unprotected sex once a week past Saturday done a test but think it may be too early.. Please tell me this is a normal side effect? <3 to u all.
Hi...well I got my iud removed 2wks
Ago..and never really got a period with the iud....I have been bleeding spotting off and on since and have had unprotected sex.....today im feeling neasous threw up 3x's tbrough out the day feeling tired.....my boobs were sore yesterday..cant stand the smell of food...I took a pregnancy test today and its came out negative......could I be pregnant already???? ...this would be my 4th child  but 5th pregnacy if I am...my body feels its is???? What do ur guys think????
i had my iud in for only 2 months from 12/21/2011....i got it removed on march 1 2012...i been ttc ever since i had it removed....i had got my af 2 days after i had the iud removed....i had unproteced sex since march 1....i had pregnancy symptoms such as food craving, stomach pains, headaches, naseau and i was eatting like every 2 hrs...took hpt and it came up negative...period came 4/5/2012 and it was light not as average as it would always come...period last only 5 days like it always would...does anyone have a solution? all advice are welcomed.
My OB told me that new research shows that's it's best to actuall have sex everyday from the 10th-18th day of your cycle.  Thy way you are sure to catch your ovulation regardless how messed up your cycle is.  It used to be believed you need to take a "break" between days to give aperm a chance to rebuild count ...apparently this is not the case.  The best way is to bombard the womb with sperm everyday from day 10-18 and then it's like an ambush when the egg falls!  Did that for both my kids and succeeded both times!  So start having sex on day 10 after the 1st day your period starts and keep doing it till day 18.  Good luck!!
Exavtly one week ago I had the coil taken out but I was ovulating when I had it taken out and since them I have ha unprotected sex with my partner.... What are the possibilitys of me being pregnant???
hi. ive never written on here before... but i feel like im in the same boat... i had my mirena taken out 5/15.. had very little pink spotting for only an hour afterwards... had sex twice 5/16. Then, on 5/18 i got a little back cramping and white discharge (thinking ovulation)... had sex again that night.. what are the chances.??   now, 5/19 morning i have very light spotting but only when i wipe...
my doctor told me i would have very heavy bleeding in 2-3 days after removal...
omg im the very same      always have a late period think im pregnant then a neg  test  ........ whats goin on
omg im the very same    ......whats going on ....... i got preg so quick on my two girls an now nuthing
My dr told me not to do that everyday try and do it every other day atleast. So his sperm count will be up. I got pregnant within 2 months after hearing that. Good luck.
I removed my own Mirena after having it in for 18 months on the 7th of May. As soon as I removed it, there was light spotting, and a small amount of discomfort. I never had a normal cycle while using Mirena. I started my period on the 9th. (Very heavy, with clots) I have been working on making a baby since, but not watching my ovulation, or taking temperatures or anything. I have plans to take a home pregnancy test on the 31st. (which would be the week before my missed period) I have been feeling like I could be pregnant, but a lot of symptoms of pregnancy, are the same as PMS. We'll see shortly! Good luck, ladies!
Hi i had my coil out bout 6 weeks ago i didn't bleed at all after removal and have not done since i do not no when my period is due as I never had one wile my coil was in for 5 years we have been ttc since removal because my period has not come yet i took a hpt just on the off chance but nothing is this normal or could I be pregnant just to soon to find out I do not have any children so this is very new to me plz help xx
Ok so i just had idu removed a week ago. My fiance and me want a baby. i already have  one. can i get pregnant right after if its my ovulation time.
Hello, i just had my mirena removed yesterday monday 2, 2012 my hubby nd i are TTC. We had intercourse the same niqht the mirena was removed and todayy i feel really dizzy and i have a huge headache and liqht bleedinq with lots of fatique someone pls qive me some advice on this im not sure if this is the mirena crash because i think it is hiqhly impossible that i can be pregnant in a day after removal. thank yhu :)
Ok I am thinking of having mine removed, I have had mine for 4 years, thing is I have never stopped having my period with it in..it is as normal as it was before I got it. So i don't know what to expect when I get it out. My husband and I want to have one more baby..I hope it works
The reason your doctor said to wait a bit to TTC after removal is because Mirena works partly by thinning out the lining of the uterus. Your body needs time to build the tissue back up, to be able to hold the weight of a baby.
I'm getting ready to get my mirena out and I'm a little nervous. My husband and I are going to Mexico for two weeks and are hoping to conceive there. I don't want to take it out too early, but at the same time if I take it out to late i could end up with my period during that time. This will be my first child so I'm really excited.
I had my coil removed on 8th june after having it for 2yrs, and had a very light bleed 2days later for 4days. For the last 2 weeks, like alot of you, i have been feeling sick, light headed, sore breasts, hot flushes and i was 99% sure i had to be pregnant, even though me and my OH have actively been TTC since having the coil removed, its not on my mind all the time.. we're trying to let nature take its course, but feeling sick for 2 weeks i took a HPT today and its Negitive. after reading everyones posts im slighty relieved that im not the only one getting pregnancy symptoms but getting a neg test. could it be just our hormones and our bodies trying to get back to normal? its a bit disappointing feeling like this without actually being pregnant! lol So im 3 days late for my period which is frustrating, but i read somewhere, and also my GP told me that it can take 9weeks for your normal cycle to return.  Has anyone here been the docs and got a postive test since getting a negitive at home?

Good luck to everyone trying, i hope it happens quickly for you all :)

L x
hi i have a question i had my idu removed on 25th of june had started to bleed on the 26 which was the next day stoped on the 3rd of july nd yesterday i was ovulating could i get pregnat ?
i had my coil taken out on MONDAY 9TH  JULY 2012  i had sex the same night and the morning after on the TUESDAY, bled soo bad on the WED and so bad today Thursday.... i hope it stop soons... i dont know how to find out if im ovulating ? any help..... i cant wait for the day i can tell my husband im pregnant i think i wont be able to get preg cuz im stressing my self out every day thinkning about it too much !! x
me to had mine removed on june 28th and i found out yest. im pregnant yeah!!!!!
how did u remove it i really want to take mines out do u just pull the strings
How long did you have the IUD in? Did you stop getting your period when it was in?
Hey Everyone... Im new to this site just had mirena coil removed today 27/07/12.. TTC No:4.. Doctor has advised to have at least 1 or 2 periods.. Fingers crossed hopefully by Sep we'll have some wonderful news all going well..
I took my own Mirena out on May 7, 2012, and today, August 8, 2012, I got a positive pregnancy test! Good luck ladies!
Hi everyone first time here I had mirena inserted for ONLY 3 weeks I was having terrible headaches and mood swings I felt horrible so I removed mirena. I bled for 2 weeks straight I don't think that was my period. However I am worried because I was having sexual intercourse after mirena removal I don't want to have a baby. So right now I am going to hold off on sex praying my period comes.
Hi there. I was told that I might never have kids because of my Endometriosis, but my last two pregnancies have happened even with endometriosis so don't give up hope. I have just had my Mirena removed on the 15 Aug so that I can have my third but not sure how quick it works. All the best
I had my mirena taken out Jan 2012 I've had only one period since then I had the mirena in since September 2007 I already have two boys that were conceived no problem but after the mirena its been so hard for me to get pregnant I've given up on trying to get pregnant but my husband hasn't he wants one more I have taken so many pregnancy tests over the past 7 months its just frustrating I hope all you ladies luck turns around
Im having my Mirena removed tomorrow morning and have been a little worried.. is it safe for me and my boyfriend to immediately start trying for a baby? Ive heard good and bad about this. Any advice is greatly appreciated
I just took out my mirena myself since drs were telling me its OK to bleed from time to time. My time to time what seemed like 6 lite periods in two months. Does anyone know how I can/should calculate my ovulation time since my bleeding was at random?
I got my mirena removed two months ago and bled for a day and a half a few days after removal and haven't had a period since but I have however do adrenal bleed during intercourse, and it stops right after the MD says its normal, does anyone else have this issue?  we have been trying to conceive since I got it removed following all the online advice but still no luck, , any advice? I'm open to all suggestions
oops ment often bleed during intercourse, in my last post, not adrenal
October 5, 2011 I had Mirena removed. My husband and I have been TTC and still nothing. I have taken PT after PT and Ovulation Test after Ovulation Test. I am beginning to think something is wrong with me because every ovulation test I take they are always negative. It's been 10 months since i've had it removed almost a year and NOOOOOO RESULTS. Trying to be as patient as I can be but it really can be FRUSTRATING :( Is it normal not to ovulate after removal of IUD and how long is it suppose to take before ovulation reoccurs?
I had my mirena removed six months ago and they had a lot of trouble removing it. It hurt so bad. I've been trying to conceive every since. I only have a period about once every 1 and a have to 2 months. I am afraid they messed me up takin it out. If anyone has any advice let me know please. :(
im 22 i had my iud placed when i was 17 after having my daughter i had mine removed in august 2012 at my 5 year mark and i had a heavy period the day after and it lasted about three days ive had unprotected sex and its been about a month since removal and i had no periods since the day after removal and i thought i was pregnant took many tests and all were negative even breasts are sore and feeling sick and ache but still nothing and i have started my period today! so pregnancy can and cant happen right away depends on how long you had the mirena in and how fast your body goes back to normal after removal the doctors say to wait after having 2 normal cycles for best results.
I had my mirena placed in 2007 at 17 years of age after having my daughter. I still had periods not regular though. I had my mirena removed in late august 2012 which was at my 5 year mark. I had my period the day after removed and it lasted about three days (very heavy bleeding). Since the mirena has been removed I have been trying to get pregnant and have had no luck as of known yet. I didnt have my period until today and it has been very heavy and clotting. I still have pregnancy symptoms and I am not sure if this is due to the body changing or due to me actuall being pregnant. I have taken several of pregnancy tests and all are negative I'm still wondering if I could possibly be pregnant due to the signs and not having my period for a month and a half or if possibly I had a misscarriage.
i HAD MY MIRENA IN FOR ONE WEEK. I GOT IT TAKEN OUT BECAUSE I COULD NT STAND THE PAIN. SO THAT BEING SAID I DIDNT BLEED FOR TWO DAYS THEN BLED FOR TEN DAYS AFTER. HAVENT BLED FOR A WEEK NOW. I HAD SEX THIS PAST SATURADAY AND STARTED BLEEDING YESTERDAY. I REALLY WANT TO BE PREGNANT. WHEN SHOULD I TAKE A TEST OR SHOULD I GET SEEN TO SEE WHY IM BLEEDING? IM SURE ONE WEEK ON MIRENA CANT MES ME UP THIS BAD..
i had my mirena put in dec 2009, got it removed sept 20, 2012, just took a pregnancy test yesterday, and it's positive!
I had mirena removed sep. 24 2012. I bled two days before removal and about 4 days after. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding since. Today is oct. 30 2012. I took a pregnancy test and it was positive!!!  So for all of u trying to get pregnant don't stress about it. It will happen when the time is right!
Had my mirena out 9/27/12, period began on 9/29/12. Ovulated 10/11-10/13/12. Positive pregnancy test 10/23. So, VERY quickly for me!!! :)
I've had my mirena taken out April 2012 and here it is November 2012 and I'm still. Not pregnant. Could it be that I had the mirena in for five year's?
i got the mirena after having my twins 3 years ago i had it removed oct 5 2012 started my period that day it lasted about a week and then for the month of nov i was 4 days later then the time in oct and that one only lasted about 3 days we have been trying for a boy just dont know how long it will take for it to happen or is there a postablity that i am now?
I had my mirena took out about three weeks ago. Since then I have had a regular period. Lately I have been feeling unusually tired, sore breasts, etc. Is it possible that I could be pregnant?
Hi, I have the mirena in now and I wanna take it out myself because my doctor is about 2 hours away and I want another baby with my husband. What should I do?
Hiya , Im 42 in a few days time , I had my IUD removed early Nov , I had a bleed for 2 days then a few days break and light spotting .
My periods seem to be regular , although i will say to start with i did have sickness and my tummy was quite sore too .
My breasts were a little tender , This lasted for aprox 4 weeks , I was convinced i was pregnant , but by the seems of it its just a side effect from having the coil in for long term , I personally had it in for nearly 5 yrs .
Im trying for a baby and too would rather sooner than later becouse of my age.
Im healthy and quite young for my age , unfortunatly lost 5 babies .
All of my losses have been a pattern , lose one carry one , i have 3 lovely children , im not gona stress , if it happens it happens , if it doesnt then i have my three beautiful children of 11yrs 8yrs & 5yrs ...... At least i have them , I wish you every bit of luck and would just say , dont overdue it as too much can lower the sperm count , I will be honest myself and my hubby used to be like bunnies , we have decided to just try 3-4 times a week and try when im ovulating ........Good Luck To Everyone On Here !!!!!! If anything happens with me then i will update xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I had my iud removed oct 31 and got my period nov 1-7 now it's December 20 and still no period and I've too 2 pregancy test and both neg!!! Can someone tell me what's going on???
well i removed my mirena around thanksgiving...no period as of yet!!!!!!! what should i do?
I just got married and  me and my husband are ttc and I have took 4 pregnacy test and all negetive!! I took mirena out myself last Friday and had sex that following Saturday I want to have a baby with him so bad! My nipples are itching so bad I have acid reflex every once in awhile and I'm always hungry and I've gained some wieght? Idk what's going on? If anyone can help me figure out what is going on??
Hi every one , I'm just wondering if any one could give me advice I have 3 beautiful babies all grown now. I've had the merina removed and was wondwring if any body copuld give me some advice as to how fertile u become after having it removed ? As I'm planing on having a forth baby x as tips welcome x
My daughter had hers removed in Dec.she got a light period in the beginning of Jan.hasn't had anything since n she took 3tests two were pos n the other neg!could she be pregnant??
I had my median removed last Friday and I had sex the Thursday before. I heard that sperm can live 3 to 5 days could I get pregnant this quick
I'm trying to see do anyone have a clue for me please let me no ASAP.Thanks
I had my mirena for 2 and a half years then got it removed in April of 2012 and its already been a year and still havent got pregnant. My boyfriend and I try almost every day because I dont know when im ovulationg because after mirena my periods have been irregular. Does any One have suggestions or answers on my I havent came out pregnant?
i had the marina coil in for 5 years and decided not to get it renewed and try for a baby, i had terrible bleeding and clottin for bout a month then 3 heavy periods but after that i found out i was pregnant :) im puttin this comment on to show there is hope cos after i read the comments on here i was so disheartened but  would like to share my news to show it can be done. gud luc everyone of yous :)
Ive had the mirena in for 3 days now and ive had bad cramps. no vomiting yet but i kinda want to get it out because if i cant have kids i will be very upset. im 17 and im very scared.. i have no idea what to do.. :'(
My Dr. told me the same thing. Its so the lining of the uterus thickens up for it able to successfully implanted. Which does make sense.
i JUST had my Mirena removed on the 10th of April... had some bleeding for a few days and asa I had sex bleeding stopped.. I am obsessing about being pregnant. I suppose it's unlikely... but possible. It's all I can think about! Ahhh!
Did You end up getting preggo's? If so how long did it take? I am in pretty much the same boat as you were so I was wondering if you could give me an update?
I've had my mirena removed on August 1 2013 I had sex on August 2 2013 my partner and I don't have sex regularly cause I've heard horror stories about getting pregnant immediately after the mirena can end in MC n I'm afraid but we both want a baby today is August 4 2013 no real bleeding only pinkish when I go to the bathroom we badly wanna be pregnant I have 4kids from a previous marriage and he has 1child from his past relationship any advice
you are so TRU i STRONGLY agree...
I took my mirena coil out last Monday and bled within a few hrs for about 3 days..I had it in for 2 yrs and never bled whilst it was in. So would this be classed as a period, or do I wait for that?? I took it out due to wanting another baby (and it zapped my sex drive, and made sex really painful during and after). Now im having period type pain but no bleeding, also nausea during the night and back pain. I cant be pregnant because it has only been out for 10 days and surely my cycle needs to regulate?? Help..  :-)
They say to wait about a month for your period to regulate, so it's probably best to wait to ttc because you never know when you're ovulating. I got mine removed in May 2013 and conceived July 10th, I'm due April 3rd.
I had the coil took out in sep 13 and for the past 7months I've bin try in for a baby its not happened wats going on I they I was them time cause I should of come on Thursday just gone and just now I've started bleeding abit should it happened 3 or 4 days later I've already got children
Hi I've bin the same for 7 months I've bin try in and I should of come Thursday just gone but 2day as its Sunday I've started bleeding don't know how x
I got my Mirena removed at the end of July in 2013.  Its now May 2014 and I have been trying to get pregnant and cant.   I have three girls so I know I can have children even though I was diagnosed with PCOS.  Can anyone tell me how long after Mirena comes out can you get pregnant?  I have had no luck and now I'm getting worried.  Please help!!!
Viewing 201-367 comments: